• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
What about the leak that till now has been 100% accurate?

"It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid"

It's not that impossible that the fighting gym leader has Scorbunny evolution. We know Milo and Nessa signature pokemon are gen 8 pokemon. So probably, Bea and Allister signatures won't be Hitmontop and Mimikyu. They may have used those in the trailer because we don't have a single fighting or ghost gen 8 pokemon revealed yet.
It looking like a fighter does not mean that it would become Fighting-type. Also, I don't think that a Gym Leader would use a starter. Gardenia is to date the only Gym Leader who uses a starter, and that's only because of how limited the original Sinnoh dex was when it comes to type variety.

I doubt we ever get a Part Electric starter, since it potentially can steal Pikachu's thunder, who is the mascot and i doubt Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company want that.
Fire/Electric because Water is the second gym is also a weak argument, since that would mean Sobble would beWater/Ice because of the Grass type gym being the first instead of Pure Water (This one alone already destroyed your argument).
When you hammer Fire on Steel, you also get sparks, because of the Steel that gets Heated. As such, that also means nothing, despite it pointing towards Scorbunny staying pure Fire or becoming Fire/Steel.
Scorbunny learning Bounce is a given, since both Bunnelby and Buneary learns it.

Pure Fire, Fire/Normal or Fire/Steel seem the most likely based on Scorbunny's colorscheme being mainly white.

won't steel anything from Pikachu , it will even be a good double partner for it and could use other electric attacks making pikachu getting back Volt Tackle maybe?

It looking like a fighter does not mean that it would become Fighting-type. Also, I don't think that a Gym Leader would use a starter. Gardenia is to date the only Gym Leader who uses a starter, and that's only because of how limited the original Sinnoh dex was when it comes to type variety.
It's not up to us to use logic against Game Freak. It happened before. It's not impossible, there's a leak suggesting It. It's possible.

Question. Usually we see the 1.starter with a 2.middle stage and an 3.end stage. Since Gigantamax is now a thing, do you think that the starters will automatically get that?
And If they do, Do you think that they will be the first starters to be one form short due to Gigantamax changing appearance? Otherwise there is a total of Four designs instead of three.

Sobble using Yawn or Hypnosis anyone?

Scorchbunny hyper and super fang?

Question. Usually we see the 1.starter with a 2.middle stage and an 3.end stage. Since Gigantamax is now a thing, do you think that the starters will automatically get that?
And If they do, Do you think that they will be the first starters to be one form short due to Gigantamax changing appearance? Otherwise there is a total of Four designs instead of three.
I honestly doubt that. If they get a Gigantamax form, it’ll be an additional one from the three stages.

Considering G-Max is supposed to be very rare and only found in select members of a species, I feel like it would be remarkably convenient if our chosen starter just so happened to be one of those Pokemon. :p But at the same time, the Alola starters final forms were among the few species that got species specfic Z-Moves, so I could totally see the Galar starters getting Gigantamax forms for their final stages as well.

If they did Gigantamax, I don't see why they would be a form short or what the issue is with having 4 designs considering they did it with the Kanto and Hoenn starters with Megas.

Considering G-Max is supposed to be very rare and only found in select members of a species, I feel like it would be remarkably convenient if our chosen starter just so happened to be one of those Pokemon. :p But at the same time, the Alola starters final forms were among the few species that got species specfic Z-Moves, so I could totally see the Galar starters getting Gigantamax forms for their final stages as well.

If they did Gigantamax, I don't see why they would be a form short or what the issue is with having 4 designs considering they did it with the Kanto and Hoenn starters with Megas.
I never did get why the Kalos starters never got megas.....in the region and generation that introduced megas.....that they're the representatives of. Thankfully seeing gen 8 mons getting G-Maxes gives me hope that they'll also get some

I never did get why the Kalos starters never got megas.....in the region and generation that introduced megas.....that they're the representatives of. Thankfully seeing gen 8 mons getting G-Maxes gives me hope that they'll also get some
Megas and Alola forms were a new way to give new designs to old pokemon so they could sell them again combined with the nostalgia factor. What I mean is that Charizard and Mewtwo with two new forms sell better than the entire Kalos pokedex sadly. This is why we only had 2 megas from gen 5 and 6 (cause they were both pretty new generations) and why we only had gen 1 alola forms.
I'm happy that they gave Giga forms to Galar pokemon. The leaks however mostly mention gen 1 pokemon when talking about giga forms: Lapras, Pikachu, Meowth, Charizard...which I really hope It's not the case.
With all this gen 1 pandering, by the end of gen 10 all gen 1 pokemon will have a cross gen evolution or a mega or an alola form or a giga form or whatever.

Charizard is likely to get a Gigantamax form, unfortunately.

Given that even in Leon’s official work he’s portrayed together with Charizard, there’s no way it’ll be his ace without a Gigantamax form.

Any predictions on the bst for the evos?

Gen 7 - all were 530.
Gen 6 - Water and Grass were 530, but the Fire was 534. (I'm so glad Delphox is above the other 5).
Gen 5 - all were 528.

Would be nice if Bongorilla was above 530 for once.

Would be nice if they increased the bst of Venusaur, Meganium, and Torterra from 525 to like 530.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing the Fire or Water at 525 this time around.

So, anybody else getting vibes that Grookey will be the star starter of the gen? I say this cause the male trainer in the dynamax trailer primarily used Grookey. And normally in trailers, the star starter is used by the male trainer.

So, anybody else getting vibes that Grookey will be the star starter of the gen? I say this cause the male trainer in the dynamax trailer primarily used Grookey. And normally in trailers, the star starter is used by the male trainer.
I doubt GF plans the the most popular starter. Usually the fandom appreciates one more than the rest.

Not sure what you mean by “star starter”. The most popular starter has little to do with what the male trainer used in a trailer.

Greninja was the most popular starter in gen 6 but nobody really cared about froakie till Frogadier was revealed. So I don't think we can say right now what starter will get the spotlight.

Not sure what you mean by “star starter”. The most popular starter has little to do with what the male trainer used in a trailer.
Greninja was chosen to be in Smash before he was even revealed, as well as planned to be used by Ash in the anime. And during the first few trailers of SM, the male trainer uses Litten, and I remember a japanese commercial that has a kid choose Litten specifically. Not to mention Incineroar was also planned to be in Smash before it's reveal which led to the artwork leak. Point being they don't wait for popularity of the audience to kick in when choosing a starter (a starter that gets tons of attention from official media and artwork.) They seem to bank on one in particular.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom