• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
I honestly can't wait for that time when we're getting actual credible leaks and we have to choose whether or not we believe them. I always find that a really exciting time to be a fan. I remember the arguments people had about the leaked black and white starter evolutions before Gen V, and how DETAILED some people went in "proving" they were fake. I'm not sure why, but I just enjoy that whole conversation.

We have a credible leak though. Pretty much 90 percent they mentioned thus far is right.

We have a credible leak though. Pretty much 90 percent they mentioned thus far is right.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to try to mimic what was said in the leak to fake us out. Until we see the designs, that conversation stays open!

We already got them leaked but hard to read their typing.

After this tweet
View: https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/1164574182635556864?s=21
, I'm thinking that Grookey will evolve into a Grass/Psychic or Grass/Fairy pokémon. However, according to Afflect leak, Grookey will evolve into a "Giant Gorrila that beats a drum to Atack", and I don't get a fairy/psychic vibe when I do imagine a giant gorilla. I mean, gorillas are known for their physical strength. Let's see what Gamefreak will do.

After this tweet
View: https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/1164574182635556864?s=21
, I'm thinking that Grookey will evolve into a Grass/Psychic or Grass/Fairy pokémon. However, according to Afflect leak, Grookey will evolve into a "Giant Gorrila that beats a drum to Atack", and I don't get a fairy/psychic vibe when I do imagine a giant gorilla. I mean, gorillas are known for their physical strength. Let's see what Gamefreak will do.

if it does beat a drum, maybe it will go with a shaman route. or maybe it isn't a gorilla and they thought it was.

Well, the Afflect leaker got everything right so far, so I'm trusting in his statements. If it goes with a shaman route, then Grookey line will be a special atacker one. Shamans do use magic power.
But it's already shown Grookey's a physical attacker, with his stat spread

Yeah but Tapu Bulu might a well be just a grass type. It only knows Natures Madness and Dazzling Gleam and nodody even uses that.
I mean, being part Fairy does more than just provide STAB. It affects it defensively as well. It also fits its lore especially since all of the Tapu are part Fairy.
Gen 8 might also grant it a Physical Fairy-Type move.

Isn't grass/fairy also not the best, defensively?
I said affects not makes it better. It changes the way you would use it. It also technically gives it an immunity, two new resistances and removes a weakness while only giving it one new weakness and making a prior one into a double weakness. Seems at least slightly better than pure grass to me.

I said affects not makes it better. It changes the way you would use it. It also technically gives it an immunity, two new resistances and removes a weakness while only giving it one new weakness and making a prior one into a double weakness. Seems at least slightly better than pure grass to me.
I still think Grass/Rock and Grass/Ground is more likely

So? That logic can easily give it play rough, which was my point. Play rough is right up the alley for a hypothetical Grass/Fairy mischievous Pokemon.
I'm trying to say the mischievous part of it's personality is not going to be it's defining trait. It's just a personality trait. Look at Litten, it's was known to be chill and calm, then it becomes the boisterous Incineroar

I'm trying to say the mischievous part of it's personality is not going to be it's defining trait. It's just a personality trait. Look at Litten, it's was known to be chill and calm, then it becomes the boisterous Incineroar
It’s entirely possible it isn’t a defining trait, but the Grookey line is highly likely to get Play Rough if it becomes Grass/Fairy, preventing it from ending up like Tapu Bulu with no viable fairy options.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom