• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 64 26.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 72 29.5%
  • All of them!

Votes: 59 24.2%
  • None.

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters
Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I'm never gonna forgive them for turning litten into tony the tiger
I don't even mind Incineroar much, in itself, but the problem is that he's the last evo of a line that appeared to be quite great, and diverse then the usual fire starters.
I guess Solgaleo's presence might've influenced the decison.

Reaction score
I don't even mind Incineroar much, in itself, but the problem is that he's the last evo of a line that appeared to be quite great, and diverse then the usual fire starters.
I guess Solgaleo's presence might've influenced the decison.
I don't know, for me it was Incineroar that saved that line for me, considering I wasn't really impressed with Litten and much less with Torracat.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I don't know, for me it was Incineroar that saved that line for me, considering I wasn't really impressed with Litten and much less with Torracat.
As with everything related to Pokèmon design, it's a subjective manner. As I said, I don't mind Incineroar's design. But I wanted a quadruped fire starter's final stage for a long time, and felines in general are among my favourite animals, so I was looking foward to a quadruped tiger.

Reaction score
As with everything related to Pokèmon design, it's a subjective manner. As I said, I don't mind Incineroar's design. But I wanted a quadruped fire starter's final stage for a long time, and felines in general are among my favourite animals, so I was looking foward to a quadruped tiger.
I get you now, since what you're describing is the same thing I felt with Delphox, since I love foxes and wanted something different.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I get you now, since what you're describing is the same thing I felt with Delphox, since I love foxes and wanted something different.
The same goes for Fennekin's line to me, yeah. Litten's was worse because the second stage remained quadruped.

Reaction score
I don't really know what be quadraped would do. How many legs a pokemon stands on doesn't make a design cooler, or make them unique amongst other pokemon. I never did get the craze for a quadraped when it doesn't do anything in the long run

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
I don't really know what be quadraped would do. How many legs a pokemon stands on doesn't make a design cooler, or make them unique amongst other pokemon. I never did get the craze for a quadraped when it doesn't do anything in the long run
My guess is because it makes them more natural and animalistic looking, and less like a furry.

Reaction score
My guess is because it makes them more natural and animalistic looking, and less like a furry.

Do we just forget that these are monsters only based off animals? There is no rule of cool based on how many legs pokemon stands on.

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
Do we just forget that these are monsters only based off animals?
Yes, Incineroar is based off of an animal, but its bipedal, i.e. humanoid, appearance lessens that affect to a degree. Some people prefer their monsters to be more animalistic and faithful to their inspirations, which goes hand-in-hand with being quadrupedal.

Reaction score
Yes, Incineroar is based off of an animal, but its bipedal, i.e. humanoid, appearance lessens that affect to a degree. Some people prefer their monsters to be more animalistic and faithful to their inspirations, which goes hand-in-hand with being quadrupedal.
Forgive me if my opinion on that is considered lack of wonder to me. If your sense on good design is literally taking something that exists, add fire on it, and call it a day, it kinda ticks me off as an artist

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
Forgive me if my opinion on that is considered lack of wonder to me. If your sense on good design is literally taking something that exists, add fire on it, and call it a day, it kinda ticks me off as an artist
You can have a Pokemon keep the same stance(?) as its real-world counterpart while still making it different enough. Manetric is quadruple just like dogs and wolves, yet it doesn't come across as a lazy design, which I'm assuming you're getting at.

Also, some people are totally okay with Pokemon that just their real-world counterpart with fire on it, and even prefer those designs.

Reaction score

This guy made this back in 2016, before the starters were even revealed. Still think people are just satisfied with just animalistic designs?

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
View attachment 126406

This guy made this back in 2016, before the starters were even revealed. Still think people are just satisfied with just animalistic designs?
I'm not saying that people don't like bipedal designs or are only satisfied with animalistic designs, I'm just providing an explanation for why some folks prefer quadruple designs to bipedal ones.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Of course, a design can be good or bad reagless of the number of legs a Pokèmon would stand on. And as I said, I do like Incineroar's design.

I just want in general a quadruped fire starter because everyone so far was on two legs, and it can give some different vibe, as well as being less antropomorphic. That doesn't mean that any design works, or that I'd be fine with any kind of design.

Reaction score
Of course, a design can be good or bad reagless of the number of legs a Pokèmon would stand on. And as I said, I do like Incineroar's design.

I just want in general a quadruped fire starter because everyone so far was on two legs, and it can give some different vibe, as well as being less antropomorphic. That doesn't mean that any design works, or that I'd be fine with any kind of design.
Then why clamor on that one small detail if it doesn't matter?

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Then why clamor on that one small detail if it doesn't matter?
I don't think I really made a big deal about it. I just stated that I don't trust GF in making the fire starter not anthropomorphic, and that I'd have preferred to see a different take on Incineroar's design. I didn't even criticize the latter, actually.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Incineroar is perfect and I love him.

(9o-o)9 who wants to go? Put em up. I'll fight for my heel-wrestling kitty cat's honor.