• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

You know it's bound to happen.

Every bit of news that comes out, I think "this is gonna be the one where they show the evolutions." For some reason, I care about them so damn much. I worry I'm hinging to much on how much I like them, and by doing so, I'm setting way too high a standard to live up to... but I wanna see them so bad!

As of this moment, less than a month before the games come out, I think my starter choice has switched (hehehe). The June Direct had me question my choice in Grookey a bit, and in the 5 months since then it has been a constant state of unknowing. But a few days ago I finally realized how much I love Sobble, along with all the other water starters. So, I am switching my partner to Sobble.

This is still dependent on final evos though. If I don't like Sobble's final evo that much, but I love Grookey's, then I might switch back to Grookey. It's just so weird not being set on a starter even though we only have a month to go till the games are out. So much uncertainty. But for now, I think I am a bit more at ease knowing that I can be friends with this sad lizard.

Okay, this is my final verdict on what I want for the starters final evolutions:
Your Grookey has evolved!
View attachment 126596
credit
BASSIMIAN
Category: Drum Solo Pokemon
Type: Grass/Rock
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 231 lbs.
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Own Tempo
Drum pads as a form of armor
The pads that Bassimian uses to create music are made of tough wood, which allow it to use them as armor, and can repel some of the toughest attacks!
It's affinity to the earth has increased
Bassimian's bond to the earth has grown immensely since it was a Grookey, which allows it to create plants while drumming, and it has developed the power to control the earth as well!
Witness the new move exclusive to Bassimian, Rock Out!
Dirty Beats is a new move introduced in these titles that only Bassimian can learn! Bassimian plays a powerful drum solo for two to three turns, causing huge rocks to erupt from the ground, hitting both enemies! However, this move strains Bassimian, as it is confused aftwerwards.
Move Data:
Power: 120
PP: 10
Accuracy: 100
Stats:
HP 75
ATK 119
DEF 107
SP. ATK 67
SP. DEF 86
SPD 81
BST 530

Your Scorbunny has evolved!
View attachment 126597
4Chan found
THUNDRUNNY
Category: Zap Runner Pokemon
Type: Fire/Electric
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 87 lbs.
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Static
Whiskers as a lightning rod
The speed of Thundrunny is augmented by the fact that it uses its whiskers as lightning rods to collect lightning, along with the electricity from the friction in its fur.
It's fire sac is now a full-blown generator
Evolution has now made its fire sac become an electric generator, which collects static electricity from the fur to allow generatable electricity at will.
Witness the new move exclusive to Thundrunny, Energize!
Energize is a new move introduced in these titles that only Thundrunny can learn! Thundrunny begins to run in a spot to collect static electricity, before releasing it and boosting the stats of both it and it's ally! However, this move does no damage.
Move Data:
Power: N/A
PP: 5
Boosts all stats by 1 stage
Stats:
70 HP
112 Attack
65 Defense
98 Sp. Attack
65 Sp. Defense
118 Speed

BST: 530

Your Sobble has evolved!
View attachment 126598
INTELLEON
credit

Category: Spy Chameleon Pokemon
Type: Water/Ghost
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 107 lbs.
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Ability: Swift Swim
Bubbles are used for many things
Intelleon uses bubbles for many different things! Not only does it use them as goggles, it uses them to augment fist attacks, and it frequently uses one as a lens in its tail, to serve as a magnifying glass!
Invisibility is its greatest tool, along with pathokinetic powers
Intelleon uses its invisibility and emotion changing powers to hunt effectively, and police forces commonly use it to catch criminals secretively, as it works with spies and detectives!
Witness the new move exclusive to Intelleon, Spy Shot!
Spy Shot is a new move introduced in these titles that only Intelleon can learn! Intelleon turns invisible for a turn, charging up spectral energy, before attacking for a huge amount of damage! However, this move leaves Intelleon open to attacks.
Move Data:
Power: 145
Stats:
HP: 88
ATK: 73
DEF: 70
SP. ATK: 115
SP. DEF: 75
SPD: 109

Last edited:
Okay, this is my final verdict on what I want for the starters final evolutions:
Your Grookey has evolved!
View attachment 126596
credit
BASSIMIAN
Category: Drum Solo Pokemon
Type: Grass/Ground
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 231 lbs.
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Own Tempo
Drum pads as a form of armor
The pads that Bassimian uses to create music are made of tough wood, which allow it to use them as armor, and can repel some of the toughest attacks!
It's affinity to the earth has increased
Bassimian's bond to the earth has grown immensely since it was a Grookey, which allows it to create plants while drumming, and it has developed the power to control the earth as well!
Witness the new move exclusive to Bassimian, Dirty Beats!
Dirty Beats is a new move introduced in these titles that only Bassimian can learn! Bassimian plays a powerful drum solo for two to three turns, causing serious earthquakes from the earth, hitting both enemies! However, this move strains Bassimian, as it is confused aftwerwards.
Move Data:
Power: 120
Stats:
HP 75
ATK 119
DEF 107
SP. ATK 74
SP. DEF 87
SPD 72
BST 530

Your Scorbunny has evolved!
View attachment 126597
4Chan found
THUNDRUNNY
Category: Zap Runner Pokemon
Type: Fire/Electric
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 87 lbs.
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Static
Whiskers as a lightning rod
The speed of Thundrunny is augmented by the fact that it uses its whiskers as lightning rods to collect lightning, along with the electricity from the friction in its fur.
It's fire sac is now a full-blown generator
Evolution has now made its fire sac become an electric generator, which collects static electricity from the fur to allow generatable electricity at will.
Witness the new move exclusive to Thundrunny, Energize!
Energize is a new move introduced in these titles that only Thundrunny can learn! Thundrunny begins to run in a spot to collect static electricity, before releasing it and boosting the stats of both it and it's ally! However, this move does no damage.
Move Data:
Power: N/A
PP: 5
Boosts all stats by 1 stage
Stats:
70 HP
112 Attack
65 Defense
98 Sp. Attack
65 Sp. Defense
118 Speed

If Grookey becomes anything like Bassimian, I am ALL in.

Great stat ideas also.

One thing I do hope for these set of starters and Galarian Pokemon in general is that the Speed stat is given a fair chance this time, as a lot of Alolan mons were ridiculously slow...

If Grookey becomes anything like Bassimian, I am ALL in.

Great stat ideas also.

One thing I do hope for these set of starters and Galarian Pokemon in general is that the Speed stat is given a fair chance this time, as a lot of Alolan mons were ridiculously slow...
Thanks, I'm glad you like it =D
Yeah, and i noticed the speed thing, that's why the slowest of my trio (Bassimian) has two points over the fastest alolan starter (Decidueye)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom