• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
what you think about Grookey learning water pulse and aqua tail?
Serperior can pull aqua tail.

Serperior has a tail though. If Grookey's final stage is based off a Gorilla, it probably won't have one. Water pulse is possible though, if unlikely.

Water pulse does fit if Grookey is musical theme. Imagine if it has all the pulses! That would be really cool!

Water pulse does fit if Grookey is musical theme. Imagine if it has all the pulses! That would be really cool!

None of the Pokemon that can know Water Pulse has a musical/sound based theme outside of Tympole, which it learns as an egg move, so I don't Water Pulse would fit Grookey even if it had a musical theme.

None of the Pokemon that can know Water Pulse has a musical/sound based theme outside of Tympole, which it learns as an egg move, so I don't Water Pulse would fit Grookey even if it had a musical theme.

None of the music-based pokemon seems to be specifically inspired by pulses and rhythms the way I think Grookey is likely to be tho. But well, retorts that are basically just "it has not been done before" are kinda weak so it's not like it stops them from starting to do that thing now.

None of the music-based pokemon seems to be specifically inspired by pulses and rhythms the way I think Grookey is likely to be tho.

I disagree. Chatot seems to be rhythm based, it is a metronome bird after all. And, at any rate, Water Pulse hasn't been associated with music or soundwaves since RSE and none of its depictions in the anime and manga show it as a soundwave.

But well, retorts that are basically just "it has not been done before" are kinda weak so it's not like it stops them from starting to do that thing now.

My retort isn't "it has not been done before," it's: "Pokemon with similar themes have not been given this move so there is little chance a non-Water type will get it because of said themes."

I don’t think the starters will evolve b/c GF is too lazy.

At least we know which starter is gonna be worse than Chikorita!

squints at troll post Mannn I just woke up I ain't got the brain space to handle this right now. I will however defend my sweet baby Chikorita until I die. (9-.-)9~zzz

At this point I just hope Scorbunny's legs get less twiggy. For whatever reason this bothers me on him even though a lot of other pokemon got the stick legs too. xD

squints at troll post Mannn I just woke up I ain't got the brain space to handle this right now. I will however defend my sweet baby Chikorita until I die. (9-.-)9~zzz

At this point I just hope Scorbunny's legs get less twiggy. For whatever reason this bothers me on him even though a lot of other pokemon got the stick legs too. xD
thinks back to when the old model for live action Sonic had pronounced legs instead of the stick legs Yeah can we just stick with legs if necessary to the design?

holding fingers crooos that datamine could be fake and that all starters get good secondary typings this generation and no monotype mish mash.

How many fake final starters stages did we got last time and when where the real ones revealed?

holding fingers crooos that datamine could be fake and that all starters get good secondary typings this generation and no monotype mish mash.

How many fake final starters stages did we got last time and when where the real ones revealed?
This wasn’t a datamine; datamines are when someone gets the game and hacks into its files so they see all of the data. These are just leaked guidebook pictures and, tbh, it’s seeming pretty likely that they’re real.

This wasn’t a datamine; datamines are when someone gets the game and hacks into its files so they see all of the data. These are just leaked guidebook pictures and, tbh, it’s seeming pretty likely that they’re real.
All or could someone add fakes to mislead us?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom