• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
What? Isn't that exactly what they did with the Galar starters though? Sobble goes from a simple chameleon with all the standard chameleon characteristics (two toes etc), to a bipedal basilisk with fully-fledged human hands and arms and legs and a pattern that resembles clothing, for example.

I'm assuming what they meant is that the transition from animalistic to anthropomorphic wasn't as drastic. While I have my misgivings on Drizzile myself, it does establish an in-between point from the more animalistic Sobble and more anthropomorphic Inteleon since it starts to take a more bipedal stance and exhibits more human-like features like the hands and (albeit, still two toed) feet, which would be taken further with the final evolution. With the Litten line for instance, both Litten and Torracat are animalistic and the latter's only anthropomorphic trait is the large forelegs, so the jump is more noticeable when it hits Incineroar.

What? Isn't that exactly what they did with the Galar starters though? Sobble goes from a simple chameleon with all the standard chameleon characteristics (two toes etc), to a bipedal basilisk with fully-fledged human hands and arms and legs and a pattern that resembles clothing, for example.

Like I said, they do become human-like to an extent, but it isn't nearly as severe as the Alola trio. Though I agree with you on the human looking hands, Intelleon's arms and legs are so extreme in their proportion that they make it seem more reptilian than human. The pattern on its body doesn't look like clothing at all to me.

Rillaboom ok , shame that signature move isnt sound move bc it should be. steel or rock secondary type would help it out more.
Moveset strong, ability... too Tapu like. That abilitz would suit Meganium or its mega more.

Inteleon, ok accept stats, the lack of acid spray is disapointing...
water-poison with that stats and ability would rock the ground...
That signature move would be better if it would hit at least Dive, Bounce, Fly, Sky Drop taking itąs name... also hiting through screens without activating their effect and breaking substitutes would be good for Snipe Shot.

Cinderace, status, moveset wise its cool, ability can handle that... fire-electric would fit with that ability too...
Its move is a physical more accurate version of Fire Blast that can burn the target...Ok, could have gotten something extra.
Court change, normal move, quite something during battle and even after stealth rock hits it...
Would be cool if it would send the damage and stealth rocks back at the same turn...

Ok I like all their stats, can somehow handle water Sceptile, fire Greninja and grass Feraligatr completely.
But it really resembles gen 2 too much starter wise,

We had pure grass now 4 times, pure water 4, fire 2, fire-fighting 3 times....

Dual types are better for starters then monotypes.Especialy with immunities or minimum SE against them.
Or with cool hidden abilities and moves to even chances out.

Last edited:
Scorbunny is still my favourite Galar starter Pokemon because I really like Cinderace. It is sleek and cool-looking, and its Hidden Ability is awesome. It is actually one of very few fully evolved Fire starters I actually like.
Inteleon, on the other hand, is a disappointment and is currently the only fully Water starter I dislike.

This gen of starters reminded me too much gen2, interesting.
They chose the physical path for 2/3, all speed above 85, two speedy 119 and 120...
One enourmous special attacker and one physical attacker with both 125, breaking norms and making Rillaboom the strongest physical attacker and Intelleon the second strongest special attacker after Primarina that we ever had.

in gen order
1. charmander
2. cyndaquill
3. torchick
4. chimchar
5. tepig
6. fennikin
7. litten
8. scorbunny
i just like fire types

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom