• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
D0avT77VsAA65iy.jpg:large

Which is your favorite starter so far? And which one will you most likely pick?​

Nothings jumping out at me so far I'll have to put more thought into which starter I pick. The Scorbunny reminds me of a neopet for some reason.

I was hoping for a cute water starter, but Sobbel is just ughk! Scorbunny and even Grookey are ,much cuter. Scorbunny actually reminds me a lot of Chespin with that face. As usual, the evolutions will probably decide who I'm going with.

well, in future, I think Scorbunny will be my 2nd or 3rd favorite Pokémon!

It seems I'm one of the few people who is in love with Grookey so far. The leaves on his head reminds me of Torchic, one of my favorite starters of all time. On top of that, it has a similar design to Passimian, who I really like too. Grookey just looks so lively and cute =w=

All very cute designs! I like them!

Dropping the starter's names in other languages for reference, in Grass/Fire/Water order:

German: Chimpep, Hopplo, Memmeon

French: Ouistempo, Flambino, Larméléon

Japanese: サルノリ (Sarunori), ヒバニー (Hibunny), メッソン (Messon)

What I've noticed about the Japanese names:

Sarunori = saru (monkey)
Hibunny = hi (fire) + bunny
Messon = mesomeso (sobbing)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom