• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Grass or Water for me. Bunny looks way too cartoonish and goofy, almost like a pokemon version of Bugs Bunny. But of course, these are just first impressions. Their mid and final stage evos could change my choice.

Sobble is the one that made me say "Cuuute!" out loud, so I'd say it's my favorite so far. I'm usually more of a fire starter fan, but maybe not this time.

Oh my God!!! Just look at those Starters!!!

Thanks, I hate them.

I'll pick Grookey. But I'm not happy about it.

Take a wild guess y'all

Definitely taking Sobble. It's cute, and I liked how it camouflaged itself in water in the trailer.
As for my thoughts on them...
[Scorbunny appears in the trailer, ears first]
Huh, those ears of his look a bit like Torchic's feathers.
[Sobble appears in the trailer, fin first]
Wow, that fin resembles Torchic's feathers, too.
[Grookey appears in the trailer]
...WHAT THE HELL WHY DO THOSE LEAVES LOOK LIKE TORCHIC. WHY DO THEY ALL LOOK LIKE A FREAKIN' TORCHIC. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE ;-;

...Aaand I can't be the only one who thought about this after seeing Grookey's name.

Scorbunny, no contest. It’s so cute...and I have a good feeling it’s final evolution will be Fire/Fairy.

Sobble is cute for a lizard... Urgh IDK, I'm not into lizards...

Scorbunny is cute. I'm digging the pore strip. Hope it evolves into fire fairy!

Grookey has got to be the weakest starter design ever...

All of these starters are really cute and great. Scorbunny is my favorite, followed by Grookey for second. Sobble is still cute and I like it, but I think that I like Grookey and Scorbunny's designs a bit more. I am looking forward to getting all three starters as plush toys. I also hope that there won't be massive backlash/hate towards Sobble or really any of the starters like there was for Oshawott and Popplio. I always thought that those reactions were pretty harsh, especially when Oshawott and Popplio turned out to be my favorite starters from their respective generations. It might be too early to tell, but I haven't seen a lot of hate for one particular starter, so that's neat.

Right now, I could definitely see myself with Scorbunny and Grookey as my starters, but it really does depend on what their evolve forms look like. Since we've avoided the Fire/Fighting starter two generations in a row, I hope that will continue with Scorbunny. Becoming Fire/Fighting might not turn me off Scorbunny completely since it could still have a cool design, but it would be a bit disappointing. I'm not sure what I could see any of the starters evolving into right now. I like the idea of Fire/Fairy or Fire/Steel for Scorbunny and Water/Poison for Sobble would be interesting.

They're all just big ovals with limbs...

Has a set of Starters ever been so bodily similar and simplistic? Last time, we got a circular owl next to a realistic cat and a realistic sea lion. They were immediately distinct from one another. Same for Gen 6, and Gen 5...

It's been a couple hours and I've had some time to go over the starters. So far myself, I'm on Team Grookey, but this is subject to change with evolutions. At first it was only Grookey who I really liked, but now that I've seen more art of all 3 of them, I do really like them all, they've grown on me a lot.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom