• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, but I don't see a gorilla sucking the blood out of its opponents

Two things, one is that gorillas are omnivorous, and second is that they have large fangs.

So they could.

Granted, the meat takes a small part of their diet and they mainly eat stuff like ants, but whatever.

Okay, I forgot about termites, but I didn't know about them eating meat.

If you eat arthropods, that is a meat source in your diet. I think most scientists would agree with this.

Calling arthropods "not meat" is like calling fish the same. It's not scientific.

That said, they do also eat small mammals and small reptiles.

It does learn Leech Life. I put it on the movelist. I know my writing is crappy haha.

I guess it does but I gave it to him because Incineroar learns it. I looked at other Pokémon for move ideas.

It was supposed to be a joke because you wrote Leech Life twice xD

Regarding my previous post.. I commissioned an artist to help me finalize the design for my fakemon. Credit to @donpablo_dnd on IG. He did the amazing artwork on this. Huge improvement from my sloppy sketch lol.

Full info on the Pokémon:
GROOVILLA
GRASS/DARK

THE RHYTHM POKÉMON
HEIGHT: 6’2” WEIGHT: 220lb

HIDDEN ABILITY: FEARLESS - The Pokémon does not receive super effective damage from Bug and/or Ghost type moves. Immune to intimidation.

MOVES: Crunch, Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Power Whip, Spiky Shield, Horn Leech, Knock Off, Fake Out, Thrash, Outrage, Earthquake, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Swords Dance, Hammer Arm, Throat Chop, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Thunder Punch, Drain Punch, Parting Shot, Belly Drum.
SIGNATURE MOVE: TERROR HOWLS - The user let’s out terrifying and heavy howls that pummel the target down. May intimidate target (-1 Attack). Physical, no contact. 90BP 90% ACCURACY

STATS:
HP - 100
Atk- 120
Def - 100
SpA - 55
SpD - 70
Spe - 90

The Pokémon is based on howler monkeys, the extinct Gigantopithecus, vines and thorns, death metal, punks, and drummers.

Let me know what you guys think.

remeber the effects when fire pledge and grass pledge are used and a sea of fire is born?
What if Scorchbunny when entering battle will create such a sea to harm it's oponent , burn entry hazards and destroy terrains?

I presume I'm not the only one that thinks that Scorbunny looks like a Normal type, right?

I presume I'm not the only one that thinks that Scorbunny looks like a Normal type, right?
It makes sense since it has that "normal-looking" fur , but it is mostly pure fire-type and it's gonna surely evolve into a fighting-type mon (if not just looking like one)

It makes sense since it has that "normal-looking" fur , but it is mostly pure fire-type and it's gonna surely evolve into a fighting-type mon (if not just looking like one)

Maybe it will have Normal as a secondary type.

you know, now that you mention it, that could be a great possibility. with grookey being mischievous (dark?) and sobble disappearing like a ghost...

you know, now that you mention it, that could be a great possibility. with grookey being mischievous (dark?) and sobble disappearing like a ghost...

A very interesting 'theory'. What would be the implications of it?

I'm a Sobble fan, I know, but Scorbunny's type has been a popular topic lately (or so I've observed) so I decided to put my opinion into it! I personally hope the line turns out to be a Fire/Ground type because Scorbunny's is based off of a rabbit and rabbits burrow into the ground a lot.

Where's pure fire? I don't think that's what it'll be, but the question says "want," not "expect," and I want pure fire.

Also, why just Scorbunny? I feel like a thread for each starter would be overkill, but maybe this should be a "starter discussion" thread instead, unless one already exists? Cuz I'm a Sobble-boy and he wants some love too.

Where's pure fire? I don't think that's what it'll be, but the question says "want," not "expect," and I want pure fire.

Also, why just Scorbunny? I feel like a thread for each starter would be overkill, but maybe this should be a "starter discussion" thread instead, unless one already exists? Cuz I'm a Sobble-boy and he wants some love too.

I agree with you, I probably should of included Sobble and Grookey. But the reason why I didn't was because I've just been seeing more hype for what Scorbunny's line will be typed. Maybe in the future I'll do another one including the other starters.

There's already a starter thread, it's just that no one has posted there in a while.

I've wanted a fire/fairy pokemon since fairy was revealed. They're my two favorite types.

But I expect pure fire or (shudders) fire/fighting (looking at that bandaid...)

I've wanted a fire/fairy pokemon since fairy was revealed. They're my two favorite types.

But I expect pure fire or (shudders) fire/fighting (looking at that bandaid...)

I agree, but we shouldn't judge Scorbunny based on it's appearance. EX: Piplup is a Penguin, Penguins normally live in frozen climates. But Empoleon ended up as Water/Steel instead of Water/Ice. Just saying.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom