• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
I would be upset if it becomes a gorilla.

Well, I guess a not-gorilla would be fine but after a lot of monkeys that never became full gorillas, it owuld be nice.

As long as it doesn't become Grass/Fairy, I'm fine. Ever since it's debut, for something that shouldn't be that much of a common type, we have gotten an awfully large amount of Fairy-types with a dual-typed starter last generation and I'm kind of sick of them by now.

Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, Fire/Steel or Fire/Electric and Water/Dragon or Water/Ghost would be my preferred typings for these, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bunny ends up Fire/Fighting with it knowing Double Kick in the trailer.

Bash means that it’s literally hitting it with a stick so I’d prepare to be disappointed if I were hoping for a sound move.
google: bash stick instrument ; The drum and percussion bash

I would hope for a multi hit move like water shuriken too but we will see.

I would, especially if it ends as a speedy attacker. Also, Fire/Fighting is not a bad type by any mean. It covers the issues against Rock-types, including the dreaded Stealth Rock, and Fire and Fighting are excellent offensive types with high-powered moves (Fire Blast / Flare Blitz and Close Combat / High Jump Kick).

It’s just frowned upon because it has been used on fire starters for three successive generations, and only starters. I bet people wouldn’t hate the typing as much if a non-starter Pokémon got it or something.

Considering you might have to go out of your way to catch a new instance of a species capable of Gigantimaxing, does this mean that the stars will miss out on it like the Kalos starters missed out on Mega Evolution?

Considering you might have to go out of your way to catch a new instance of a species capable of Gigantimaxing, does this mean that the stars will miss out on it like the Kalos starters missed out on Mega Evolution?
Well we have to think hoe Leon got his Charizard who more than likely will Gigantamax. For all we know our starters might coincidentally be the special specimen of it's species that can.

I really don't like fictional gorillas. I only find real gorillas interesting because of their intelligence...Which pokemon already kind of have. I would hate if Grookey becomes a gorilla.

I really don't like fictional gorillas. I only find real gorillas interesting because of their intelligence...Which pokemon already kind of have. I would hate if Grookey becomes a gorilla.
But we don't have a gorilla pokemon yet. Slaking's more sloth than Gorilla, Darmanitan is an orangatang/baboon, and Oranguru is also and Orangatang. We have yet a gorilla pokemon

Essentially no one would pick Scorbunny if that was the case.
Given the possible stats distribution in the demo, I would still pick Scorbunny, unless it’s final stage design really, really suck.

Also, your statement is really exaggerated if you’re talking about either casual or general fans of the brand/games. I can see more dedicated and ‘core’ players preferring the other two in case of yet another Fire/Fighting, but there’ll be people still picking him (as myself). And the designs will affect the decision as much as the typing.

No fire/figjting.

Interesting how they give no abilities , moves and info like in the past. Reduce amount of pokemon.

G-max final stage starters will solve a lot.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom