• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Grookey:
Signature Move
Rock Out
Rock
Physical
Power: 120
Basically Outrage but rock type. When he smacks the ground, huge rocks erupt.

Sobble:
Signature Move
Sly Swipe
Ghost
Special
Power: 60
Turns invisible and uses spiritual powers to swipe the foe's item.

Scorbunny:
Signature Move
Workout
Normal
Status
Power: N/A
Raises a random stat sharply from the following three: Attack, Defense, or Speed

I'm sorry, Smugleaf has the urge to better someone when seeing their suggestion

Well scorbunny looks like an athletic runner to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-060335_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190909-060335_YouTube.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 50
Well scorbunny looks like an athletic runner to me
That's kinda obvious. A runner was always what Scorbunny was gonna. Many just wonder if he'll become a soccer player.

Also thinking about it. There's one thing I forgot to mention. If Sobble ends up being Water/Poison, which judging by how his abilities work, that's one of the likely typings, that off handedly narrows Grookey down to 3 possible typings just to have the type advantage (since water/poison loses grass weakness) Ground, Electric, and Psychic. So we gotta think. We know Grookey hits as a physical attacker, and is rather bulky in both defenses. So which typing fits the build the best?

Only problem is that's a heck of a fragile typing, with no benefits to a physical attacker like Grookey other than Zen Headbutt.
maybe there will be new moves. but this is one reason why i am thinking it is possible the move pool will be more involved this time instead of just the types.
but still, fire/steel water/poison and grass/psychic seems to be more even than my thoughts of fire/normal with fighting moves water/poison with ghost moves and grass/fairy with psychic moves.
question. i know they have been doing team ups in the TCG, you don't think they would throw in 3 types on a pokemon for the swsh games do you?
--
edit
how about this for an explanation for grookey going grass/ground? the practice of grounding.
GROUNDING – HIPPIE HYPE OR HEALING REVOLUTION?

Last edited:
maybe there will be new moves. but this is one reason why i am thinking it is possible the move pool will be more involved this time instead of just the types.
but still, fire/steel water/poison and grass/psychic seems to be more even than my thoughts of fire/normal with fighting moves water/poison with ghost moves and grass/fairy with psychic moves.
question. i know they have been doing team ups in the TCG, you don't think they would throw in 3 types on a pokemon for the swsh games do you?
--
edit
how about this for an explanation for grookey going grass/ground? the practice of grounding.
GROUNDING – HIPPIE HYPE OR HEALING REVOLUTION?
I doubt there'll be triple types anytime soon.

How the heck? Reading this is like ground, electric, and psychic in one concept

I doubt there'll be triple types anytime soon.

How the heck? Reading this is like ground, electric, and psychic in one concept
well with the healing effects and channeling energy to make plants grow and grookey being grass and mischievous i think it has some fairy in it too. that is just me though. he seems nymphy to me.
but there are crystals and rocks that people use in grounding practices too beyond just touching the ground
I am planning on using sobble because i have the most confidence in him and i usually pick water types, but like I have said I am very curious about grookey. there are a few ways he could go and i like marmosets.
Oh!!!!!! wait a second. Before grookey grew plants in the first trailer he hit a rock with his stick that he channels energy through :eek:

well with the healing effects and channeling energy to make plants grow and grookey being grass and mischievous i think it has some fairy in it too. that is just me though. he seems nymphy to me.
but there are crystals and rocks that people use in grounding practices too beyond just touching the ground
I am planning on using sobble because i have the most confidence in him and i usually pick water types, but like I have said I am very curious about grookey. there are a few ways he could go and i like marmosets.
Oh!!!!!! wait a second. Before grookey grew plants in the first trailer he hit a rock with his stick that he channels energy through :eek:
Well yeah, the card states his stick has to hit something to send healing soundwaves. Hence why he hits the rock

Well yeah, the card states his stick has to hit something to send healing soundwaves. Hence why he hits the rock
oh yeah i forgot about the card.
yeah more than likely grookey will end up with drums beyond that leak saying that.
Aligning your brainwaves to a certain frequency can cause a physiological reaction. Physiological reactions are often stress-related, such as an increased heart rate. With sound therapy, your body’s physiological response is positive. You release nitric oxide, a molecule responsible for expanding blood vessels, increasing blood flow and reducing pain signals.

Deep meditation, healing, and creative insight can happen when you shift your brainwaves into the theta brainwave state. Sound therapy uses specific instruments to create healing frequencies and can also shift your brainwave state. These instruments may include gongs, shamanic drums, Tibetan singing bowls, Crystal singing bowls, tuning forks, chimes, drones and even the voice with vocal toning.

Grounding With Sound

and I do wonder if sobble is about emotions (i don't know if he will be beyond his first stage having the habit of sobbing) if maybe grookey will have some sort of canceling effect towards sobble as a defense when it comes to special moves/abilities.

oh yeah i forgot about the card.
yeah more than likely grookey will end up with drums beyond that leak saying that.
Aligning your brainwaves to a certain frequency can cause a physiological reaction. Physiological reactions are often stress-related, such as an increased heart rate. With sound therapy, your body’s physiological response is positive. You release nitric oxide, a molecule responsible for expanding blood vessels, increasing blood flow and reducing pain signals.

Deep meditation, healing, and creative insight can happen when you shift your brainwaves into the theta brainwave state. Sound therapy uses specific instruments to create healing frequencies and can also shift your brainwave state. These instruments may include gongs, shamanic drums, Tibetan singing bowls, Crystal singing bowls, tuning forks, chimes, drones and even the voice with vocal toning.

Grounding With Sound

and I do wonder if sobble is about emotions (i don't know if he will be beyond his first stage having the habit of sobbing) if maybe grookey will have some sort of canceling effect towards sobble as a defense when it comes to special moves/abilities.
Man this is really hinting towards psychic for me....which I honestly am worried for cause to me it's not that great of a typing and as it is now, is not best for a physical attacker. But Fairy is still in the running due him being a healer of sorts. Or even your logic of earthing can work for Ground with him being more in tune with the earth, drawing energy from it.

Landorus's pokedex entry: The energy that comes pouring from its tail increases the nutrition in the soil, making crops grow to great size. From the forces of lightning and wind, it creates energy to give nutrients to the soil and make the land abundant.

well with the ground type and grounding, I was thinking the channeling energy and sound vibrations between the stick, drum, and feet of grookey. So more of grookey putting vibrations into the ground rather than him absorbing from the ground. He could absorb from the sun if he absorbs anything due to him being a grass type.
--
So in the practice of a human grounding, it is said they absorb the electrons from the earth through their feet. I am not sure if this means grookey would be inputting electrons or protons into the earth. if he does electrons it makes me think of solar panels and electricity. but I dont think this really matters unless he is an electric type for some reason.
but to expand on this with sound waves added...
Theta brainwaves happen during drumming for meditation/grounding purposes...

Our brain's electromagnetic frequency changes throughout the 24-hour cycle. From Delta (sleep) to Theta (between sleep and awakened state) to Alpha (relaxed) to Beta (fully alert) - and then as we are getting ready to go to sleep it slows down to Alpha then to Theta and Delta. The Theta state is between 4-8 Hz. While it happens naturally twice a day, it is difficult to achieve it on demand (unless you know how), let alone maintain for several minutes.

Theta meditation is super effective because of the amazing properties of the 8 Hz frequency. In this deep meditative state your consciousness merges with the Quantum Field where your can heal your mind and body; visualise and create your future; reprogram your unconscious mind by replacing old habits with the new ones; receive guidance and insights from your Higher Self, other dimensions and spiritual realms; and completely rejuvenate as 20 minutes of this meditation can refresh you as much as eight hours of sleep.

Why is the 8 Hz frequency so special? Science gives us some clues:

• The “Heartbeat of the Earth”, known as Schumann Resonance, is at 7.83 Hz
  • The human DNA is said to pulsate at 8 cycles per second (8 Hz) during replication
  • Quantum physics tells us that electrons oscillate (appear and disappear) between this dimension and the Quantum Field 7.8 times per second (7.8 Hz).
  • Healers have been found slowing down their brainwaves to 8 Hz and entrain their patient's brainwaves to the same frequency to allow the healing
  • It is believed that the pineal gland – the door to our Divinity - pulsates at 8 Hz
In the Theta state:
  • Your consciousness merges with the Quantum Field (the Matrix)
  • You can access other dimensions and realms
  • You can be put in a hypnotic trance and walk on fire – as you conscious mind is bypassed and you are highly impressionable. The door to your unconscious mind is wide open.
  • Your creativity, intuition, extrasensory perception and psychic abilities are significantly heightened

Theta Meditations
If he is grass/ground: you can use sound waves and energy for creation purposes which can also be destructive at the same time such as earthquakes.

edit
after re-reading maybe grookey aligns himself with the earth and that is why he would be ground type and use his drum. if the earth's heartbeat is 7.83Hz and the drum makes grookeys brainwaves 4-8Hz they match and maybe the sun he absorbs from being a grass type plays a roll with the plant growth since healing happens at 8Hz. Healing is a type of growth.

Last edited:
Right now, I just wish they'd reveal something about the starters. Talk about being kept in the dark longer than we need to be.

But to stay on topic, I hope the rabbit's final form is fire/electric. Yeah, I don't care about that Ground weakness multiplier I just want it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom