• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Hmm!! nothing posted (for any game) on the Gameinformer twitter!
I am sort of wondering/hoping for silhouettes either today or tomorrow!!

Well I mean, you don't gotta look it up if you don't want to.

I for one want to not be surprised in-game by another fire/fighting starter final evolution. So now more than ever I want to be told what Scorbunny becomes.
Doesn't matter for me. If its fire fighting it hopefully atleast looks cool. If its not and looks dumb I'm still choosing scorbunny but not evolving him.

Hmmm Sobble becomes transparent during when it's in water?
rain counts too?
maybe invisibility during rainy weather? Imagine becoming harder to hit during rain?
if its a water type and it's body made out of water maybe latter will naturally be invisible on land even without water?

I hope it's a new ability because a move wasn't use there for sure.

Also real invisibility as a ability for some new pokemon that would be send invisible into battle would be really cool as a surprise effect.
_
Scorch bunny- "Energetic" , it runs to charge more and more energy...
_
Grookey, they hint a gorilla, hope grass/rock, grass/steel, I could not handle a grass/ground or pure grass or a grass/??? with to many weakness...

Interesting how they choose the moods for all 3.

Last edited:
Hmmm Sobble becomes transparent during when it's in water?
rain counts too?
maybe invisibility during rainy weather? Imagine becoming harder to hit during rain?
if its a water type and it's body made out of water maybe latter will naturally be invisible on land even without water?

I hope it's a new ability because a move wasn't use there for sure.

Also real invisibility as a ability for some new pokemon that would be send invisible into battle would be really cool as a surprise effect.
_
Scorch bunny- "Energetic" , it runs to charge more and more energy...
_
Grookey, they hint a gorilla, hope grass/rock, grass/steel, I could not handle a grass/ground or pure grass or a grass/??? with to many weakness...

Interesting how they choose the moods for all 3.

I believe that this 3 personalities are abilities.

This has not much to do with the starters themselves, just something I thought of. Story wise I feel like the starter choice is really interesting this time around. Since not only do we the player know that the Champion's main Pokemon is a Charizard, our character does too (heck, as does everyone else in Galar) in a world where the league is like the biggest sports competition ever. So realistically, you would think that in this world the main characters would probably be wanting to pick Sobble because it has an advantage over Leon's Charizard. Hop especially since his desire is to be beat his older bro (of course, his choice is sadly dictated by ours :p). At the same time, I could also see him wanting Scorbunny to have a fire-type as his partner, like Leon.

Sadly for Hop, I'm 99% going with Scorbunny, so he's gonna have Grookey against his bro XD (unless that theory about him getting both extra starters ends up being true)

This has not much to do with the starters themselves, just something I thought of. Story wise I feel like the starter choice is really interesting this time around. Since not only do we the player know that the Champion's main Pokemon is a Charizard, our character does too (heck, as does everyone else in Galar) in a world where the league is like the biggest sports competition ever. So realistically, you would think that in this world the main characters would probably be wanting to pick Sobble because it has an advantage over Leon's Charizard. Hop especially since his desire is to be beat his older bro (of course, his choice is sadly dictated by ours :p). At the same time, I could also see him wanting Scorbunny to have a fire-type as his partner, like Leon.

Sadly for Hop, I'm 99% going with Scorbunny, so he's gonna have Grookey against his bro XD (unless that theory about him getting both extra starters ends up being true)
Honestly I always felt Hop would have Scorbunny cayuse they're personalities kinda match, plus since he aspires to be like his brother, he'd of course would go for a fire type, but I also felt Sobble would also be a good match, since he reminds me of Hau, I imagine him being the extro to Sobble's intro, which complement each and that would help Sobble grow into a badass

Honestly I always felt Hop would have Scorbunny cayuse they're personalities kinda match, plus since he aspires to be like his brother, he'd of course would go for a fire type, but I also felt Sobble would also be a good match, since he reminds me of Hau, I imagine him being the extro to Sobble's intro, which complement each and that would help Sobble grow into a badass

Yeah, I feel like Scorbunny and Sobble are most fitting for him considering the story with Leon.

So realistically, you would think that in this world the main characters would probably be wanting to pick Sobble because it has an advantage over Leon's Charizard.

Eh, the main characters has five other team-slots available, each of which they could fill with Pokemon to counter Charizard, so I don't think type advantage would be so much of a factor that the main characters would want Sobble over the other two.

Last edited:
Eh, the main characters has five other team-slots available, each of which they could fill with Pokemon to counter Charizard, so I don't think type advantage would be so much of a factor that the main characters would want Sobble over the other two.

Yes, that's true. I personally was thinking along the lines of how in Pokemon Origins Blue chooses his starter based simply on what Red picked. Basically making a choice with only one other trainer in mind, only the Champion in this case.

Hop. Scorbunny. Based on names alone, they belong together. Right now I plan to choose Sobble, so it seems likely it’ll happen in my game. Haha

With Oomori saying (more or less) the final forms fit very well into Galar, I think it’s even more likely that they’re inspired by famous things from British culture. Namely... James Bond, the Beatles, and football, I’m guessing. I’m very excited to see what my chameleon spy looks like!

Hop. Scorbunny. Based on names alone, they belong together. Right now I plan to choose Sobble, so it seems likely it’ll happen in my game. Haha

With Oomori saying (more or less) the final forms fit very well into Galar, I think it’s even more likely that they’re inspired by famous things from British culture. Namely... James Bond, the Beatles, and football, I’m guessing. I’m very excited to see what my chameleon spy looks like!
I can't see Grookey turning into Ringo, though.

I can't see Grookey turning into Ringo, though.
Oh I sincerely hope none of them are so distinctly humanoid that they have facial features or clothing taken from any one particular person. I hope the inspiration is much more creative.

Oh I sincerely hope none of them are so distinctly humanoid that they have facial features or clothing taken from any one particular person. I hope the inspiration is much more creative.
That's my hope expecially for Scorbunny, given the 'unexpected' teasing in the interview.

But after having in gen 7 the perfect opportunity, once more, for a quadruped fire starts, I'll remain skeptical. (Not that Scorbunny had to be quadruped, but just by design alone it looks more fit to have a humanoid evo then Litten.)

That's my hope expecially for Scorbunny, given the 'unexpected' teasing in the interview.

But after having in gen 7 the perfect opportunity, once more, for a quadruped fire starts, I'll remain skeptical. (Not that Scorbunny had to be quadruped, but just by design alone it looks more fit to have a humanoid evo then Litten.)
I'm never gonna forgive them for turning litten into tony the tiger

I'm never gonna forgive them for turning litten into tony the tiger
I don't even mind Incineroar much, in itself, but the problem is that he's the last evo of a line that appeared to be quite great, and diverse then the usual fire starters.
I guess Solgaleo's presence might've influenced the decison.

I don't even mind Incineroar much, in itself, but the problem is that he's the last evo of a line that appeared to be quite great, and diverse then the usual fire starters.
I guess Solgaleo's presence might've influenced the decison.
I don't know, for me it was Incineroar that saved that line for me, considering I wasn't really impressed with Litten and much less with Torracat.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom