• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
I think we’re seeing the middle evolutions for sure, but I’ve got a hunch that they’ll keep the final evolutions a secret till release, with a post release trailer like with Naganadel and Ultra Necrozma.

I think we’re seeing the middle evolutions for sure, but I’ve got a hunch that they’ll keep the final evolutions a secret till release, with a post release trailer like with Naganadel and Ultra Necrozma.
I mean Finals were a given for post release, I just want the second stages

They might now show themselves the evo, but info on the first 90 minutes of the game are supposed to come out tomorrow/coming days, and it seems they’d have evolved the starters in the hands on.

Unless GF places a longer NDA on the evo, we should have info soon.

Imaging expecting their evolutions today and getting jebaited.

That'd be a huge shame, wouldn't it.

I'm personally not expecting any info on the starter evos before the game comes out. I think if they were going to release them before launch, they would have done it sooner, but maybe that's just me.

maybe they wait because the second stages alredy are having secondary typings or show too much of it?
How many starters we had that would have second stages alredy with secondary types? or to put up the vibe the 1 stages bring in.

Also, I think Sconunny being Fire/Normal has finally been dashed. I say this cause if Hop has a Wooloo for his team, I doubt he'd also have a Normal starter as well. I don't think any rival has had same type pokemon in their team. So by that logic Scorbunny won't be Normal.

Also, I think Sconunny being Fire/Normal has finally been dashed. I say this cause if Hop has a Wooloo for his team, I doubt he'd also have a Normal starter as well. I don't think any rival has had same type pokemon in their team. So by that logic Scorbunny won't be Normal.
It also dashes the theory that Hop gets both unpicked starters.

So you fist bump Scorbunny, high-five Grookey, and...touch hands with Sobble. It's nice to see these different expressions of their personality in the very first meeting.

View: https://twitter.com/chargerupgaming/status/1184854947646578689

Also, it's interesting that Hop chooses his starter right after seeing you pick yours. When Hau had the weaker starter to you, he'd gotten his before you'd gotten yours. Here, Hop sees you choose your Pokemon, then directly picks the one with a disadvantage. I wonder if there'll be a reason as for why he does that (unless maybe he just doesn't care :p)

Last edited:
Also kills the paracect leak who stated that Hop gets Crovanite's pre-evo.
He probably does, he has a 3rd pokemon in his second battle
So you fist bump Scorbunny, high-five Grookey, and...touch hands with Sobble. It's nice to see these different expressions of their personality in the very first meeting.

Also, it's interesting that Hop chooses his starter right after seeing you pick yours. When Hau had the weaker starter to you, he'd gotten his before you'd gotten yours. Here, Hop sees you choose your Pokemon, then directly picks the one with a disadvantage. I wonder if there'll be a reason as for why he does that (unless maybe he just doesn't care :p)

I fairly sure he only picked the one he wanted. No particular reason

So you fist bump Scorbunny's, high-five Grookey, and...touch hands with Sobble. It's nice to see these different expressions of their personality in the very first meeting.

Probably but it said he was his secret second Pokemon.
Secret second?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom