• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
why do you give them old abilities if they could get better ones?
also I dont think they would make grass/ground a second time with Gorilla, that would be a waste of potential for it. Grass alredy withstands electricity... it would need fire or other coverage.
also the ice weakness was alredy wioth torterra enough...
a special attack with high special defense grass/ground with sound moves? would it make sense?
grass/rock or grass/steel would be better.

why do you give them old abilities if they could get better ones?
also I dont think they would make grass/ground a second time with Gorilla, that would be a waste of potential for it. Grass alredy withstands electricity... it would need fire or other coverage.
also the ice weakness was alredy wioth torterra enough...
a special attack with high special defense grass/ground with sound moves? would it make sense?
grass/rock or grass/steel would be better.
It actually would make a bit of sense, if sounds Grookey makes can potentially cause the earth to shake with just sheer noise.

then grass/rock type agreed.

Levitate means hovering, not actually flying.

fullfills the same role of avoiding ground and land based entry hazards,

a fire/ghost Gigantamax Charizard with Levitate if You would be able to cast it in that form directly
would take less damage from Stealth Rocks.
also would be very good against Ryquaza, Primal Groudon and other threats... no worries of rock moves and ground moves... but still would fear dark and ghost moves...

also a Charizard learns Shadow Claw... give it a special ghost type move and we have a deal...
pesky normal and fighting moves go fishing...

Last edited:
People are already complaining that Incineroar is just a hot, steaming pile of furryshit, so gamefreak doing more like it would just make things worse
Incineroar happens to be quite popular in Japan, and is the Smash representative. So saying that the popular opinion about it is “a hot and steaming pile of furryshit” is quite misleading.

If Sobble does end up with a trench coat like design, I could see the collar being a small lizard hood. Though it is probably too detective-ish possibly having his tail hold a bubble to resemble a magnifying glass. Maybe have the top of its head resemble a spy hat. I am hoping for him to look closer to an Iguana or Water Monitor though..

11309402-3x2-340x227.jpg
91-913492_chameleon-common-chameleon.png

Yeah Japan doesn't seem to mind the humanoid designs than the west does. Maybe it's a cultural preference thing
2 stages were on all 4 feet. Only bad that wrestler need a good ability to protect against fighting types.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it =D
Yeah, and i noticed the speed thing, that's why the slowest of my trio (Bassimian) has two points over the fastest alolan starter (Decidueye)

Yeah I noticed it was slightly over Decidueyes. I'm still salty about it having such a low speed stat :(

Ahhh I'm dying to see all the starters second stages at least at this point..

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom