• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
The final evolution of Scorbunny looks great, it's the best Fire starter final evo ever. As for the other two, I'm sure they'll appeal to others.

Since, for some reason, I didn't find these posted here, I'll go ahead and post them.
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Origin
Rillaboom is likely to be based on the silverback gorilla. It's grassy fur around the fists may be based on the fact that some species of sloth have moss growing in their fur. It is also be based on a drummer.
Name origin
Rillaboom is a combination of gorilla and boom.

Art by @Cresselia92
Origin
Cinderace is likely based on an albino rabbit, along with a track field runner or street fighter.
Name origin
Cinderace is a combination of cinder and race. It may also incorporate the word ace.

Origin
Intelleon may be a based on a chameleon. Its spindly body and huge crest may be based on the basilisk lizard, and it's cape may be based on the flying dragon lizard. It also takes inspiration from spies, and may be based on superheroes.
Name origin
Intelleon is a combination of intelligent and chameleon.

Last edited:
This wasn’t a datamine; datamines are when someone gets the game and hacks into its files so they see all of the data. These are just leaked guidebook pictures and, tbh, it’s seeming pretty likely that they’re real.
Some yes but some could be faked.
Maybe typings could be false? We need in game trailers. Gorilla looks grass/dark or grass/steel drummer, lizard water/ghost or water/poison ,cinder would suggest steel or electric typing. Mono dont make sense too much gen 2... The designs are cool, but why wrong names with wrong pokemon? Also grookeys secondary has game images that dont match its other pics

Last edited:
My opinion after the allegedly final evolutions remained the same: Scorbunny->Grookey->Sobble; although Grookey gained some grounds, and given the possible others Fire Pokèmon shown, if it wasn't mono Grass I migh've seriously considered a switch.

Some yes but some could be faked.
Maybe typings could be false? We need in game trailers. Gorilla looks grass/dark or grass/steel drummer, lizard water/ghost or water/poison ,cinder would suggest steel or electric typing. Mono dont make sense too much gen 2...
It’s pretty likely that the types are real at this point. If you want to believe otherwise you’re more than welcome but I think you’re going to be disappointed.

It’s pretty likely that the types are real at this point. If you want to believe otherwise you’re more than welcome but I think you’re going to be disappointed.
Why their names not match the pokemon? Why sprites in game not match the ones from book? Grookey?

Their Backgrounds change weird. On serebii net they alredy think they are fake. Some maybe true but not all.

I'm at the moment just curious to see what explanation they'll give to the gorilla's stick and drum, namely the fact that the stick in rounded and would need work (perhaps Darwin is involved). :sneaky:
Sobbl'e evolution seems out of Starfox.

I'm at the moment just curious to see what explanation they'll give to the gorilla's stick and drum, namely the fact that the stick in rounded and would need work (perhaps Darwin is involved). :sneaky:
Sobbl'e evolution seems out of Starfox.
Intelleon: "I am the GREAT LEON!"

Grookey, I’m so sorry but I think I might end up joining Team Scorbunny. It’s not you, it’s me! You are fantastic, your evolutions are awesome, but I think I like Cinderace the best out of the starter evolutions. I’m sorry :cry:

Grookey, I’m so sorry but I think I might end up joining Team Scorbunny. It’s not you, it’s me! You are fantastic, your evolutions are awesome, but I think I like Cinderace the best out of the starter evolutions. I’m sorry :cry:
Lol I'm the opposite-Scorbunny's evolutions switched me over to Grookey. So I guess balance is restored.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom