• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starters of choice (Please read first post)

Re: Starters of choice

These are my favorites for each type:
GRASS: Torterra (Though Venusaur could possibly go here too.)
FIRE: Typhlosion all the way
WATER: Swampert

Fire - Charizard (I guess....)
Water - Feraligatr
Grass - Serperior

Grass: Sceptile or Venusaur, too close to tell.
Water: Swampert
Fire: Charizard, Typhlosion or Infernape, again too close to tell.

Grass: Venusaur
Fire: Blaziken
Water: Empoleon

Hmmm. I'd say:

Grass: Sceptile

Water: Swampert

I guess I just like the Hoenn starters best. However Empoleon was a close second behind Swampert.

Water: Empoleon (Samurott is first, due to the TC's rule)
Grass: Serperior

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Here's my opinion on this:-

GrassTreecko » Grovyle » Sceptile
FireCyndaquil » Quilava » Typhlosion
WaterSquirtle » Wartortle » Blastoise

Hmm... I know what my choice for Water is going to be right off the bat. >:D

FIRE: Blaziken
WATER: Feraligatr
GRASS: Sceptile

Feraligatr because it was my first starter ever (and also because years since then, I find it ironic that a kid growing up in Florida would choose that), Sceptile and Blaziken because they're fast, yet strong at the same time, like ninjas (I like Pokemon that are reminiscent of ninjas). And Sceptile has status attacks as an additional plus.

Charizard

Venusaur

Blastoise

Whoops, guess I just like the Kanto starters best… Oh well!!

Fire: Combusken
Water: Empolean

There you have it... and yes Combusken is significantly cooler than Blaziken.

Fire: Typhlosion (Weak movepool, yes, but Thunderpunch on a Fire-type was a big deal for me)
Water: Blastoise (Total badass, even if its Red/Blue made it look too chubby)
Grass: Serperior (Even without Contrary, I still love it. Speedy tanks are highly unusual)

Blaziken because they're fast, yet strong at the same time, like ninjas (I like Pokemon that are reminiscent of ninjas).

I'm surprised you didn't pick Infernape then. He is also fast and strong, even more so than the two you listed, I believe. xP

Anyway.

Fire: Infernape
Water: Blastoise (Honestly, I'd rather choose Samurott or Empoleon, but the OP said they can't be from the same generation, and Samurott is from the same gen as Serperior while Empoleon is from the same gen as Infernape, so...)

Infernape is my absolute favorite starter of all, followed by Serperior, Samurott, and Meganium. Blastoise is okay, but I don't like Swampert or Feraligatr as much, so yeah.

Fire: Charmandar - Charmileon-Charizard
Water: Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert
Grass: Chikorita- Bayleaf- Meganium

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom