• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

sticky DOT comic

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
As you all know, VIZ released an app for the iPad. It's a nice way to get official manga, and it's cheap, too.

Since I don't have an iPad and never will, I don't really care for it. Either way, it looks interesting.

@Dogasu; brings up a good point.

This is great for a number of reasons. One, Viz has finally been able to bring Pokémon manga into the digital world, which is great since traditional print media is pretty much a sinking ship at this point. Two, having an app to upload their Pokémon manga onto opens up a world of possibilities for the company. They could re-release older series like The Electric Tale of Pikachu and Magical Pokémon Journey, they could use it to debut some of the more niche manga series that they may have passed on before because of printing costs, they could release those series that are only a few chapters long that never got graphic novel releases in Japan, they could work something out to get manga chapters of Special released the same week as Japan the way they do with some of their Shonen Jump titles...if you're a fan of the Pokémon manga, you have a lot of reasons to be excited about this.

Although knowing our luck, I doubt it'll happen.

Hopefully there's a iPhone version coming at some point. Being tied to a bunch of books is basically what's kept me out of following the manga.

I noticed that all 10 of the top in-app purchases are Pokemon-related, by the way.

Never read the Pokemon Adventures series before, so this app came at a good time.

I grabbed the first one, two D/P/PT, and two B/W. I'm liking the Sinnoh one the most so far.

Yoshi1001 said:
I noticed that all 10 of the top in-app purchases are Pokemon-related, by the way.

That's not so surprising...almost half the manga "series" on the app are Pokemon series.

Wait, a second, but do they have Ginji's Rescue Team on there?

I'm asking this because the most recent manga (which is about a year ago, mind you) I got keep advertising it, although it's probably not in print anymore.

I wonder if the movie manga will be added later.

I'm asking this because the most recent manga (which is about a year ago, mind you) I got keep advertising it, although it's probably not in print anymore.

They don't have that.

Ginji's Rescue Team is still in print: VIZ.com

This does sound pretty cool, even though I still prefer buying physical volumes over digital ones and I have all the ones that are available already. Still, I really like the idea of Viz using this app to release some of their older Pokemon manga titles. I doubt that they'll go that route, but it would be a good way of re-releasing them and it would probably be less expensive than re-releasing the physical volumes.

I was thinkning of making a thread about this, good thing I kinda checked first. It's nice that VIZ released an app that has Pokemon Adventures, but it stinks that its for the iPad. I do hope that they release a Kindle version in the future, since I'd rather buy myself a Kindle and read on it over an iPad.

lol like every Pokemon manga i buy from VIZ Media is still advertising Ginji's Rescue Team. i read somewhere that it didn't sell well so i think they want to unload their unsold copies haha

This does sound pretty cool, even though I still prefer buying physical volumes over digital ones and I have all the ones that are available already. Still, I really like the idea of Viz using this app to release some of their older Pokemon manga titles. I doubt that they'll go that route, but it would be a good way of re-releasing them and it would probably be less expensive than re-releasing the physical volumes.
pretty much sums up how i feel: i'll still be buying the regular volumes, but i think it's a great way for new fans to discover the series, existing fans to enjoy it on their iPad, and i might actually be interested in it one day if they use it to re-release older series or license new translations (Pleeeease bring me Pocket Monsters Chamo-Chamo Pretty ;____;) i don't even have an iPad though so whatever lol (android version in the future?!?)

No surprise there :D

I don't know who else said it, but I was gonna ask about this app too. I love the Viz app, looking into more manga without devoting my shelf space. I only have an iPhone (I say that like its a bad thing :D tee hee hee hee) so I can't get Perfect Square (the new name for Sticky Dot) but if I ever get an iPad, that'll be one of my first two apps to get (the other: Cinefex. I love old time visual effects :) ).

I will only have an iPad and don't like iPhone. And if there is a problem in it i will go for an alternative.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom