• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stone Evolution in the anime

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I am currently planning out a Pokemon story and had a thought concerning Stone Evolution. Then I remembered watching the episode "the battling Eevee brothers" and had a thought, why did Ash and co treat Stone Evolution they way they did? How are you forcing a Pokemon to evolve? If the Pokemon WANTS to evolve, then it's not force. If the Pokemon were like, "no I don't want to" and the trainer does it anyway, then yeah it's force. I don't really see their logic.

I think the Eevee bros were trying to force their Pokemon to evolve there and then, to be fair though the only Pokemon belonging to Ash or his friends to have evolved through Stones are Lombre (which wanted to evolve there and then) and Goh's Exeggcute which Goh just made it evolve.

I feel that they prefer their Pokemon to evolve when they're ready

I think the Eevee bros were trying to force their Pokemon to evolve there and then, to be fair though the only Pokemon belonging to Ash or his friends to have evolved through Stones are Lombre (which wanted to evolve there and then) and Goh's Exeggcute which Goh just made it evolve.

I feel that they prefer their Pokemon to evolve when they're ready
But I recall there being a Poliwhirl that evolved. It litterally just stood there and let the person evolve it. I think it wanted to evolve.

Because if Mikey evolved his Eevee into either one of Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon, he would have to copy one of his brothers' hair style to fit Eevee's evolution and everyone knew either option was worse than the other one.
Mikey probably also didn't want to upset the other two brothers.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom