• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stongest Non-Legendary Dark Type

Roulette

The People's Champion
Reaction score
Also, exclude Tyranitar too, since it's significantly stronger than most.
Anyway, what is the stongest one? I have to go with Umbreon, it has fantastic eeveelution stat values, and can defend really well. Plus it looks cool.
What do you guys think? I'm guessing a lot of people will choose Absol lol.

Exclude Tyranitar? Wtf?

"It's stronger than most." Okay, i'll put my rant in breif.

THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO WORK OUT THE STRONGEST NON-LEGENDARY DARK TYPE, TYRANITAR IS NOT A LEGENDARY! IT'S OU, SO WHAT, LOT'S OF POKEMON ARE IN OU, WEAVILE IS AMAZING, BUT YOU DON'T COUNT THAT DO YOU? WEAVILE IS ARGUABLY THE BEST REVENGE KILLER IN THE GAME.

And for that fact, I pick Tyranitar.

Edit: No need to use capitals though Atmey...It's only Roulettes opinion
---------------
It depends on who they are dealing with?

Umbreon can learn Psychic and hit the Fighting and mainly Poison harder.
Weavile can sedn garchomp packing (The only thing that probably can...)
Tyranitar *as agree'ing with Atmey*; has the stat's but would be the one to fall to the Chomps (Where Weavile would prevail mostly)

So does that make Weavile better?
---------------
I'd say Umbreon. It's defensive, it's got Curse, it's got Syncronize to abuse the Thunder-wave's and especially Toxic if you face Vaporeon/ Non poisons.
Psychic *move* retaliates the Fighting, Poison.

It's able to boost all but speed. Treat with caution (Haze is the solution to beating it imo. Haze is underestimated)
---------------
Actually; I'll leave my post above as my main choice, but I'll split it up furthur.

Attack: Absol/Weavile/Tyranitar
Defense: Umbreon
Special Attack: Spiritomb *probably*
Special Defense: Umbreon
Speed: Weavile

Conclusion for me: Umbreon/Weavile *2/2* and then the winner of those two will have the higher base hp. (This is just my way of working it out. It's not fact! - Pureply Opinion)

Hp: Umbreon *95* and Weavile *70* (Does that mean Weavile will now forever lose to Umbreon? D= Ohnoes! *gasp* Oh wait... *brick break*)

Umbreon: 3 - Weavile: 2

No Tyranitar is ridiculous. It's not a legendary and has enough weaknesses to not be broken. As such, I'm going to ignore that part of the OP and say: Tyranitar.

Houndoom I think is second (Wevile is overrated and Umbreon is mostly dead weight in OU) because of it's good Speed and excellent Sp. Atk with usable Atk. I firmly believe that Stealth Rock is the only reason it's not OU.

Special mentions go to Spiritomb and Absol

Isn't Tyranitar a pseudo-legendary? meh.

I say Houndoom. It's pretty easy to fight with.
Besides, it can learn stuff like Thunder Fang.

Tyranitar is obviously the strongest, which is why I didnt include it. I wanted it to be a close race, and if TTar had been in this, everyone wouldve picked him.

And for that fact, I pick Tyranitar.

If you can't respect the thread's SINGLE REQUEST don't post here. Seriously.

Tyranitar isn't on the list, because of what happened in the strongest steel type thread. Everyone chose Metagross, making it incredibly one sided. I wanted this to be more fun, so I took away the one that's clearly more powerful than the rest.

Defensively, Umbreon wins on this one, since it's the only one who can actually wall things, and Dark Pokemon are usually not the walling type. There's also Spiritomb, who loves to be "dark", as now he is without a weakness (plus great defences), but unlike Umbreon, he can sneak up on his/her opponents and actually hurt them!

Offensively, Absol, Weavile, Houndoom comes to mind. Absol is a great ambusher (strongest Sucker Punch in the game), Weavile is strong overall, and Houndoom is specially powerful with fire attacks.

Tyrannitar...well he's obviously strong but thanks to his pseudo-legendary status I count him out.

Drapion ftw!
it has only 1 weekness
can aquatail it away
can set up TSpikes
gains extra from crit hits
ok in OU but rocks UU

Isn't Tyranitar a pseudo-legendary? meh.

I say Houndoom. It's pretty easy to fight with.
Besides, it can learn stuff like Thunder Fang.

Pseudo-legendary isn't legendary, it's just a title that basically says "Watch out for this mofo, he's tough"

I like Umbreon he's a dark type that still looks like it can do super awesome in battle and can be held in your arms on field :D

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom