• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Storms! Your thoughts on them

Caite-chan

Ms. Canadian Destroyer
Reaction score
Well with the recent bout of storms happening in the Southern US and how bad it's been it's brought me to this.

Do you fear storms? Are you like a kid in a candy store when it comes to storms?

I myself have a big fear of storms. I've never liked them even as a kid. I think the most part is hearing the wind howl and I just hate hearing that. The other I think would be the thunder as well. Though the funny part of it is I love weather and I could watch the weather channel for hours on end. (Yes I have no life what can I say...lol.) I tend to get real nervous when storms come and I'm the type that when I know it's suppose to be bad I have the TV on, my phone next to me, on my laptop and have one of my maps next to me. (Yes I'm weird.)

So what about you?

Luckily where I live we don't get serious weather, even compared to other parts of England. I love storms, especially snowstorms. I think they're really satisfying to watch when you're in the comfort of your home. If we had very dangerous conditions, I'm sure I definitely wouldn't love them but the level we get them at, they are fairly tame and rarely cause any real aftermath. The worst we've been affected has been the wind blowing down our garden fence. I remember one storm when I was very young. We was torrential rain and the water level was so high it started leaking into the house. The drains were blocked at the time so it just kept rising and everyone in the street was trying to get rid of some of the water using buckets etc. I remember my mum being very stressed out but since I was only about 5, it was just a bit of fun for me :B

I love watching the lightning and don't fear the thunder. Maybe not coincidentally, I use plasma lights more than other kinds and have more static than the average person. I do, however, worry for the people living under the city, the camps down in the drainage tunnels.

Like CrackFox, I'm in England so we rarely get anything serious where I am. That said, I am a little bit of a wimp - just howling winds, very heavy rain and thunder can make me a little nervous as I don't like sudden loud noises and tend to worry about the roof leaking when it rains a lot. I enjoy the sound of rain on my window, but when it really lashes down with the full lightning and thunder, it just makes me jumpy and uneasy.

There is denifitely a huge difference in my life pre-hurricane and post-hurricane. Charley, to be exact. Category 4, plowed through Florida in 2004. It was not fun.

I dont usually mind them, I find them calming.This is in reference to normal thunderstorms. There's never been a tornado here for as long as Ive lived here but Im pretty scared of those. Also Hurricanes can stay away because they are just a huge pain and on the rare occasion a hurricane goes up the east coast its just a major headache with power loss and things like that and the area isnt really prepared because it doesnt happen very often.

If it's just a regular thunder storm I won't care. Obviously don't like anything more serious like a tornado or hurricane though.

We are getting one right now and they just make me anxious.

There is a lot of heavy rain where I am right now and its gonna last for days. I don't really like them since I can't go out on my bike and exercise when they happen. Plus I depend on the sunlight to wake me up which doesn't happen when it storms causing me to sleep for longer than I should.

I love storms! I especially like the lightning when you can see it as this veiny bolt of electricity. On the other hand, I always unplug everything save for the fridgerator during really bad storms. I also love the rain, it's very relaxing to listen to, and the clouds make everything dark and relaxing.

Las Vegas is in a valley, so due to the geography, we don't get hurricanes. There are, however, dust/sandstorms from time to time, that provide a cool view. More than storms, though geology class has shown me that a fault passes right under the building behind the one I live in, the Las Vegas Valley is like a bowl full of loose, sandy and sandstone ground, and there has been no effort at studying the network of faults under the metro area. Rather, they just find faults by chance as they build on top of them and don't really know much about how often they cause earthquakes or how big the earthquakes tend to be. I guess it helps from a flash flood point of view that the first story of the apartment building I live in is a garage, but it wouldn't really help in an earthquake.

For thunderstorms, I don't really like hearing them. Especially if it's too loud.

For storms, some people actually wait for it. Sometimes it means no work/classes.

Worst storm would be Haiyan/Yolanda. Flood entered the house; luckily didn't enter the bedroom. Considering our house is quite raised.

Although I really like June rain. It's very nostalgic. Cool atmosphere, classes.

Otherwise, we would enjoy rain this summer.

I love winter storms, but I can do without anything called a 'storm' that occurs above freezing. They're scary and dangerous. I do not like the looming threat of tornadoes and taking cover.

I like storms. Hearing the winds howl and the rain banging on the shutters, the thunder roaring and the lightning flashing... It just gives me a soothing feel. Of course, the only thing I like about the aftermath is the smell of wet soil, and there's not much soil around here to get a whiff of that :sweatlol: I've never experienced a super serious storm with severe consequences, as even strong winds are pretty rare here. I don't think I'd find them as nice though if they cut my power and flooded the roads.

I don't mind storm, rain or downpours.. I usually find them relaxing, just staring at the drops fall from a window. What I don't like are thunders, it's not that I fear them.. But I hate loud noises.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom