• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

StormyStinger's assorted projects blog.

Which of my projects interest you the most?

• Game Design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drawing

• I don't have a preference

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello, this is a blog for me to write about my progress and thoughts on various creative projects I plan to work on.
My current projects at the moment:
  • A YouTube channel where I'll discuss Video Games (and sometimes other topics).
  • Game design. (This one is quite likely to be abandoned if I can't get my head around it.)
  • Drawing in various media. (Although I will probably only post my actual drawings in a separate art blog you can find here.)
  • Creative writing.

Feel free to comment on this blog if you have any advice, suggestions or other thoughts you'd like me to hear; just try not to hijack the thread.
With that being said, I hope you enjoy the blog!

Last edited:
Thanks for the "Hi"s you two, it means a lot to know that someone has least a passing interest in whatever it is I want to do.

I thought I won't keep people waiting too long (and I don't want this blog to be left empty), so here's my first updates, organised by each project:

YouTube videos:
While I have some unfinished progress on several videos (and one technically completed video), I have decided that I will focus my efforts into a video discussing my thoughts on Undertale Yellow's endings! (Don't worry, I will NOT be writing any spoilers within these updates, and if I ever do I will put them in a spoiler tag.)

I THINK I have most of my opinions finalised, but it's quite annoying knowing that I can possibly go on for hours when I need to keep to my thoughts somewhat concise; and that I that I could have another thing I want to add to the video after I finish it. I guess worst case scenario I could create a follow-up video.
Here's what my progress looks like:
  1. Write outline and/or script. (Mostly done, the rest I am yet to work on.)
  2. Record voiceover.
  3. Edit video. (Visuals/background music.)
  4. Upload with a thumbnail, title and description.
In case anyone is wondering, I am yet to actually set up my YT account, but when I do I'll link it in this thread and it'll have the same name I have here.

Creative Writing:
I haven't actually wrote anything for a good long while, probably since something like 2016 or so, but I'm really itching to get back into things!
While I have a few other ideas I'd like write about, I think I've chosen to write a fight between a Weavile and a Sneasler!
Inspired by a certain meme image of the two, I think this story would be pretty simple to write about. It features two characters I really like and said characters don't have too much fixed personalities I need to stick to; giving me some creative freedom on how I choose for them to act.
Here is the structure I'm going to bas it around:
  1. The two meet and get into an argument, promising to settle things in a fight to the death.
  2. Each go their separate ways to prepare in their own ways. (Weavile trains with its pack while Sneasler climbs up a mountain to ease their mind.)
  3. They fight.
  4. Some sort of conclusion is achieved.
Should be pretty simple, just need to figure out the specifics (What is Weavile's pack like, what moves will the fighters have, etc.) and it should be smooth sailing!

Conclusion:
I'm not sure how often these update will come out, definitely not daily and I don't really want to gaps between releases to be more than a week, I guess their won't be too much of a schedule and that I'll do updates when I have stuff to talk about.

I almost want to add some sort of special thing to close out these blogposts, maybe something like a question to ask the reader at the end of them? If anyone has any ideas in the same vein, I'd like to here it!

I think that'll be it from me for now, thanks for reading! :ayeaye:

So, now for an update!

YouTube videos:
I've been having some anxiety working on the video, from feeling intimidated by the scope and being unsure if I even want to create videos in the first place. I'm also not entirely sure what I want the scope of the project to be in the first place; do I explain the endings entirely or just talk about the small parts I actually want to, should I even talk about all four endings and whether should I include small tangents, such as going into far too much detail on whether or not Martlet can fly without using her wings or not.
It really makes it hard to work on the video.

On a more positive note, I created a video back in 2021 which I rewatched last week and while it's not perfect, I think with some extra touches I can easily edit in, it might be worthy to post! So look forward to that! :ayeaye:

Game design:
I actually have some slight experience in several programming languages (Name Scratch, Python, Unreal Engine 4 and a very slight tough of Godot.) though unfortunately not nearly enough to even consider making anything worthwhile just yet.

I also haven't touched a programming language in years, so in order to get back to grips with it, I'm going to try to learn a bit of Renpy!
If you don't know, Renpy is mostly for creating visual novels. (It's the program used to create Doki Doki Literature Club of all things.) Since I'd imagine VNs are comparably simple to make, it shouldn't be too hard to wrap my head around; and if anything worthwhile comes from it, I post the results here!

Although if I can't figure it out, I guess I'll just throw in the towel for being a programmer, though at least I could at least try be a sprite artist instead!

Conclusion:
A little touch of negativity this time, but I'm sure I'll get through things!
I have also decided on what I'm adding to the end of these posts: Questions for the Audience!
That's right! I'm going to be asking YOU questions! These can be about my projects, the blog itself or something unrelated! Though don't worry, participation is by no means mandatory, I'm fine with people just lurking if they would prefer! ;)

So this weeks question: How's the blog so far?
This is my second post, so by now you should have some idea as to how these look. Is the way I separate the different projects appealing? Are my thoughts stated clearly enough? Let me know your thoughts!

That'll be it from me for now, thanks for reading! :ayeaye:

I have a quick update because I tried something out today!

Drawing:
Good News: I found out that the art app I use on my tablet (Ibis Paint.) can be used to create animations! I'm not sure it's the most professional feeling software out there, but at least I don't need to change software!
Bad News: It can seemingly only export the animations in .MP4 files, that this website doesn't support. :shroomad: (I know I can somehow change a .MP4 into a .GIF if I need to, but that's an annoying step to do if I just want to make a three frame loop of a character head-bopping.)

But hey, I really want to make a short AMV of some kind, so it's nice how now it looks like I have the tools to do that. (Now I just need to skill! :swirlix:)

Conclusion:
Short one for today, but I really wanted to share this as soon as I could!
I am making a little bit of progress mentally with the UTY video, but I want to wait a little bit longer before I reveal anything more about it.

So that'll be it for now, Tanks for reading! :ayeaye:

Hiya! I'm back!

YouTube videos:
The progress on the UTY video is going great! I've started writing the actual script!
I should also announce that the scope of the video has been changed: It will now only be about my thoughts on the pacifist endings!
The pacifist endings are the ones I have most to say, so why not just focus on them? I could always just make another video if I want to talk about another aspect on the game (Such as the Genocide route.)

On another note: I've done the finishing touches on that other video I mentioned the other post! So once I make a thumbnail and description, as well as actually set up my channel, I'll be sure to post it!

Drawing:
Not a lot to say here, I haven't actually drew anything for the past week or so, but I do have a teaser for something I'm working on! It's nothing big, just a small pixel art of a character.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 132558.png

Can you tell who it is? :chansey:

Creative writing:

Again, not a lot to say. But I do want to say I've wrote a lot of the planning document for the story, so it shouldn't be too long until I actually get to writing the story itself. Though I'm not sure if I'll wait until it's fully written before I post it here.

Conclusion:

Thinks are looking a little bit brighter than my last (full) post, even if I don't exactly have too much to say.
For this weeks question: Which of my projects interest you the most?
I'm going to try to add a poll to this blog where you can vote, but feel free to share your full thoughts in a comment!

That'll be all for now! Thans for reading! :ayeaye:

Thank you to everybody who was so far voted on the poll! The results are super interesting! :slowpoke:

Drawing:
I've done some practicing on learning how to apply shading to my digital artworks. Here's the results of me shading the Puppet's mask from FNAF:
Puppet Masks.jpg

I'm mostly learning this because I really want to redraw a certain scene from a certain game, and that scene uses quite a bit of shading.
What is the scene in question? Well, you'll just have to find out when I finish the drawing and post it to my art blog! Though the bottom left mask gives a small hint to what it could be...

YouTube videos:
On the subject of that older video, I've pretty much got it ready to upload! (Or at least I think I have... :confused:)
Hollow Knight Nailess Thumbnail.jpg

So now I think I just need to actually create the channel itself, but I think I'll wait until my Undertale Yellow video is closer to being finished before making my channel.

Conclusion:
Let's get straight to the question: What do you think of the thumbnail?
Is it clear enough what the video's about? Is there anything you think I could do to make it look more interesting? Let me know what you think!

So, that'll be all! Thnks for reading! :ayeaye:

What do you think of the thumbnail?
Maybe you should change the lettering so it's a bit thicker and more visible. Perhaps add a border around it so the "In" and the N of "Nail" don't merge into the white light from the bg? It's also not centered well with the Knight's picture. If you weren't using it before, I really recommend Canva for graphic work like thumbnails! It has great snapping and a lot of resources ^^
The thumbnail's one of the most importants parts of a video! It has to draw people in after all. Hope I've helped!

Been a while, hasn't it? :bulbaWave:

Game design:
My first actual bit of progress on this project!
The other week, I created a short test demo in Renpy!
It wasn't anything too special, just a pretty basic visual novel-like were you chat to a character, with minimal actual dialogue branches, but it's a start!
I quite enjoyed working on it! I felt like I understood the software pretty well, but I am a bit nervous for when things get a bit more complex. Though maybe sometime soon I should start working on a slightly bigger visual novel...

Creative writing:
I've begun writing my Sneasler Vs. Weavile fic!
Haven't done much, and I'm sure I'll need to rewrite the first few paragraphs a few times until I'm satisfied, but at least I've gotten past the starting line.

YouTube videos:
So about the thumbnail, I've made a second version! I changed the background to something less dark and changed the text to better reflect what the video is actually about!
HK Nailess Thumbnail.jpg
HK nailess thumbnail2.jpg

What do you think? Any alterations I should make?

On another note; the Undertale Yellow video is being worked on slowly, I'd say I'm around a quarter of the way through the scripting process.

Conclusion:
This time, I'm mostly looking for feedback on the thumbnails, so do let me know what you think!

Until next time! :ayeaye:

hello hi!
first of all, the UTY video sounds interesting, looking forward to it c:
anyway, about the thumbnails - the text in the second version is definitely better, the black outline makes it "pop" more from the background. that said, I'd recommend making the text itself thicker while keeping the outline the same, right now it's a little hard to read at a small scale. (the question mark also slightly overlaps the logo but that's more of a nitpick lol)
actually, I kinda prefer the design of the first thumbnail, it feels less busy. (the text does still need an outline though, otherwise it gets lost in the white part of the background.) and since I assume the title of the video will also say what it's about, the thumbnail probably doesn't need as much information. granted, I don't really know how YT works with regard to titles and thumbnails and stuff, so take this with a grain of salt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, about the thumbnails - the text in the second version is definitely better, the black outline makes it "pop" more from the background. that said, I'd recommend making the text itself thicker while keeping the outline the same, right now it's a little hard to read at a small scale. (the question mark also slightly overlaps the logo but that's more of a nitpick lol)
actually, I kinda prefer the design of the first thumbnail, it feels less busy. (the text does still need an outline though, otherwise it gets lost in the white part of the background.) and since I assume the title of the video will also say what it's about, the thumbnail probably doesn't need as much information. granted, I don't really know how YT works with regard to titles and thumbnails and stuff, so take this with a grain of salt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I was always going to add the outlined text to the first variant if I were to use it.

I decided to Make the second's text more elaborate to try to comminate better what the video is about, but now thinking about it, the first one already does a good enough job of that. And like you say; there's going to be the title there to explain the video.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom