1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

SPOILERS: Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Current Event: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon' started by Soki, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    This too yeah. All her talk about wanting to become more independent and all, and then shows up with a Pokémon from a line her mom owns too, and has probably gotten it from her too :/

I guess it's maybe supposed to show that the relation between her and her mom is now good again, but it just feels wrong.

Not sure what this game is supposed to tell you with this anyway: even if your mom treats you like shit, she's still your mom and you should love her and run happily back to her when she asks it?

Zkat likes this.
  2. Unown Seer

Unown Seer Earnest

Blog Posts:
    They should have just shown her receive Clefairy at a reasonable level and head off to her island challenge. Her last line makes it unclear what the hell she's doing.

3. Nicolas721

Nicolas721 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The story is terrible and is easily the worst part of the game. They had some nice ideas about how an aternate universe would work and how Necrozma would be involved, but due to Lack of resources/Time constraints/Pure laziness they had to force the ideas they had into what was already done, causing lots of plotholes and weird characterization.

What bothered me the most is how they directly replaced things instead of expanding them. Moving the focus from the popular Ultra Beasts to the unpopular Necrozma and giving the game the name of Ultra anyway is an actual thing they did.

The things I enjoyed were the Ultra Warp Ride and the changes in the 3 of Poni's trials, but some fans won't consider them part of the story.

Thankfully, it's Pokemon, so you can just smash the A button and get into a decently designed battle, but it makes me worried about the future of third versions/remakes/sequels.

4. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Do you have a source for this claim?

5. Nicolas721

Nicolas721 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It's just my appreciation.

6. Kyriaki

Kyriaki The Future Hero of Alola

Blog Posts:
    Introducing the Ultra Recon Squad and the Megalopolis, and then underusing them severely was a big waste of potential. I have a feeling that they could have taken out all the new characters and expand Colress's actions instead and the overall arc would have still worked somehow. Heck, it was Colress who created the tools to make the Necrozma fusions after all. What's the point of introducing new characters if an old cameo is going to provide the two most important plot "devices" of the games? I'm glad he got more focus, but the Gen7 characters shouldn't have been made to become less important than a cameo.

Nicolas721 likes this.
  7. Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla The Mega Evolution you love to loathe!

Blog Posts:
    If Lillie's Clefairy is really such a big deal to some people, just turn to her Battle Tree team instead. Ribombee and Comfey definitely don't scream "Lusamine".

8. Unown Seer

Unown Seer Earnest

Blog Posts:
    They scream Mina instead. And the bigger deal is that they come out of nowhere.