• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Story Discussion

1. The main story has the same structure as SM. Lusamine wants to save Pokemon from Necrozma and doesn't seem to like UBs. She is still a bitch to her children up until Necrozma kicks her butt and Guzma's. After that, the player just goes to Ultra Megalopolis and defeats Necrozma (which can only be caught in the post-game).

2. The Team RR plot doesn't really go anywhere. Giovanni drags other villains to basically serve as his bodyguards, but they seem very clueless except for Ghetsis that Colress has to stop even after he loses the battle. At that point all the villains are returned to their universes, except for Giovanni who was always in the USUM world. He just loses without disbanding his team, making it unclear if that's the last we'll see of him.

Overall, I'd call both segments pretty boring. The first one could have definitely been expanded if only the Ultra Megalopolis world had more substance to it.

Some interesting tidbits from the story file... Kanto, GS Ball, badges, Strange Souvenir etc.

Arabella took me under his wing when I was back in Kanto... He's a Trainer at a famous Gym in that region, and I always looked up to him...

Ho ho ho! I'm sorry to just spring this on you, but do you know of the rare GS Ball? - Yes, the GS Ball... It is indeed the greatest smith's ball. That is what we call the GS Ball. - Well...there are also those who might call it the Gold-Silver Ball, but...

You got the Surge Badge from the Gym Leader! - That Surge Badge suits those who've defeated me! It's just a novelty item, but take good care of it, OK?

Hey, y'know that Strange Souvenir? I hear that it's modeled after a guardian deity that lives deep in the desert on Ula'ula Island.

My Miltank is called Whitney! And since you're always nice enough to play with her, I'll tell you why. There was this one Gym Leader who battled with a super-strong Miltank, so I named this one after her.

Eggcellent! Since you're here, let me show you something! Shiny Exeggcute! Golden, shining Exeggcute! All six of them glitter so eggcellently! - I'd love to share one with you, but even though they look like six Exeggcute, they are just one!

1. The main story has the same structure as SM. Lusamine wants to save Pokemon from Necrozma and doesn't seem to like UBs. She is still a bitch to her children up until Necrozma kicks her butt and Guzma's. After that, the player just goes to Ultra Megalopolis and defeats Necrozma (which can only be caught in the post-game).

2. The Team RR plot doesn't really go anywhere. Giovanni drags other villains to basically serve as his bodyguards, but they seem very clueless except for Ghetsis that Colress has to stop even after he loses the battle. At that point all the villains are returned to their universes, except for Giovanni who was always in the USUM world. He just loses without disbanding his team, making it unclear if that's the last we'll see of him.

Overall, I'd call both segments pretty boring. The first one could have definitely been expanded if only the Ultra Megalopolis world had more substance to it.
Wait wat. Why does she dress Lillie as a Nihilego in this game too, then?

She doesn't like any Ultra Beast BUT Nilhego, she is still infected by the toxin and as crazy as in SM, its just Necrozma is the bigger threat and threatens to end the world which will harm Lusamines collection.

From what I understand, Mohn still got lost in the Wormhole and she still became desperate to save him, and her desperation still eventually transferred into an obsession with the UBs, all just as before... the difference is, at some point the Ultra Recon Squad showed up and started working with her and advising her about the UBs, and told her that Necrozma posed a threat to Alola, so she decided that she needed to handle that threat.

i mean that being said i think with USUM in mind we can put the similarities between Nihilego and Lillie's appearance as simply incidental, if not remnants of a bygone storyline during development.

i mean that being said i think with USUM in mind we can put the similarities between Nihilego and Lillie's appearance as simply incidental, if not remnants of a bygone storyline during development.

I don't see any reason to make that conclusion. Lillie's clothing is an important part of her character; particularly in the way that shedding it represents her growth, her newfound sense of agency, and her stepping out from under Lusamine's overbearing shadow. The Nihilego dress is significant it represents her mother's obsession with the Beasts and her subsequent neglect for her children.

I think that's all, frankly, pretty obvious, considering that SM repeatedly mention how Lusamine was particular about dressing her children, and how Lillie's evolution is marked by changing out of the dress that just so happens to look like the creature her mom neglected her for.

I don't know what other weird over-the-top sci-fi explanation people are waiting for. It doesn't have to be that complicated.

Mohn isn't fleshed upon at all, if that isn't clear by now.

Actually, he doesn't have any more story significance than originally, but he does get an interesting scene:

mohnUSM.png
He visits Aether Paradise and doesn't recognize Lusamine or remember ever coming there before. Lusamine doesn't tell him.

If you don't want to read my screenshot just ctrl+f his name in the text dump, it's the sixth occurrence.

Mohn isn't fleshed upon at all, if that isn't clear by now.
https://projectpokemon.org/research/usum/storytext.txt :
So this is Aether Paradise... A fine facility you have here, Madam President![VAR 0114(002F)]
I... ... ...[VAR 0114(0014)]
Is something...the matter?[VAR 0114(002F)]
N-no, nothing... You’re here for...a tour today?[VAR 0114(0014)]
Yes! Please call me Mohn. I operate a series of islands known as Poké Pelago, where we take care of Pokémon. But nothing comes close to the care offered at Aether Paradise, after all![VAR 0114(002F)]
Hey there, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! Your Pokémon enjoy Poké Pelago, don’t they?[VAR 0114(002F)]
Sure do!
Well, uh...
Ha! OK! Sorry about that! I suppose I put you on the spot there.[VAR 0114(002F)]
Oops! I guess I shouldn’t put you on the spot when we’re right in front of the president! I don’t expect you to pick sides or anything![VAR 0114(002F)]
This is fascinating, though... I let the Pokémon mostly do as they please back at Poké Pelago, so I’m not sure how much I can apply of what you do here at Aether Paradise... But it’s a fine facility indeed![VAR 0114(002F)]
Heh heh... Is that so? Well, Aether Paradise is primarily designed for Pokémon conservation efforts, after all.[VAR 0114(0014)]
Though...[VAR 0114(0014)]
Though...?[VAR 0114(002F)]
No matter how hard we might work to heal a Pokémon, in the end, it may simply end up stuck in some PC Box somewhere, depending on the whims of its Trainer. Sometimes I can’t help but think on that...[VAR 0114(0014)]
I see... It’s true that each Trainer does end up deciding what to do with the Pokémon they catch... I suppose I’ll just have to find more islands, so I can expand Poké Pelago and care for even more boxed Pokémon there![VAR 0114(002F)]
When that time comes, I do hope that we might be able to work together, ma’am.[VAR 0114(002F)]
Well, this has been a stimulating visit indeed! Thank you very much for your time, ma’am.[VAR 0114(002F)]
Just...one last question...[VAR 0114(0014)]
Is this... Is this your first time to visit Aether Paradise?[VAR 0114(0014)]
Indeed it is. Why do you ask?[VAR 0114(002F)]
No, no reason... Don’t let me keep you any longer. And thank you for coming.[VAR 0114(0014)]
Until we meet again, then![VAR 0114(002F)]
Are you sure? About leaving things like that?[VAR 0114(0013)]
Yes.[VAR 0114(0014)]
After all, the way he smiles now... It’s quite lovely, don’t you think?[VAR 0114(0014)]

So what’s the story with the new mythical? Do we have a Dex entry or event? It doesn’t look like a UB

So what’s the story with the new mythical? Do we have a Dex entry or event? It doesn’t look like a UB

Yes, it has Pokédex entries:

> It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.

> It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.

> It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.

> It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.
So it's basically a Sonic villain?

Yes, it has Pokédex entries:

I see dex entries are as cheerful as ever.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom