• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Strange/annoying things in the manga

I don't think his parents did it in the forest. I think that his mother actually got lost and she birthed him there. Same for Lance and Yellow.
So it's a Viridian City custom, when a pregnant woman is about to give birth, to shove her in the forest?

So it's a Viridian City custom, when a pregnant woman is about to give birth, to shove her in the forest?
*tries not to laugh* :XD2:

I hope that's not it, but I'd prefer that to their parents having sex in the forest; that's just so wrong... and probably something the Viridian Forest kids want to do with their special someone anyways, without that resulting in other of their chosen kin. I was thinking that, maybe, their mothers were just that dumb; going out for a walk in the forest and then "damn, can't you wait until we reach civilization again?", and then baby! :loopy:

In Japanese, an "-um" suffix (as in "platinum"), while not made with "-amu", is made with "-aa" (a long "a"). Platina's name has a short "a", which always just makes an "a" sound. If they meant to name her Plainum, it would be Purachinaa rather than Purachina. Therefore, her name is Platina rather than Platinum.

The official site also romanizes "Daiyamondo" as "Daiamond".

I translated the page using google translater, it says his name is DIAMOND.

I translated the page using google translater, it says his name is DIAMOND.
I have two things to say:
1. Google Translator is not a reliable tool.
2. A mod came and told us to drop the issue. Drop it, please.

I have two things to say:
1. Google Translator is not a reliable tool.
2. A mod came and told us to drop the issue. Drop it, please.

Righto then. one thing I never got is in pokemon adventures, how DID the E4 get sabrina's, koga's, LT.surge's, and blaine's badges if they were cleary fighting, and it showed no indication of there badges being stolen or anything. Did they steal them from red?

Righto then. one thing I never got is in pokemon adventures, how DID the E4 get sabrina's, koga's, LT.surge's, and blaine's badges if they were cleary fighting, and it showed no indication of there badges being stolen or anything. Did they steal them from red?

Probably, he did have (Copies?) of all of them. :U

They didn't have them. Badges, it seems to me, are not something easily obtained.

Didn't Agatha take the TR badges out of the Badge Amplifier Device after the battle at Silph Co.?

"A Wizard did it"

Also, wasn't the Pokémon going after the good Gym Leaders a mere decoy to get them out of the way?

"A Wizard did it"

Also, wasn't the Pokémon going after the good Gym Leaders a mere decoy to get them out of the way?
Eh... Yeah, I think I remember something like that. Which would mean all the badges were already on that kid's-toy-like thingy. Only missing Giovanni's, but whatever...

Yeah, according to Agatha the armies attacking Kanto were decoys and the attack was called off the moment Giovanni stepped in with the final badge in his possession.

Yeah, according to Agatha the armies attacking Kanto were decoys and the attack was called off the moment Giovanni stepped in with the final badge in his possession.
If we call him an idiot, would he cry?

Anyways, anybody knows what happened to Agatha? Or if she really crushed after Prof.Oak, but was too tsun-tsun to admit it? I also think she was part of the group of friends of Pryce back when he was younger, but I truly don't remember... Think she had something else to return to after the Elite Four failed at its evil plan?

*face palm* God, I feel like such an idiot; I think that's actually it... but I'm still checking.
Actually, if you look in the first page of volume 4, the slots for badges are empty when she first picks it up, and the third volume lists Red's badges as though he still has them, so I think it's safe to say he pulled a WTFMATRIX on us and got the badges back somehow, or they were lost in the ruins, who knows.

But that isn't really the purpose I had in mind when I mini-bumped this thread, really. It's mostly to point out how redudant battle tactics seem to be getting these days: Emerald, in his own arc (which I honestly think is the worst one yet, but that's irrelevant), revitalized his Rapidash to win against Lucy at the brink of losing, and then did the same trick again against Brandon when he revived his Sceptile after his other two Pokemon lost. Then, in volume 35, Platinum goes and does the same exact thing again, ironically with the same damn Pokemon? How uncreative is Kusaka going to get? God, I hate the Emerald arc and everything in it, but this just affirms my hatred for the sleazy main character and the personality-less drones that are the Brains and villain.

The part where Blue, facing Lorilei decides to go around sneaking off as Sabrina fights her or whatever.

Then she destroys the ice dolls, and her arm is destroyed but it turns out to be a ditto meaning there were never connected.

...Fridge Logic...and really...weird. and it doesn't even make sense. They could probably kick the shit out of the icy woman if they teamed up instead of that silly act.

But that isn't really the purpose I had in mind when I mini-bumped this thread, really. It's mostly to point out how redudant battle tactics seem to be getting these days: Emerald, in his own arc (which I honestly think is the worst one yet, but that's irrelevant), revitalized his Rapidash to win against Lucy at the brink of losing, and then did the same trick again against Brandon when he revived his Sceptile after his other two Pokemon lost. Then, in volume 35, Platinum goes and does the same exact thing again, ironically with the same damn Pokemon? How uncreative is Kusaka going to get? God, I hate the Emerald arc and everything in it, but this just affirms my hatred for the sleazy main character and the personality-less drones that are the Brains and villain.

You don't really get clever battles in Special anymore. That stopped after the GSC arc. Now it's just normal battles, Pokedex BS talents, Abilities, and Items. I still say the Yellow arc had the best battles in the entire manga. Emerald arc onwards seem to be a decrease in quality of the whole manga, and I'd lump RS in there too is if it wasn't for the story.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom