• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Strangest Episode Ever?

PS3D

Reaction score
I think one of the weirdest episodes I've ever seen is Go West, Young Meowth.

It was a filler episode, Ash & Co. were hardly in it, the whole episode was narrated by Meowth (which was rather grating), it wasn't even set in Kanto (Hollywood, California?!)

I've attached some thumbnails:

1. Brock's imagination of "hanging out with the starlets"
2. Meowzie's Nightmare Fuel-inducing owner
3. "Cleavon Schpielbunk"
4. P is for pain! Nice touch.

It also featured kanji lettering (when Meowth learns to speak), something normally painted out (in the early episodes, at least)

Claydol, Big and Tall

Lets see.

Giant Claydol.

Souvenir selling sage.

Ash and James dressed up as Egg plants.

Jessie, May, Meowth and Wobbuffett trying to attract Giant Claydol

Giant Claydol falling in love with Wobbufett dressed up a woman.

Pretty strange.

It was a filler episode, Ash & Co. were hardly in it, the whole episode was narrated by Meowth (which was rather grating), it wasn't even set in Kanto (Hollywood, California?!)

1. It is most certainly not a filler.
2. It was only set in Hollywood in the dub.

As for strange episodes, I'll have to give it to the evil Togepi one. Flying into space and taking on a Rayquaza? WTF.

Claydol, Big and Tall

Lets see.

Giant Claydol.

Souvenir selling sage.

Ash and James dressed up as Egg plants.

Jessie, May, Meowth and Wobbuffett trying to attract Giant Claydol

Giant Claydol falling in love with Wobbufett dressed up a woman.

Pretty strange.
THIS. :-D (probably my favorite episode in AG)

Address Unown
Gothitelle and the Sky Arrow Bridge.
Dusknoir Summer School episode...

Agreed with all of the above.

Also, DP043 Malice in Wonderland!. I don't even know where to begin with that episode. :p

I agree with Malice in Wonderland. That episode was so weirdly hilarious, especially when the Jenny's and Joy's in Brock's dream started Poison Jabbing him and had Croagunk faces xP

Malice in Wonderland had some of the trippiest filler humor that season IMO, the only thing comparable to it being the "Worst Togepi Ever".

But my vote for "strangest" is the pokethlon episode...

Malice in wonderland and Where no togepi has gone before are definately ones I can agree with.

"Sticking with who you know" is another weird one due to Pikachu and Piplup's obsession with one another due to a machine.XP

Adress unown, A better pill to swallow, Meowth rules and many others I haven't named.

We're no angels and battling the enemy within are very odd in their own way and are probably the 2 episodes that stand out for me personally.

Thing is the biggest reason I watch the series is for weird episodes like that.=)

Last edited:
The most strangest episode for me was Just Waiting On A Friend when Brock falls in love with a ghost/illusion. The story was quite creepy at the same time being like a classic ghost story.

"The Worst Togepi Ever." For God's sake the episode starts with an angry Togepi and ends with them going into space. WTF?

Gulpin it down

Remember that time with the particle accelerator cannon thing and the professor with the bad Yiddish accent, then Treecko got all like huge for some reason and the Gulpin was huge too and...yeah.

Let us never speak of this again.

Doesn't anyone rememeber "The Wayward Wobbuffet"?

That episode was so weird that I laughed everytime I saw it. The whole episode was about Ash, Misty, Brock, and TR chasing Wobbuffet, who had a key for a cage TR put pikachu in, so either could get Pikachu first. Eventually Wobbuffet gets held hostage by a robber on the loose, but eventually everything works out and Ash and Pikachu are back together and they continue their Journey through Johto. I can't even write this without laughing...

Does no one remember Historical Mystery Tour? For God's sake I swear the writer's were high or drunk or something as they craccked jokes about old episodes and decided "Hey, what the hell let's make island of the giant Pokemon as Ash & co. go into a circus portal and relive the first day of their journey and then Ash'll ride Pikachu like a cowboy in an old Western movie shouting yee-haw!" That episode was REALLY screwed up so was Island f the giant Pokemon with the Pokemon subtitles and robot Pokemon WTF??? Squirtle "Maybe they all got eaten!" or something like that i love that episode as a kid I had it on cassette but, I spilled Hawaiian Punch on it and yeah...

I just watched that episode last night...

I actually thought the EXTREME Goldeen Capture competition between James and the Goldeen Capture Master was a lot more interesting than the "main plot".

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom