• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMouse

Even Rocky had a Montage
Reaction score
This might well be one of the most audacious projects that I have ever done on the RP forum. It's pretty new in its idea, and I hope that you'll enjoy it.

This RP is going to in effect be a turn based tabletop strategy RP, set in a fictional universe. You will play as a nation in your attempt to control as much of it as possible. The game will be much like any of the Total War games, and although the universe is fictional, it is highly realistic.

Turns:

1. Build Phase-this is where you build any buildings that you desire. Buildings can increase your income, affect what units you can create, or simply make the population happier.
2. Recruit Phase-In this phase you recruit troops from any of your cities.
3. Movement Phase-This is where you move any armies or characters across the map. Real-time movement is involved rather than Risk-like moving from one zone to another
4. Attack Phase-In this phase your armies attack any others or any cities that it is in range of.

Religion

Each nation will have one of three religions, Polytheistic, Monotheistic or Pagan, which will be affected by their geographical area. Nations of one religion are often more violent against ones of another. If you capture a city of a different religion it may have a slightly riotous nature until you convert enough of its citizens.

Regions:

Each faction owns a certain amount of regions. Each region will have a certain number of towns in it. The most important is the region capital. If someone takes the region capital then the whole region is lost to that opponent. Then there are three or four satelite towns, which will be involved in a certain industry, or possibly recruiting units. An enemy can hold a satelite town for defensive purposes, although they cannot benefit from it in any other sense i.e. they couldn't take income from a mine.

Battles:

Unfortunately real-time battles are going to be impossible in this context, so turn-based ones are going to be needed. Before the battle the armies are drawn up, unless one is ambushed by another, in which case one army will be drawn out in marching formation. The aim of the battle is to rout or kill alll of you enemies.

You may give commands to your troops such as 'fire at the peasants in the centre' or 'run towards the top of the hill'. The advantage to this from a normal battle is that you have a far stronger control over your troops and you may give whatever order you want.

Army stances:

You can put your army in various stances:

1. Marching-this is when your army is simply moving from one place to another
2. Offensive-this is when you are about to attack or are chasing an enemy. Attack of troops is increased although defensive abilities are decreased
3. Defensive-Your army will become entrenched at a certain defensive position. Movement is impossible although rudimentary defenses will be set up.
4. Guerilla-This sort of army will target the enemy supply lines, causing small casualties to the enemy. However, an outright attack is made impossible, and this can't be conducted on cities.
5. Fleeing-If your army has been defeated and you want to get out of enemy territory quickly then you can put your army on this setting. Speed is doubled although some units may get left behind and sacrificed if they are too slow, and the army will be strung out.

The world is made of two large continents, a couple of small island chains between them, an island to the East, shared by two nations, and one to the West which is inhabited only by one.

Note: This RP is Non-Pokémon

I will need quite a few GMs for this, so if you want please contact me.

Sign-Ups

Nation's Name:
Geographical position:
Religion: Monotheistic, Polytheistic or Pagan

Power system: Is it ruled by a Monarchy, is it a Republic, or a combination of both.
Rulers: Just a small list of the Royal Family or Generals. No more than four troop leaders (N.B. The royal family will lead the troops)

Strong Units: What units is your faction strong with (no gunpowder or fantasy please)
Weak Units: What units is your faction not strong with? (again, no gunpowder again)

Regions-How many regions does your faction hold (no more than 3 please)

Last edited:
Name: Aeronia
Position: Central Asia
Religion: Monotheistic
Power System: Constituinal Monarchy
Rulers: King Aquila II, Queen Zepher III, Princess Olympia I, Western General Falcon, Eastern General Hawk, Central General Owl
Strong: Achers
Weak: Naval Units
Regions: Three. Whole thing looks like a sideways Pokeball, with the Central Region in the center, the Eastern Region on the right, and the Western Region on the left. Central's capital is Featherton, Western's capitol is Beakinggale, and Eastern's capitol is Wingville.

Last edited:
@Incoming Mortar; All great except there aren't any Aerial Units, this is quite basic technology still and there are No Pokémon.

Y'know, gunpowder has existed since the early 1200s, although back then it was very unstable and it's use mad mostly in smaller explosives. So would it be okay if my nation's advantage was gunpowder, so long as they don't have, like, guns or anything?

Nation's Name: Liberated States of Dizaray (LSD)
Geographical position: Russia
Religion: LSD has freedom of religion, though most citizens are polytheistic and worship Jaxzun, God of Dance and Debauchery.

Power system: LSD is ruled over by multiple rulers. These rulers can add or change however many rulers there are if they can all agree on it. They can also choose their own titles. They are chosen based on various contests. Anyone may challenge any ruler to any contest; However, the rulers may reject it. But it is a taboo for a ruler to reject a contest they specialize in. As such, the rulers are often the best at something. They are also usually a bit mentally unstable, and infighting is rampant.
Rulers:
Princess Metallica: One of the rulers of LSD, she is a girl of roughly 17. She is very small, at about 5'1, but makes up with it for her penchant for gigantic dresses and elaborate hairstyles. This belies her cunning and somewhat sadistic nature. She became a ruler when she beat the previous ruler, her father, at checkers. Her father is the one who conquered most of what is now LSD.

President Fleur: The flamboyant president of LSD, he is on probation for attempting to sexually assault Princess Metallica's dad. He spends much of his time trying to teach the entire military to dance. He is known for his huge array of loudly colored clothes, as well as his love of courtesans and wine. He often throws parties in the palace.

General Mayhem: At 7 feet tall and 350 pounds of solid muscle, General Mayhem is an imposing man. His full suit of black platemail and the gigantic axe he wears on his back make him scary. And the fact that he constantly drinks blood from a goblet made from a human skull while riding a polar bear around makes him downright terrifying. He usually keeps a kitten named Mr. Pickle on his shoulder.

Poor Richard: An extremely intelligent horse that wandered into the royal castle and beat the previous ruler at a footrace. He communicates via an interpreter, and wears a wide-brimmed purple hat with a feather through it and some orange sunglasses.

Strong Units: Artillery. They mostly use catapults full of something on fire.
Weak Units: Archers

Regions: Just the one. They have the entirety of what we call Russia under their thumb, with the capital city of Glimmer dead center.

The gunpowder point's a fair one, and I'll allow it, although on both Sign-Ups when I said geographical position I meant on the fictional map, sorry for any confusion. By the way you can have one more strong unit as long as you balance it with a weaker one.

@Heroic Sociopath;

@Incoming Mortar;

My own Sign-Up

Nation's Name: Cydonia
Geographical position: On the larger (shared) island.
Religion: Pagan

Power system: Cydonia is an Electorate, with twelve Electors, the Highest Four of whom are the Preferati. The King of Cydonia is voted by his Electors generally out of the Preferati. Each Electorate is split into three Countdoms, each ruled by a Count (obviously) who then splits his power between twelve Prefects, who are a tandem Lord-tax collector-Captain.

Rulers: High King Asrail-The High King of Cydonia, a bony man with high cheekbones, Asrail believes not in luxury but of austerity and a Spartan living, focusing much of the country's resources on military uses.

Preferati Mikail-Generally viewed as the strongest and most favoured of the Preferati, also the best battle general of Cydonia, Mikail owns the Conian Electorate, which sits closest to the border.

Jandon, Preferatus of Hannod-A jovial man who spends much time hunting and feasting, Jandon is the counterbalance to Mikail and Asrail. His Electorate is famed for its luxury although it has a weak militia

Lorrain, Preferatus of Mann-Lorrain is studious, intelligent, and spends much of his time in libraries. His Electorate has the most univerities and academies, although the Militia is kept at an average level.

Strong Units: Cydonia has an excellent armoured cavalry base, with its many nobles, and the superior longbow under its control.;

Weak Units: Its naval forces are weak, and its infantry base is inferior, as it is made largely of peasants.

Regions-Just one on the island, Cydonia, split into its Twelve Electorates.

Last edited:
alright, then mine is located in the middle of a landmass with no sea borders.

Mine is behind Aeronia, which is in between LSD and Cydonia. Can it have oil and bears? I want bear cavalry in my army.

You could have trained bears, and I suppose bear cavalry at a high level. Cydonia's separate, but it can be next to Aeronia

Nation's Name: Empyrean
Geographical position: In a mountainous region to the north of the western continent.
Religion: Polytheistic, but consider everything in the universe, including the individual gods as just facets of their King, who is the voice of an all encompassing God.

Power system: A Theocratic Monarchy in which a single ruler proclaimed to be the Empyrean God by the priesthood, through rigorous meditation, is selected to lead the kingdom absolutely, by Divine Right. At this point, they cast off their former life entirely, including their name. The identity of the King is never revealed to anyone outside the palace. Most are chosen as children and taken from their homes.

Rulers: The Empyrean (leader), General Earth, General Sea, and General Sky
-The three generals are appointed by the Empyrean and do not use their real names either. They are faceless commanders who are groomed from childhood for their position.
Strong Units: Empyrean's Infantry is extremely effective, due to the conditions in the cold mountains promoting toughness and the strict military rule. They also have a strong naval force due to a long tradition of shipbuilding.
Weak Units: Their cavalray is weak due to their mountainous locale and their archers are weak due to a stigma against archery as a cowardly method of combat

Regions:

1. The Northern capital of "Empyrean", the coldest and highest place on the continent. It is adjascent to the northern ocean and surrounded by the two other regions. It is a metropolis from which the rest of Empyrean is controlled.

2. "Flame", the westernmost region of Empyrean, and the warmest, flattest part. The agricultural capital of Empyrean.

3. "Spirit", the easternmost region of Empyrean, and the home of the priesthood.

IMG_0134.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom