• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Streaming/recording all the Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yetii

Reaction score
I've had an idea for a while that I'd like to work my way through all the Pokemon games. I have managed to purchase most of them (still a few to go), but I've been fairly successful so far (I already owned a lot of them from when I was younger and bought a lot of them).
I recently thought about recording/streaming my progress of (re-)playing through all the games, but I'd like some opinions.
It's obviously very hard (impossible?) to capture the direct video output from the original Game Boy, so I should be able to use the Game Boy emulator built into Stadium on the N64. I'll then record the N64 output using an RCA to USB cable. I'll do something similar using the Gamecube's Game Boy Player. For later versions (DS and up) I'll have to look into alternatives. I've seen a 3DS recorder, but it's quite expensive. We'll see if it ever gets to that :)
I'd like to start with Green, but I don't have a Japanese/US N64, so I'll probably start with Red. I'll play all the games (including spin offs) up to their credits (e.g. beat the Elite 4), and will play all the games I can in the order of release. I would stream the games on Twitch and then upload to YouTube after.
What're peoples opinions on me recording this? Good idea? Bad idea that is so boring why would I even bother posting about it on a forum? Maybe if it was done slightly differently? Any opinions are welcome :)

Last edited:
It's a solid idea, yet it is not cost-effective... Spinoffs are a problem as well...

You should go for it, but make sure that you don't spend too much time playing or get easily bored.

It's a solid idea, yet it is not cost-effective... Spinoffs are a problem as well...

You should go for it, but make sure that you don't spend too much time playing or get easily bored.

I already have an N64 with a Game Pack and Pokemon Stadium, so if I get an RCA to USB lead I can started streaming straight away. I'm only missing Japanese/US only games and one of the pinballs games, if you don't include anything past the DS (which I still have most of), so I should be able to play a few games before I need to buy a new one :) I don't think it'll cost too much going by how many games I already have, and I've wanted to do this for a while, so money isn't too much of a problem.
Thanks for the feedback. I do fear that some games (pinball?!) will be a little boring, so I might play them as a break from others, we'll see.

You really have no problem with things like Snap, Trozei or Brawl but only Pinball?

I'm gonna lock this thread, this type of topic is best suited for blog, this thread is personal - it's about you. Threads in Outside the Box should include everyone.

Feel free to copy and paste the opening post into a blog.

PM if you have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom