• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Strongest non-legendary Steel Type

Cross Poison

What a Catch, Donnie
Reaction score
Hell, fire had one, why not Steel. Just please don't make a thread for EVERY SINGLE TYPE. That would get annoying.

Personally, I think Metagross, great typing combined with 135 base Attack, 130 base defence, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch and Zen Headbutt are great STAB moves, the latter falls short but isn't to be misjudged.

Steelix is awesome, but isn't the strongest, maybe if he had more attack power and speed he would shine.

Hell, fire had one, why not Steel. Just please don't make a thread for EVERY SINGLE TYPE. That would get annoying.

Personally, I think Metagross, great typing combined with 135 base Attack, 130 base defence, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch and Zen Headbutt are great STAB moves, the latter falls short but isn't to be misjudged.

Steelix is awesome, but isn't the strongest, maybe if he had more attack power and speed he would shine.

I agree with you on this one :D Empoleon too.

Metagross is clearly the strongest Steel type, though I'd argue that Scizor is generally the more useful one, so he'd probably win second place. Anyway, honorable mentions go to Skarmory, Empoleon and Lucario. Skarmory is arguably the best wall in OU. Empoleon is, the best of my knowledge, the best Special Atk based Steel type. Lucario can sweep from both ends.

Steels are generally the best types in the game, and I wondered if the 5th Generation will do something about this. Anyway, Metagross is obviously the strongest Steel-type thanks to its stats, as it is befitting of a legendary with 600 total base stats, but because of this, I count Metagross as a legendary.

Defensively, Skarmory, Steelix and Registeel are the ones, but Registeel is legendary, so I count that out. Steelix probably has a much better defensive potential than Skarmory, since it has a really high defence, but its typing is not so hot, since four weaknesses is exploitable. This is where Skarmory shines: typing. Flying is a really great typing to pair with Steel, so even with lesser stats (except defence), Skarmory is THE defensive steel, until we get a defensive Steel/Ghost.

Offensively, I would say Aggron, Empoleon and Scizor. It's obvious to competitive players as to why Scizor is strong, but if you don't, then basically Scizor gets Bullet Punch, and because it has the ability Technician, it becomes very strong, especially with its high attack. Aggron is also strong in his/her own way, as he/she can learn Head Smash, which is extremely strong, but thanks to its ability, he gets away with it for free, while others who learn the attack has to suffer recoil (except Relicanth). Empoleon has great special attacks, and is also Water, so a great offensive type, and good Special Attack as well.

Scizor (because of its trademark Technician + Bullet Punch combo) and Magnezone (because it can kill off (most) other Steels).

Metagross obviously! It can learn a variety of moves which can take down different types of pokemon aswell as other Steel-types.

i point you in the direction of the why you should get an aggron thread to find your answer :lol:

i must say that i agree with all of you. personally empoleon is my herofor the steel type be cause of its typing and its pwnsomeness if you teach it flash cannon. but stat wise, metagross is the obvious winner. i mean just one look at any site (i.e. pokebeach, marilland, serebii, bulbapedia) will tell you that.it also happens to be the only pseudo legendary with no double weakness so thats a plus right there.

I think that Scizor is the strongest Steel Pokemon. He is the 1st Pokemon in Overused.

Scizor and Lucario with Swords-Dance.

Magnezone or Steelix for basic stat's and awesome look.

(Wow. I posted a shot comment XD)

Not counting Metagross and Scizor (for obvious reasons), I'd go with Aggron.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom