• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stuck in the past

Technically none of us are into the VIII games because they're not out yet. :p You meant VII.

I cheek, but if I hadn't already gotten my Nintendo Switch I'd probably be stalling around Gen VII for a while. I did get both Moon and Ultra Moon the days they came out, however. Same for X and Black. But there was a point in time where I'd skipped quite a few games. I didn't play through sapphire after I got it because something made me stop liking it, and I didn't pick up a pokemon game on the day it released again until Soul Silver. I'd have skipped Ultra Moon were it not for the different gameplay features that were in it.

Technically none of us are into the VIII games because they're not out yet. :p You meant VII.

I cheek, but if I hadn't already gotten my Nintendo Switch I'd probably be stalling around Gen VII for a while. I did get both Moon and Ultra Moon the days they came out, however. Same for X and Black. But there was a point in time where I'd skipped quite a few games. I didn't play through sapphire after I got it because something made me stop liking it, and I didn't pick up a pokemon game on the day it released again until Soul Silver. I'd have skipped Ultra Moon were it not for the different gameplay features that were in it.
Thanks for correcting me ^^

Most of the 'pandering' is because they probably don't want the early pokemon to become irrelevant... they just forgot they have other early pokemon too. >o< But let's not turn this into another 'Let's hate on Kanto' party. As boring and bland as the region and first gen games was... it's not the pokemon or the region's fault Gamefreak and Nintendo give it special treatment. It's their inability to want to let go of that first big pokemon boom and what started it all I guess?

Used to be stuck in Unova before I get USUM.

But I am now in Alola! (BTW, travel between Unova and Alola doesn't need passports.)

I wish they would find themselves stuck in Johto.

Johto was the best region IMO, but Sinnoh is next in line (which I'm perfectly OK with, because DPPt was awesome). I seriously hope Gen VIII has Sinnoh on Switch (Let's Go Bidoof? XD)

Well, I never got X or Y because I didn't found them enough to buy a 3DS and instead bought a Blue Version 2DS because of Blue and AS.
That said, after almost 10 years I still happily play HG because of so much stuff but mainly due to the Pkmn following you and the music, so you can say that I'm stuck in the past! :giggle:

I've recently been playing Soul Silver and Leaf Green again. Everything after Sinnoh still feels "new" to me. I do enjoy the newer games too, but the first 3 regions and their remakes will always be my favorite. I'm starting to feel nostalgic for Sinnoh too and actually just ordered a copy of Platinum for the first time. I guess I have a tendency to like things more once they're older.

I do go back to replaying games often. Mostly the Gen V ones.

I tried Platinum but never finished it because the game is goddamn awfully slow, and I'm currently playing Y but because of the story not existing, I'm not so fast with that one either.

BW and BW2 I've replayed countless of times though. I do plan on playing the gameboy ones again at one point, but I'm not sure if I could do that since I'm so used now to stuff like the physical and special split.

I definitely prefer the pre-3DS games over the newer ones, so I can understand the feeling of being stuck in the past. I might not get Shield and Sword since I don't own a Switch and at this point I'm just sick of the games in general. I'm tired of the pattern that keeps repeating every 3 years: a new game is announced, everyone gets hyped up, the games remain a novelty for about 2 or 3 months after their release before fans get bored of them, everyone starts speculating on what the next games will be, rinse and repeat. For me the formula wasn't so annoying until Gen 6 began, and I'm at the point where I'm gonna stick to just watching the anime, collecting the cards and buying Pokemon figurines instead of wasting money on games that I'll end up hating.

For me, the series ended with BW2.

What we currently have is Neo-Pokémon, developed by Neo Game Freak :p

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom