• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stuff thats been forgotten in anime

Shinx3000

Reaction score
I can't recall if this has been said before, but anyone got any things in anime that have been forgotten completly or haven't appeared for suhc a long time they feel forgotten?

My list:

1) GS Ball - I hightly doubt its ever coming back

2) Ash Pikachu using Double Edge (hasn't used it since Kanto and that was only once) also Thunder

3) Misty. But I don't want any arguments about that, is 50/50 if she comes back or not so lets not debate it, well no arguing anyway.

4) Animals in pokemon world. In Kanto days we had Brock trying to sell "Clam Chowder" and there was fish in an episode with Misty's gym etc..

Anyone got more?

1)Maylene's gambling father
2)Riley's relationship with Byron and Roark.

These are the ones I can currently remember.

about the animals, i got one. Human fruits. you know from before the days of "berries", people and pokemon alike were always eating apples/oranges/bananas etc.

then they all pretty much up and vanished o_O
oh, and i remember there used to be birds (non-pokemon variety) flying around in the old days, but nobody ever even took notice about them, it was always the pokemon. i call animalist...idk any word for neglecting one species over another :p animal cruelty? idk lol

but ya, thats all i can remember. All else has been...forgotten! lol

Human fruits. you know from before the days of "berries", people and pokemon alike were always eating apples/oranges/bananas etc.

Yep, except the oranges and bananas. It was always apples. All the time. All seasons. Which all pokémon ate. And were as filling as a proper meal of carbohydrates and proteins

Tullio

Yeah, I think the last time Professor Ivy got a mention, dubwise, was in the Deoxys movie.

Today I was in a meeting of a dubbing forum (most of people there are young voice actors, I'm mainly part of the forum for being interested in the dub of Poké, I'm not a VA myself)
Some people there stopped to watch Poké after season 2/3 and I told them that the GS Ball was forgotten, Jiggly disappeared and most important: Togepi evolved and left
They were shocked XD that was funny, they missed so much stuff in all these years... too bad they stopped
Anyway, other than the GS Ball - the only thing I hate that they forgot is Jiggly... they should either bring it back or just give it one closure ep (no, Whismur doesn't count since it did fall asleep)

I thought when Brawl came out it would let the writers give Jiggly another appearance, but I guess not.

For younger fans they wonder why Jigglypuff is playable in Smash Bros when its totally gone from the franchise in general, lol.

3) Misty. But I don't want any arguments about that, is 50/50 if she comes back or not so lets not debate it, well no arguing anyway.
Why even bring it up if you know you're going to get opposition? Her lure was featured twice a while back and she was in the last opening. And yes, being featured in an opening counts as not being forgotten.

Fun fact: In HGSS, Togepi has a unique response in the Cerulean Gym. Apparently, Game Freak hasn't forgotten her either.
about the animals, i got one. Human fruits. you know from before the days of "berries", people and pokemon alike were always eating apples/oranges/bananas etc.

then they all pretty much up and vanished o_O
Have berries been seen outside on Poffin making in recent times? I remember that they actually went back to using fruit instead of berries at the start of DP, with bananas being a key plot point in one episode.

Why even bring it up if you know you're going to get opposition? Her lure was featured twice a while back and she was in the last opening. And yes, being featured in an opening counts as not being forgotten.

Yet at the same time, the character hasn't had a real appearance in an episode since AG134, which aired back in 2005. Its been 5 years and 280 something eps since then. The character hasn't been seen in ages, there's no way to sugarcoat it.

Yet at the same time, the character hasn't had a real appearance in an episode since AG134, which aired back in 2005. Its been 5 years and 280 something eps since then. The character hasn't been seen in ages, there's no way to sugarcoat it.

But thats not the point!

I can't recall if this has been said before, but anyone got any things in anime that have been forgotten completly or haven't appeared for suhc a long time they feel forgotten?

My list:

1) GS Ball - I hightly doubt its ever coming back

2) Ash Pikachu using Double Edge (hasn't used it since Kanto and that was only once) also Thunder

4) Animals in pokemon world. In Kanto days we had Brock trying to sell "Clam Chowder" and there was fish in an episode with Misty's gym etc..

Anyone got more?

1. Exactly!
2. Kanto had a habit of having the main Pokemon use random attacks that they may not even naturally learn (Bulbasaur's Whirlwind, Koffings Counter [if that wasn't a dub error], etc.).
3. Right, so let's not bring her up.
4. I imagine that in Kanto, the writers didn't think about such details.

Honestly, I think there are few things the writers forget over the years but rather, "move on" and leave old stuff behind (something the fandom should learn to do).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom