• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stuff you want to see in Pokemon that it's currently not offering

Custom sprites for the eggs. I mean, if they can make Manaphy have its own egg sprite, why not the rest of them? I personally have been wanting this for a while, to make the games a bit more like the anime.

^^ That pretty much defeats the purpose of evolution...
I'd like to be able to encounter released Pokemon. Instead of saying "A wild (Pokemon) appeared!" it would instead say "Your (Pokemon) appeared!" It would have the same stats, nickname, and moves that it has when you had it. However, this would be very rare, like shiny Pokemon, and would only happen once with each Pokemon.

More character interaction. It would be pretty awesome if we could get friendly with people we want. Something similar to a dating sim? I don't mean actual sims like that, but how about having the option to hang out with NPCs you like and play mini-games? For instance, we could have Fantina tutor the player character on contests, and play some mini-games with her. Contest accesories would be given as random prizes.

Plus more conversation selection other than just answering Yes and No.

-A proper seasonal system with season transitions.
-Some sort of rare Pokemon hunting quest.
-To tie into this a Pokemon guild, with guild buildings in every town/city.
-Sidequests for the guild.
-Shinies are expanded to have multiple shiny versions of Pokemon.
-The E4 isn't just the only reason to collect badges. Badges are to signify your rank, and your respect in the world. This would also lead to E4 badges, and perhaps badges for beating ultimate characters and getting top respect.
-Your clothing changes based on rank and such.
-If you get enough recognition, the post E4 game is based on managing a gym of your choice, with you moving up to the gym leader guild. This would then allow you to unlock a shitload of missions based on being a gym leader, perhaps fighting another upcoming evil.
-Legendaries not just being awesome unevolveable Pokemon, but having their own place in the story, and their own backstory besides the dex.

I'm probably asking way too much from Pokemon, aren't I?

Some sort of in-game tournament. Like, how Ash earns badges and enters the Leagues, they should have a similar system in game. Of course, we still keep the Elite Four and Champion :)

to start off maybe a Wifi Union room (if this has been done forget that), pokemon that can be seen in game i.e. wild bird pokemon flying across the screen from time to time,some spooky events like a haunted mansion or something,they should make the game more like the anime instead of having 8-9 towns have about 15 or so it gives the player a more adventure feel instead of go from this town to another town to get another badge blah blah blah blah.

how about being able to see some of the characters from the anime and other games like they did (not much but tried) in pokemon yellow, maybe a karma event system thing where you can choose good,bad or neutral options maybe like after being above a certain amount of evil and choosing evil choices you could take over the evil organisation or you can be a elite four champion but then you can open your own gym or training camp etc .

that would be amazing

P.S. something that has bugged me for years and was kind of addressed in HG and SS where you could change your clothes in game giving your character more of a personal feeling ya know

I would like to occasionally encounter wild pokemon or even trainer's pokemon that have a status condition, don't have full health, or don't have full PP in all their moves. To make it seem like they have been battling before.

I would like to occasionally encounter wild pokemon or even trainer's pokemon that have a status condition, don't have full health, or don't have full PP in all their moves. To make it seem like they have been battling before.

This is kinda what got me as a kid. When every trainer says something like they have been training for ages now and send out a perfectly fine Raticate or whatever. But, I think this has something to do with "the challenge" of the game. What fun would it be if every other wild Pokemon has red HP when you encounter it in battle? Or a Trainer's Pokemon is poisoned badly?

This is kinda what got me as a kid. When every trainer says something like they have been training for ages now and send out a perfectly fine Raticate or whatever. But, I think this has something to do with "the challenge" of the game. What fun would it be if every other wild Pokemon has red HP when you encounter it in battle? Or a Trainer's Pokemon is poisoned badly?

Maybe not that bad. Probably something like confusion or paralysis, and no more that 30% of their HP gone.

Maybe not that bad. Probably something like confusion or paralysis, and no more that 30% of their HP gone.

but confusion wears off after a battle. Anyway, you could probably justify Trainers having healthy Pokemon with the fact that they're constantly healing them with items (some of them will even use items during a battle). As for wild Pokemon, hasn't the franchise at least implied that wild Pokemon intentionally challenge Trainers? Before a human comes along, they're probably leading a peaceful existence (although, this would contradict several Dex entries that suggest certain Pokemon having predator/prey relationships, as well as the other franchise-wide implication that all Pokemon "like" to battle and is possibly the reason they have run-ins with human Trainers in the first place). But yeah, it's really just a gameplay thing (although, having some Pokemon enter a battle already worn-out could actually pose some challenge seeing as certain Pokemon have abilities that activate with low health or status, as well as moves like Facade, so it could be worth considering even from a gameplay stand-point).

Able to customize your pokemon trainer. You can buy clothes, hair styles and stuffs. Then there'll be a building where you can meet other actual trainers via wifi.
Also a keypad so we can chat.

Well, with trainers' Pokemon, I think it's perfectly fine to assume that they fully heal each and every one of their Pokemon after a fight using items. I guess some players may occasionally do that. I don't, but some might.

And there have been some Pokemon who start out with status conditions, although not in the way you describe. In GSC, if you Headbutt trees during the night, it might drop Spearow that are already asleep at the start. But that's really about it.

But like Shreyas explained, it would lessen the challenge a bit, and make wild Pokemon easier to catch.

I wish we could choose to play as what is now a rival character; for the example, in B&W as Cheren or Bianca, and have Hilda or Hilbert as one of the rivals. I know that the "facelessness" of the player character has it's pros, but I'd just like to see them talking for once and actually gain some personality. Also, I think that seeing the story from a different perspective would be interesting. But yes, I know. Memory. Not happening.

Players beign Pokemon professors to each other eg. one player breeds a Psyduck or Eevee or whatever and links to a player starting his/her game. The game automatically raises the Pokemon to lv.5 and the new player can use it instead of a regional starter.

For one, I'd like to see some more challenging routes. Or well, at least generally make them a bit longer. Quite frankly, too many routes are ridiculously short (this goes for any region really) and are pretty boring. You beat some trainers, perhaps you want to catch a pokémon or two, or to find an item. They don't have to put in a lot more trainers though, perhaps just spread them out some more. Also, some of the descriptions are way off. Take route 26 in HGSS as a dreadful example of this. Difficult mountain road? It's straightforward! How is that remotely difficult? Removing places to heal up during the routes would help, albeit a point could be made that you don't have to use these. However, I'd like not to have them there at all. I can remember playing through Black, and it was an horrible example of this. Doctors and nurses frickin everywhere.
Oh and less HM usage. I absolutely despise to have to cram HMs into my team to navigate.

So basically, I want to see actually challenging, long routes. I do find that unlikely though.

I'd like to see some plot divergence, points where you have to make an important choice that affects the storyline your character will take.
Other than the obvious lose-lose starter situation with your rival of course.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom