• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid nicknames for good pokèmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a faimly of seven Flygon and one Vibrava that all have weird nicknames exept for two:

The odd ones:
Lisa (NOT after the user, I've had her for years)
Corbin :)loopy:)
Newton (The Vibrava)
Braveheart (Evovled from shadow Vibrava in Colo, so it just seemed like a good name)
Benny (Again, I wasn't feeling creative)

The meaningful ones:

Sandjewl
Tagah (Weird spelling for it, but it's pronounced T-OF-T. I was going through an Avatar phase and it just kinda fit)

And another one from the GTS that doesn't have a nickname.

Girafarig: urmom
Machop: Chop Suey!
Zubat: Draculina
Drifloon: Balls (looks like a giant purple ball....i was out of it when i did it xD)
Sneasel: Sneases
Shinx: L33t
Bidoof: WTF (i haven't played or watched pokemon since generation 2 =x so I didn't know what it was or where it came from, either gen 3 of 4...now i know lol)
Geodude: Rock On!
Gible: Sharky (now Gabite)
Infernape: Scannin (i have a rock band profile named scannin for monkees)
Scyther: Pwnage
Alakazam: OMFG L337

When I bought a used copy of Silver, I found a Slowbro on there that was named AbbySalem. Ever since then I've made it a tradition to give all Slowpokes the same name.

I once traded for an Arcanine named DUMASS. They could've at least spelled it right. I've also seen a Giratina named CATERPILAR.

Pidgeot: birdbrain
geodude/graveler: rocky or somthing like that
These were from a gold version I played a long time ago, when I decided to nickname all the Pokemon I would use. These were the only two I remember.

I also a cousin who nicknamed their:
Heracross-stupid (because they had a real tough time catching it.)
Grovyle-apple
groudon-red
registeel-siete (you know, spanish 7)
Swampert-sal
Makuhita-tubtub
flygon-inch
and much more I can't recall right now

Sometimes you can't help but question the origin of the nickname used on someone

I named my Makuhita Shing Po, cuz he looks Asian. Kinda. Haha.

My Snorlax, Makuhita, Hariyama and Munchlax are all nicknamed Tubby.

My party

Blaziken: DOOMTRAIN
Sandslash: DOOMTRAIN
Exegggcutor: DOOMTRAIN
Gliscor: DOOMTRAIN
Magnezone: DOOMTRAIN
Steelix: DOOMTRAIN

....I like the name DOOMTRAIN a lot. Very easy to remember :)

No, this is not a gimmick either, I really did name my entire party that.

i named my regice icy, my ditto lil dit, my swampert muddy (i got it as a mudkip), my piplup cutie, my turtwig twigy, my marigip stupid(because there so stupid),and my brother named his infirnape chipy

I once saw a Loppuny on the GTS named "Sexy Lady", and a Gravler named "F***me" (No censor on the actual name) A Wormadam named "Sex Man", a Kricktune named "NANDO!!!" And then I traded for a Charmander named XE-1A.

Last edited:
SHiny Magikarp: Holy Carp!, get it? Carp=Crap?!:D
Finneon: Surf's Up, hm slave
Groudon: Titan
Kyrogue: King Wales

Nicknames that I have either seen or had:

Koffing-Dog(I was three at the time, and that was one of the very few words I could spell)
Torchic- Chica(I thought it was cute)
Garchomp-Landshark
Magmotar- Kan'non (pronouced cannon)
Gengar-Gaspar
Ditto- Gummy
Unown- 10SNE1?
Lickilicki-Baren O' Beeftip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom