• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

“Stupid” Pokémon names

So this is like my thread but for stupid names? Neato

I name a lot of my Pokemon in go straight up human names
Because nothing strikes fear into the hearts of men quite like a venusaur named Jerry

Update: I also made a tangrowth in go named BAD WEED, I believe without the drug in mind

Last edited:
i had a boltund in my shield save named "cat." i thought i was so funny. pretty sure cat has since been wondertraded away.
there's... also blorbo the dunsparce, zekrom the mimikyu, snuggles the emboar, and snailord the goodra (i forgot that wailord was a mon that existed when i named her i swear)

I named my first Sudowoodo "Candyman" because I was told that the green spheres on its hand were candies. I also named a Zubat "Zoomobile," not that that makes any sense whatsoever. My classic Lapras nickname is "Lapsuds," whatever that means. And yes, I do like to name my Snorlax "Laxatives," usually with two exclamation marks. In LG, I got both Snorlax, and the one in my main party is "Laxatives2!!"

I've been catching a legion of Togepi in LA, nicknaming every single one. There was a distinct moment when I felt creatively bankrupt, and while I was able to come up with more Togepi nicknames later on, I still have a pasture occupied in part by a Togepi named "Joshua."

Most of me and mudkipz’s soul link nuzlocke Pokémon have wonderful names

Off the top of my head we have “Kta” right now because we went to a name combiner site when we caught a Kadabra and ponyta (the k is silent btw lol)

We had “RaPuNzEl” because we caught it in the tower thing in sinnoh

Most of me and mudkipz’s soul link nuzlocke Pokémon have wonderful names

Off the top of my head we have “Kta” right now because we went to a name combiner site when we caught a Kadabra and ponyta (the k is silent btw lol)

We had “RaPuNzEl” because we caught it in the tower thing in sinnoh
Lmao
Who’s mudkipz?

For a modern “bad” nickname, I named my Shroomish “Shroomjak” in my current ORAS nuzlocke.

For some more low hanging fruit (aka when I was in 6th grade), I named my Lapras “BlueLeviacorn”. I know what I was goijg for back then, but I don’t know why.

I nickname all my Mons and some of them can be downright braindead.

I've named a Ludicolo "Cha-Cha", a Tropius "Bananaboat", a Primeape "Bananaz", and a Shiftry "TenguMan", to name a few.

Oh, and there's also "Snuggles" the Bewear, "Ironface" the Bronzor, "Beaker" the Fearow, "Minibomb" the Voltorb, and "Holey-Moley" the Diglet/Dugtrio.

That should do for a start.

Back
Top Bottom