• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid Things Characters have done in the anime -

harryheart

Reaction score
In this topic you can discuss stupid things that people have done off the anime! Your opinion counts as long as you state why, and give a reason to your belief. You can also say stupid things that Pokemon have done as-well, this isn't just human based

Discuss!

Personally I think it was when Ash turned into a Pikachu for a while, how silly! What would have happened to his PokeBalls? Would they have turned into parts of Pikachu?

*Kojiro sees the shiny Metagross*

Kojiro: Go Manene!

Do I really need to give a reason for this one?

Musashi accidentally trading her Beroringa for Sonansu. :p (I don't hate Sonansu, but still, it was quite dumb.)

Personally I think it was when Ash turned into a Pikachu for a while, how silly! What would have happened to his PokeBalls? Would they have turned into parts of Pikachu?

Continuing that, what about his clothes? :p
Then again, such is the logics of an unlogical world (oh wow, how deep).

Anyway, in Ash's final battle against Brandon I found it horribly foolish of him to start out with Charizard. Probably because my usual logic - at least in the games - is to save the stronger Pokémon last, and I consider Charizard to be considerably stronger than Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Musashi accidentally trading her Beroringa for Sonansu. :p (I don't hate Sonansu, but still, it was quite dumb.)

All the same, I think it's the best thing she's ever done :3 *Sonansu fangirl*

I think Shinji was pretty dumb to let a brilliant pokemon like Hikozaru go, but I'm glad he did as it's worked fantastically for everyone apart from that arsehole!

The whole Ambipom fiasco really bothered me, but it was the pokemon who made the choice and not the trainer, so I'm not sure I can count it.

Acually I kinda liked it. :)

Although I really can't think of anything, most I can think of was "The Punchy Pokemon" in Kanto where Ash gave primape(sp?) to that guy. Don't get me wrong I love Kanto and the episode but I did'nt like that release. -_-

everyone releasing their pokemon...

except brock with vulpix that did not bug me for some reason

what wasnt nessicary to me is that he didnt become a frontier brain... i really wanted to see the series from a champions perspective...

I think the idea of Ash becoming a frontier brain was probably going to be the writers "back up" idea in case there was going to be no Gen IV or possibly a plan to replace him

But isn't that something stupid the writers did? I thought the thread was about the characters doing something stupid....

Anyway...

In any universe where magic transforms peoples accoutrements as well as their bodies, it's been speculated (by authors and fans, etc) that the "missing" items go into a kind of temporary-stasis-pocket-universe-side-dimension-thingy while the person/being is in their transformed state. That is, the objects still exist, but they may not be accessible until they transform back, unless the transformed being can do the pull-it-out-of-the-air thing.

In other words...they go to Hammerspace! :lol:

Ash releasing his Pokemon.

That's only stupid if his only goal was to be powerful/have more Pokemon. But Ash wants to be a Pokemon Master, and clearly his definition of a Pokemon Master includes loving your Pokemon enough to do what makes THEM happy.

So from my POV, that makes releasing his Pokemon not only not stupid, but one of the smartest things he does. (It's also kind, generous, good-hearted, etc.)

But her Pokeball just slipped out of her pocket at the wrong minute. How could that be "dumb" on her part? It didn't even seem very careless to me, who'd've thought the trading machine would be on?

To me the dumbest thing anyone ever did is ongoing...it's Team Rocket not getting the clue, from the fact that the only time they ever succeed is when they do something good, that the universe clearly wants them to be Good Guys! Their karma is practically screaming at them, but they've got their ears collectively plugged going "La la la can't heeeeaaaar yooouuuuuuu!"

Probably the biggest mistake they made was in the episode Pokemon Fashion Flash in the scene where that girl whose name I forgot was teaching Ash how to give Pikachu a massage because after that when he finally did the first time all of this nasty crap showed up all over the internet about......uh......that.

The scene was supposed to be so called "bonding" between them, but internet people took the term "bonding" way too seriously...

To me the dumbest thing anyone ever did is ongoing...it's Team Rocket not getting the clue, from the fact that the only time they ever succeed is when they do something good, that the universe clearly wants them to be Good Guys! Their karma is practically screaming at them, but they've got their ears collectively plugged going "La la la can't heeeeaaaar yooouuuuuuu!"
True, but if they became good they'd have no reason to follow Satoshi around, and clearly part of their subconcious is clever enough to realise that by sticking around Satoshi they'll continue to be on the show and please their fans :p Which is clever *cough*

The times when the twerps don't see TR through their costumes.

Singing.

I always hate it when the characters sing in the show, with the exceptions of May's Lullaby and Misty's Song, because those 2 were kinda sweet. Mainly May's because the moment was so perfect both times but Misty's I also liked because of the big smile on Ash's face the whole time she was singing to him.

May's just OWNED. The moments were very touching:

First time:
The millenium comet comes out and May asks Max if he thinks it's beautiful. Then she finds out Max is sleeping on top of Jirachi's crystal chrysalis. She rubs his head and he calls her mama in his sleep. Then May starts singing her lullaby to him.

Second time:
Max was having his last night with Jirachi and said he wasn't going to be able to sleep. Then May started singing again. I liked this one most because I thought it was adorable how Pikachu fell asleep listening to May singing a lullaby. Then everyone else passed out except Ash. I now believe Ash has Soundproof and May's part Jigglypuff.

Third time:
Jirachi was about to go back to sleep for 1000 years and told May that it was really sleepy and wanted her to sing to it. The moment was kinda killed though when Brock started singing. He sucks at it, too.

Where was I?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom