• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid Things You Did as A Kid

JohnnyCool708

Observer
Reaction score
After much recent discussion, I have been inspired to create this thread. List stupid mistakes you made when you were younger/first playthrough, etc.

Things such as getting stuck in simple places, not being able to read things right, fears, and not saving are perfect examples.

List your most hilarious blunders in those beginning stages Pokemon fans!

Getting stuck on the ghost type gym.........and wondering why nothing hit

I initially thought you meant irl! (i bit my lower lip when i was 2 and now have a scar o.o)

in my blue i killed articuno without saving :'(

Thinking that if I waited long enough at the spaceport, flight 99 would take me to Deoxys ;.;

lets see.... used master ball on a common pokemon, tried the mew under the truck myth tried catching someone else's pokemon, being stuck in viridian city since I didn't know why that old man wouldn't let me go by .

I could never find the enterance to Meteor Falls, I always thought Route 114 was a dead end.

And I almost always used the Master Ball on a common Pokemon before I discovered how hard it was to catch legendaries, since I always killed them in one hit.

Leveling up only my Starter and leaving at others at low levels.

Last edited:
Not so much stupid as being used to other games so I made mistakes.

For instance, I defeated the birds and wondered what was up with that, with them "flying away" meaning I'd recieve them formally later on... because that's how it usually goes in other RPGs! It's a boss battle, so it didn't occur to me you could even run away, let alone catch them.

Used Fissure on Mewtwo just for lulz before catching it, not expecting it to hit.

It did......

I had not saved.

Got stuck for like a week because I forgot that I had yet to challenge Norman -_-
And the typical "only leveling up your starter"

Searching for that old man with the boat in Ruby not realizing I had to see Wallace's family since I always ignore what NPC's tell me. I thought I left him in Slateport City.

I don't think I had any strategy when I played Gold. I don't know how I managed to beat that game.

Playing Sapphire I also made the mistake of paying too much attention to my starter and not really considering what would make a good team.

For the first half-year of my ownership of Red and Blue, I couldn't even figure out how to leave my room. (I was 6. XD) When I did finally get out, I was hooked on Pokemon.

I also used my Master Ball on a Gligar in Crystal. Just for lulz. XD

1.Using Masterball on the Snorlax in Crystal.

2.Believing the rumor:'Shiny Raticate always appears at rt.36 between 7:00 and 7:59.'

3.Thinking only Psychic type attacks can harm Morty's ghosts. Used Watergun in a desperate attempt and got surprised.

Well, I'm still a kid, but whatever.
I used my Master Ball on a Chansey. What? I was new to Pokemon. My first game is Diamond.

If it wasn't because in that game Chansey isn't such a horrible pain to catch and that in earlier games you couldn't use a Masterball on them, that wouldn't be stupid.

I didn't make it to Celadon city until I restarted for the fourth time. I just kept trying to move the Snorlax, without exploring any of the other routes, so I would just get stuck in Lavender town.
I also kept trying to get the money to buy a bike, because I didn't know about the bike voucher.

Well, I'm still a kid, but whatever.
I used my Master Ball on a Chansey. What? I was new to Pokemon. My first game is Diamond.

same here but i used it on dialga. then in platinum Giritina. After learning how easy it is to catch Dialga I never used a masterball since...

Leveling up only my Starter and leaving at others at low levels.

This, and not being able to beat Misty- or Lorelei later on. I also didn't know all that much about legendaries being important and beat Moltres at Victory Rd.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom