• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid Things You Did as A Kid

Used my Master Ball on common Pokemon, killed legendaries, trained my starter and not my other Pokemon... I made, practically, every stupid mistake a kid could make in Pokemon XD

On my first playthrough of Emerald I was wondering what the release button meant and released my trusty Sceptile -.- I had to restart as I couldn't go on without him as he was the strongest Poke ._.

I got very annoyed with the man who wouldn't let you into the Viridian Gym at the start of the game. I was also quite annoyed that the SS Anne sailed off without me, and I thought I had messed up.

I taught Cut to my Blaziken. I didn't know you had to go to the Move Deleter to get rid of it, so even at Lv. 100 it still knew Cut.

Pokémon Gold. Getting stuck with Sudowoodo for a long time. I mean, a loooooong time. Think about it, only 3 badges and my Typhlosion reached level 40 or 50, don't remember well. Only beating lv.13 wild Pokémon (also I didn't notice about the rematch calls and didn't get any trainer's phone). Until a friend at school gave me the hint of using Squirtbottle... back then, my English was very poor (not my native language) and if any NPC said me to use the bottle, I didn't notice.

I actually didn't mess up tons for some reason. other than using the masterball on version mascots, killing the 1st shiny I ever saw (realizing what I did afterwards) , and being a little off on leveling equally (I would have each pokemon 1 lvl apart for some reason :p), I was fine. oh, and skipping the trainers, that took it's toll by the time I reached the Elite 4 ;) it took me forever after the release of Diamond to realize there was a physical/special split. I started with yellow or silver, and figured there was always one. biting a pokemon and it being special made no sense to me, lol

Killing MEwtwo in my blue, on purpose. haha no idea about the concept really I was just like ya lets see if you can take my charizard!

I'm not sure I did many stupid things at all, really. Having started at 11-12 made me considerably older than some people, it seems, and I'd been playing video games in general since I was 3 years old, or something. That said, I didn't understand the concept of HM slavery when I first started and all my Pokémon had terrible movesets. (I swear I had a Dragonite with like, Slam and Hyper Beam or something.) Stadium 1 taught me the error of my ways, but I couldn't be bothered to train up an entirely new team to Level 100 so I just spammed Amnesia with Mewtwo ftw \o/

Killing Lugia and Master Balling Skarmory back in Silver.
I plan on doing the latter once more, seeing as I'm replaying Silver right now (. .) Maybe the former toooo...

Butyeah, the usual.

Catching missingno in blue! stupid move allthough made some funny things happen, My graveler learned fire blast or whatever the move is whewre the flames look like a stick figure. Also caught a level 129 Golbat he got to level 132 but then went back to 100 I thought that was pretty cool as a little kid.

My best friend's stupid moment was when she was playing Gold Version and she killed Lugia and was happy about it.

Using my Master Ball on Dialga when its energy was in the Red Zone -_-
That made catching Mesprit hell for me.
I also made Uxie and Azelf faint because I didn't think you could catch them. *face palm* And my Piplup was the only pokemon I bothered to level up. By the time I got to the Elite 4 Empoleon was at lv 72 while the others were in their mid 30s. I had to rely on Dialga and Empoleon, but luckily Empoleon's high level got me some OHKOs.
Yeah, I made tons of noobish mistakes in Diamond.

In Ruby (my first game) when I got to the Elite Four I had pretty much only had Sceptile and Groudon as eligible fighters. The rest of my Pokemon were in their Late 20s to early 30s.

I got through Sidney and Phoebe just fine...but Glacia easily defeated my Groudon and Sceptile and then trashed my other Pokemon.

That wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't of saved after each time I defeated an Elite Four member...

Never used Marshtomp against Watson because I didn't know it Ground type even as Marshtomp. Even with Mud Shot pretty much destroying Magneton in a single hit, I had no idea of how certain types worked. Once I learned that Ground types were immune to Electric attacks though, I just kept breezing through his gym whenever Mudkip was the starter. The only real reason I thought the immunity wasn't there was because of the Anime.

Trying to get into that one room in FR/LG (the one in the house with the old man and the boxes)

Using my Master Ball on Dialga when its energy was in the Red Zone -_-

Oh, that reminds me, the same thing happened to me when I caught Ho-Oh in Gold version. Threw the Masterball while it was at orange.

I knew at the time that the Masterball would always work, I just wasn't thinking then and thought I had to weaken it first.

Catching missingno in blue! stupid move allthough made some funny things happen, My graveler learned fire blast or whatever the move is whewre the flames look like a stick figure. Also caught a level 129 Golbat he got to level 132 but then went back to 100 I thought that was pretty cool as a little kid.

I did that once as well. Ended up with a Rhydon that knew Hydro Pump.

Even after I restarted the game, my Hall of Fame was messed up forever. An eternal reminder of that glitchy bastard.

Accidentally killing Kyogre and Groudon and saving the game afterwards. Ugh. I got them now On my Black Version but I just still headdesk at that memory.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom