• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid Things You Did as A Kid

The most commong thing I remember is just levelling up one of my pokemon. Which seems to be the general consensus of everyone here...

I was 10, how could I be expected to level SIX pokemon at once?!

Missing out on catching Kyogre.

Well, as for a non-mainstream game, in my Mystery Dungeon game, when I saw my character floating away, I thought the game wouldn't allow me to play again if I let it finish so I turned my game off and re-started. -_-

Of course, there's also the typical 'only level one Pokemon up'.

And, lastly, I shall present the stupidest one of them all. So, I put my Meditite in the Daycare, and figured I'd go back and get it later, so I left the town. Unfortunately, we didn't have the stradegy guide, and I somehow managed to forget where the Daycare was, and still couldn't find it after Flying all over the region. I finally found it, by chance, a few months later.

Oh, let's see...

- Defeated the Red Gyarados and saved the game afterward (Crystal)
- Wasted TMs on Pokémon that I had just caught, and ended up only raising them a few levels and then never using them again (Emerald)
- Got my Blaziken to Lv100 before beating the E4 (Emerald)

Those are the three things that stand out the most in my mind.

how is the last option bad?

Oh? Me? Well on my first playthrough of FireRed (going with Reds team from PokeSpecial) I leveled up my Bulbasaur/Ivysaur, got PoisonPowder ANd Sleep Powder... and added both to my moveset thinking "Ha ha! I can Poison my foes AND put them to Sleep at the same t- wait, no I can't! ARRRGH so stupid!"

After playing Pokemon Red for the first time, I spent a few hours walking around the house looking for the exit. Didn't realize the rug was the exit the whole time..

I'd raise my starter to obscene levels.
Catch only cute pokemon and refuse to evolve them
and id kill every legendary i saw.

whats worse, i thought the signs in Silver were little staircases with gates over them, and id try going inside the signs every day.

Not exactly as a kid, but in my Sophomore year of College, I finally realized that "Ekans" is snake spelt backwards. I'd been playing for 10 years prior to that point, and I somehow didn't make that connection. Subsequently my room mates had a good laugh over it and followed up with "Let's not even get started with Arbok". My mind was blown.

...dropped a Illumise in day care and forgot about it.2 years later,I dropped two Pikachus to get a Volty Pichu and realised I had a level 68 Illumise.Epic

Not exactly as a kid, but in my Sophomore year of College, I finally realized that "Ekans" is snake spelt backwards. I'd been playing for 10 years prior to that point, and I somehow didn't make that connection. Subsequently my room mates had a good laugh over it and followed up with "Let's not even get started with Arbok". My mind was blown.
Ekans is snake spelt backwards!?!? I never knew that! clever!

Anyway, I just did the usual stuff, only raising 2 Pokemon, not catching legendaries, and stuff like that.

not realizing i couldn't have two save files, not catching legendaries, falling asleep before saving, and ultimately losing it and crying for a week

If we're on the topic of pokemon names, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. My brother told me that, and I found it so nifty.

On the other topic, I did have problems with starter-itis (raising no-one but the starter) and avoiding all trainers because they were hard. Although, that second point has trained me in the art of ninja-ing pass trainers.

Only leveled one Pokémon, which I then stopped using once I got to the first legendary in a game.

And I released Pikachu. :c

Only leveled one Pokémon, which I then stopped using once I got to the first legendary in a game.

And I released Pikachu. :c

I remember when playing Red for the first time, being in Silph Co and I kept going to "Item" "Card Key" to try and open the doors (as you would to use, say, the Old Rod or Bicycle). I'd always get the Prof Oak message. It wasn't until a GOOD while later that one of my friends was just like "Just press A at the door". I felt so dumb.

I lent my GBC and my copy of Yellow to someone at my summer camp who I knew was a prick and after warning him several times not to save the game he erased my file and had the audacity to tell me it wasn't his fault.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom