• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupid Things You Did as A Kid

The only one I can remember at the moment was when I raised my Squirtle all the way to a Blastoise without catching any Pokemon. When I tried to weaken wild Pokemon in order to catch them, I always KO'd them in a single hit. I got mad over it, because I needed to restart my game.

same here buddy

I did the stupid thing of believing that havinbg just a blaziken at level 70 was good enough to beat the elite four, just because I finally was able to defeat wallace with my party of weaklings.

Last edited:
I did the standard of only leveling my starter. I also would sometimes catch a Pikachu and level him too, but that was only because he was my favorite.

Caught TONS (tons) of Missingno., like BOXES full of them, on my brother's Pokémon Blue game. And saved.

Somehow his file was okay..enouth. I STILL DON'T SUGGEST THIS THOUGH!!! Because....his current file.....might have a box full of Charizard'M. *WHEEZE*

i actually just remembered that as a kid i thought that if my Slowbro battled too hard it would DE-EVOLVE back into a Slowpoke, all because i belived what the pokedex told me D:
So i would never let my Slowbro battle (;-;)

I chucked my one and only Master ball at Groudon in Ruby.... then came Latios. After running around Hoenn for a week and nearly screaming in frustration, my poor husband had mercy on me and sent me over a couple of cloned Master balls to get me out of my misery. Learned my lesson the hard way on that one. Yeah, I will never, ever do anything like that again.

I used mine Master Ball on... Zubat. Yeah. And I tought that I can buy Pokeballs in Poke Center and the healing animation is checking if the ball is surely empty. xD I lul at myself.

Teaching my Sudowoodo Fire Punch, ThunderPunch and Ice Punch in Silver.....
No wonder why it sucked :/

Starting over on Sapphire and saving on accident and not realizing until afterwards I had the Old Sea Chart to get Mew on my old save file. I despirately tried to get back my old save file by starting over again...needless to say I just gave up and continued on my new file wishing I didn't save.

On Crystal version I tried to do the cloning glitch after remembering that I used to do it successfully when I was little because when I turned it on I had several Typlosion and eevees. As soon as I did and turned off the game my file was gone, so I started a new game (I had to) and saved. I took it out to play another of my games, come back and once again my save was gone. So now I am stuck in an endless cycle of new games until I get a new battery (although I have no clue how to change it or what battery it takes, help anyone?) or another game entirely.

At a very young age of 10, when I first started playing Red version, some jerk on the school playground convinced me that if I ever took the Red cartridge out of my Gameboy Color, all my saved data would be corrupted and lost. Yeah that was a fun month...

Also I never understood the secret strategy of saving before capturing a legend. So in my Red version I caught Zapados and Articuno, but lost Moltres.

Also corrupted all my save files in the end anyways because of that stupid Missing No.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom