• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I have a whole list of these from my first run through of Sapphire at age 10, such as ZIG the Zigzagoon, BIRD the Taillow,and BUNNY the Plusle. Later on I eventually took almost every Pokemon in this file to the Name Rater to change all the names.

Some more dumb names I remember:

-Boat the Fearow. I have no explanation.
-Brush? the Sandshrew. No explanation here either.
-Demon the Meowth. I was trying to name it Damien, I think.
-Bitchboots the Bisharp. She was giving me hell trying to catch her.

I laughed when I saw this just because I rememberd what it was.
All I can say is it was inapropriate. I think it was a probopass?

I named my shiny Dusclops from Ruby version RED, then I evolved him when I sent him to Gen IV games, now he's black and his name can't be changed...

...And it's me again. I keep remembering stupid things XD

-Salt the Ralts. I thought I was being clever.

-Puppet the Shuppet. Same...

-Nomface the Trapinch. No explanation.

i recently discovered more dumb names too.
beavis the charmander and b-head the fearow (i went through an MTV phase... others include sookie the kingler and vh1 the farfetched{vh1 is owned by MTV})
2more the leafeon (i was hunting all the eeveeloutions at the time)
and gogurtlover the cydenquill (i still like gogurts to this date)

When I played FireRed, I used to nickname all the Pokemon backwards. I would have a Charizard named Drazirahc and a Pidgeot named Toegdip...

And I had a Muk...

I was like 8 years old back then :/

When I played FireRed, I used to nickname all the Pokemon backwards. I would have a Charizard named Drazirahc and a Pidgeot named Toegdip...

And I had a Muk...

I was like 8 years old back then :/
I got a dirty mind, so i'll admit that made me laugh a bit.

I don't think any of the nicknames i've ever used were particularly funny. I mostly just name them after characters from movies or anime or something. Probably the most obscure one i used was naming a Dragonite "Elliot".

Bossilisk the Serperior.
Aero the Aerodactyl.
Neon the Eevee.
Slowsis the female Slowbro.
Marrowack the Marowak.
Krabber the Krabby.
Ghouler the Haunter.
Vennet the Venonat.

When I started LeafGreen, I made a pledge to give a lot of nicknames. Big mistake.

And, there's one that I didn't actually name, but I got a Torterra in a trade called Damien03Jr.

Why.

Just why.

Last edited:
I go through phases with my pokemon names. Sometimes I'll do themes like DBZ characters, like naming my female Totodile Bulma, and my Rattata Krillin, or badly spelt Shakespeare names. And then there are other times where I don't follow a theme at all, like naming my Panpour Boilmyskin.

I've just discovered DaVinci the shiny Dunsparce.

(ಠ益ಠ)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom