• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I named my Ducklett in White "Duc" *faceplam* what was I thinking
I named a Mr.Mime Mimey
A Cofagrigus "Tut"

These weren't originally mine , but I got a used Diamond with Christmas money to replace my original copy. ( I lost it when my family went on vacation to Atlanta. I left it in the hotel ;~; ) I thought I should PokeTransfer the original player's Pokemon to my White version.
The player before gave his Pokemon the worse nicknames.
He named a Floatzel BAMMMMMMM and another Floatzel CDS
He named a Medicham "WHY AM I"
A Roselia named ABABABABAB
A Budew name CHALK BABY
>mfw
facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
I looked into my Pokemon Gold cartridge recently and discovered that I had a Zubat that I named "Dracula". :rolleyes:

i named my gulpin dingleberry. not sure why.

a few years ago i was replaying crystal and i named my team after STDs. i think my espeon was named syphilis. not sure what i was trying to do there.

Gawd, when I started playing Sapphire at about 11, I gave everything a stupid nickname.

-My Mudkip (now Swampert) was very creatively named 'Muddy'. I still have her, she's the best.
-For some reason, I had a Raichu called 'Eggbert'. I don't know what I was thinking.

But the best dumb nickname has got to be 'Missy', which is what I named the Beldum Steven gives you after the game is complete. Then I migrated it over to my brother's Pearl, and to this day he still complains that he's stuck with a Metang called 'Missy'.

for a challenge i'm taking, i have to name a bidoof HERPDERP XD

and on my own i once named a Infernape Insinfree for NO reason WHATsoever

The best (and worst) EVER, which I will never top, was a Ditto named Slutputty.

It was Augomon I thought I was cool because it sounded awesome then I kinda realized that it was a Digimon name and I was like Awhhh :( lol :p I named my bagon that to be clearer.

Last edited:
I named my Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken "KFC." The best part- I got his father in a GTS trade with a guy in Kentucky. ^^.

Last edited:
Well, I once named a Rapidash I caught in Pearl Wild A**, since, well, because.

I also, when I was younger, caught a Dewgong in FireRed (With a Master Ball, I might add!) and I named it Sparky, lord knows why! XD

The only times I nicknamed any Pokemon were in the days of the original Gold and Silver, I gave my entire squad anime-based names:

My Pokemon Silver Squad
Meganium - Shenron (after the DBZ dragon)
Quagsire - (Shenlong after the Gundam Shenlong)
Ampharos - (Jupiter ... cos Sailor Jupiter had lightning powers I guess?)
Gyarados - Escaflowne (if you know the series it's self explanatory, if not Escaflowne was a dragon, a robot dragon but still)
Lugia - Silverbolt (wasn't actually an anime name I admit)
Ho-Oh - Phoenix (I don't really need to explain this one right?)

My Pokemon Gold names
I know nicknamed my main squad in this game but someone saved over this game so I can't remember all of these, though I do remember:

Typhlosion - Mercury (I'd not long found out the planet Mercury was super hot)
Quagsire - Shenlong, (same as Silver for same reason)
Noctowl - Triton (it had 3 head feathers like a triton, thought I was being clever haha)
Red Gyarados - Typhoon (because I remembered the original Dragon Rage attack scene and thought of storm, typhoon?)
Lugia - Silverbolt same as Silver
Ho-Oh - Phoenix same as Silver

Since those days of pre-DS passed I just haven't felt the need to nickname anymore, especially my main squad, just haven't felt like it *shrugs shoulders*

Looking through my games two gyarados: Stupid and Magikrap
My bros Serperior: SSis.
My friends shiny ursaring: Mr. Shine XD

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom