• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I called my Dugtrio "Moomoo". I don't know what I was on when i named him. Oh and my Blastoise is "Squeaky"

God i named the beldum(now metagross) you get in emerald FRIEND! I still have him in black version right now! I also named a magnaton mewtwo, my shiny kyurem named Mr. Cuddles (It was a joke though and i'm changing it) oh and my dragonite is named
BIG B. I mean really what was I thinkng? Oh and a Lileep named buttkicker, and an anorith named poo. Also my older brother and I named all of the Nidokings we caught DOOM for some reason. Crazy right? but then again i'm also the guy who named his trainer Peewee in leafgreen.

I don't give my Pokémon nicknames, but my cousin does. He named his Miltank "Vaca Puta" which means "Bitch Cow" in Spanish, because it would remind him of Whitney's Miltank, which was a pain in the ass...

I received my Metagross for an NPC wwho called it Iron.

Lol, reminds me of Steven from HGSS. He trades you a Beldum with Iron as its name.

Anyways, I named my Palkia "Pearldra". Yes, very unoriginal indeed. I also nicknamed two Cottonees "Cacao" and "Cocoa". I named my female Gardevoir "Lady Night".

Everytime I catch a male Geodude/Onix/Roggenrola, I call it 'Rocky'. Everytime I catch a female Geodude/Onix/Roggenrola, I call it 'Roxie'. A Machoke called 'Macho' also comes to mind. None of my nicknames are extremely inventive. I had a Scraggy called 'scrag' once, an Unfezant called 'Tweet', and a Piplup called 'Pip'. But the best was when I was catching Unown, and I'd give them a name beginning with their letter. So behold - Alice, Beatrice, Carl, Dave, Emma, Fred, Georgina, Henry, Innes, James, Kris, Lois, Marty, Niamh, Olivia, Penelope, Queenie, Ross, Samuel, Tammi, Ursula, Valerie, William, Xan and Zoe. Seriously. I don't know what I was thinking. Penelope? Beatrice? And Queenie? Even worse, I named three of them after my friends!

Well, I had a male Gardevoir once, so I couldn´t resist call him James because of the crossdressing running gag.
Then I had the urge call female Absol Jessie and was dissapointet, that Absol and Gardevoir are not in the same egg group.
And my Machoke ended nicknamed as Giovanni, probably I was influenced by Meowth´s fantasies.

But I really can´t give Pokémon sane names, so I rather try to avoid give them any nicknames.

I named a my SoulSilver starter, a Cyndaquil "Dandee". That's unforgivable, especially when you note that the poor little thing kept that name until level 48.

I wasn't in my right mind, maybe?

My Pansear lost to Cheren's Servine when Pansear was 5 levels above it. Only match in Black I lost, and his name is now "Shithead."

Otherwise, my main Pokemon all have ridiculous names, such as:
Samurott: Rotter
Haxorus: L3G1T Hax
Hydreigon: Heidi
Archeops: Archie
Bisharp: Chesster

Last edited:
I received my Metagross for an NPC wwho called it Iron.

Lol, reminds me of Steven from HGSS. He trades you a Beldum with Iron as its name.

Anyways, I named my Palkia "Pearldra". Yes, very unoriginal indeed. I also nicknamed two Cottonees "Cacao" and "Cocoa". I named my female Gardevoir "Lady Night".

I once called my piplup "pimplup"

Last night I named my female patrat: SmartyMan and my Lillipup The One.
Sorry, it was The One not The Man.

Last edited:
All the Pokémon I caught in Gen V have/had stupid nicknames.

Samurott- Ott/Epek Otter/Rapan
Braviary- Brave/Vectis
Excadrill- Exer/Anturengan (Don't ask)
Hydreigon- Destroiah/Dratron

...Yeah. Sucktacular, right? =P

My starter! Bulby the Bulbasaur from Red, reborn in Firered as Dotty (I'm sorry but Bulby's bad even for 5 year old me)...

When I was young and naive, I had a penchant for giving most of my Pokémon in Red/Blue very simple nicknames consisting of part of the Pokémon's name and ending in -y. Thus Spearow became Speary, Ditto became Ditty, Haunter became Haunty, Kabutops was Topsy, et cetera.

This worked fine until I caught a Rhyhorn, and the poor creature was henceforth stuck with the glorious name "Horny". It wasn't until a few years later that I realised what I must've put him through.

Nowadays I try to come up with clever nicknames that pertain to the Pokémon. My favourite so far was Magneton, whom I called HAL-9000.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom