• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

Back in the old days, I had a habit of giving egregious nicknames to my poor Pokémon by taking a part of their anatomy (or name), and adding a -y to it. I ended up with abominations like Beaky the Fearow, Slashy the Sandslash, and Leafy the Nuzleaf.

All from Blue:

Seacruiser the Lapras
Iceparrot the Articuno
Aerorock the Aerodactyl
Psycho the Mewtwo
Pokemaniac the Mewtwo
Shellfrog the Blastoise
Flyer the Pidgeot

This was before I learned the art of finding great nicknames.
Although HornyMoFo the Ditto and GoBananas the Primeape were pretty good.

My Nidoqueen is named Presilla as in Pressila queen of the desert? I think that movie was about guys in drag though D:

^ I nicknamed my Maractus Priscilla too, although without the film in mind. Kind of ironic, since I actually found her in a desert.

I got a couple in Diamond:

Here4DeHMs the Bibarel
I Liek HMs the Psyduck
MONKEY the Mankey
Patchy the Pachirisu
Shellie the Shellos
Chop-Chop♪ the Machop
Happy the Happiny
WhoaI'mA♀? the Riolu (Since Riolu are more likely to be male and this one turned out to be a female, I thought it would be clever)
C the Beldum
Sweetzie the Oddish
Mimzy the Slugma
LLL the Azurill
Ceh the Rotom
YESS the Seel

I did find an interesting one though:

Ratatat the Rattata

Last edited:
I named a zubat zubalubalu (try saying that 5 times fast) haha
And a shroomish frumpish

W the Quagsire (I was going to name him something longer but I pressed the OK button instead of a typographical character in Silver.)
AAAAAAAAA the Murkrow
Epic Win the Altaria (for no reason)
H4X0ru5
Justin Bibarel
Kevin Durant

Leviathan - Gyarados

Thought it was the coolest shit ever. Then I went to YouTube and other forums and like 99% of Gyarados were named like that. So dumb.

Let's see... The dumbest names have been given when me and my friend were still kids. I remember my friend nicknaming her Pidgeotto "Pierupussi" which translates as "Fartbag". It was funny back then...

Oh and naming my most important pokémon, Jolteon, "Jolty". Could've named him something more clever and cooler. :( And now that I'm so attached to it, changing the name would feel so wrong.

And my first pokemon ever, Bee the charizard, what posesed me to name it that, I don't know but now I have a tradtion of naming all my charmanders Bee.
That's actually kinda epic. I don't know why but it's epic.

I have two. I caught a Koffing in Ruby(?) that I named Fart and a Natu that I named Pecker. (It's a bird. They peck at the ground. Thus the stupid name. And I was bored.)

Now this was 11 years ago when I was little and didn't even knew what the word meant. I nicknamed my Totodile Prick...

Gurderr - tinycawk

Machoke - n'hischckn (as in Machoke-ing his chicken)

Mewtwo - Snuggles

Garbador - God No

Trubbish - Yes

THIS.

Also, there's my EPIKWIN Charizard: 'M. And his kiddo, who I've renamed a few times [M-2, then 'M(ander)].

When I played Sapphire version for the first time, I caught a Lotad and named it Seedy. Now, that's not weird for a nickname, but then when my brother traded me a Seedot, I named it Ydees, because it was Seedy backwards. I released Ydees not long afterwards...

Found a Shinny metapod whilst looking for a Heracross... named it Pingas.... You know...dr. robotnics "snoPING IS not alowed!"

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom