• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I named an Espeon DNAsh because I thought DNA was related to Psychic and Ash...or should I say RED had one in G/S/C. I thought it was terrible.

Speaking of nicknames, I have a really good nickname: The Intruder; aka my Muk. Try to spot the reference!

I've got a history of dumb nicknames.

One of mine was a Geodude I caught in Gen II- nicknamed Buttball. Because, well, they hop around on their rears, don't they? Unless they can walk on their hands.

One of my brothers was a Mankey in Gen I named "Stop Mr. Man!" Dunno why.

Gen V- Pidove was Crap Dove.

Gen II- Dunsparce- Bagowormz!!! (I had no idea what a bagworm was actually.)

Gen II- my sister caught Entei without letting me or my brother know (we all had to share Red and Silver), and named it "Fuzzy Wazzy."

Gen I- Hitmonchan- P-machine. Reminded me of..well, bathroom jokes.

Not exactly a nickname, but in Explorers of Time, I couldn't think of a name for my partner, so I just mashed the buttons. His name ended up as Turwigm99 or something. I feel bad for him.

I nickname everything I catch since B2W2, and I've ended up doing lots of breeding cos I can give the castoffs away on Wonder Trade. (They've got nice natures, egg moves, and a couple of perfect stats, so it's all good!)

What this means is that I go onto autopilot, and just pick names at random. Birgit. Rosita. Slugger. Arnold. Casper. Digby. Belgium. Mr Frisbee. All great names for Swablu.

Naming all of my Pokemon with a Y on the end made quite a few stupid nicknames. Koffy for Koffing, Dudey for Geodude, Deddy for Dedenne just to name a few examples.

I've gave some nicknames I'm not particularly proud of.

Trollface: Koffing
Emo: Weezing
C.Falcon: Blaziken
Mook: Poliwrath
MikeBison: Hitmonchan
The Blob: Snorlax
ButtFace: Skuntank
Croajutsu: Toxicroak

Way back when I named my Charmander "Unholy Gas." I really wish I could remember the context of that name...

I didn't name it myself but I constantly see a shiny Weavile named "Pepto" on the GTS.

461.png
Pepto-Bismol_de-19871498-small_new.jpg

Last edited:
I caught a geodude as an HM slave, and decided to name it 'Edudeog.' (Geodude backwards). Soon after i realized I spelled it wrong...

my wondertrade, perfect iv, totally badass, yet to lose a fight pidgeot.....is named toothpaste...so cruel...and I named my bronzong dingaling cuz I though it was funny

I'm very bad. I wonder trade gravelers and haunters and name them GRAVELER and HAUNTER respectively. I'm that guy.

I once nicknamed a Gulpin "Fruitcake" and sent him on his merry way through Wonder Trade. If you ever happen to come across my little Fruitcake, please help him along in his journey around the world. :p

I dug up my old Pearl game, and found I had named a Shellos "Grondakite". I had a weird taste in names back then...

A woobat i traded to my flatmate i called 'The Count' (from Sesame Street)

on White I have a Vanillish called 'Delish! (snowman sign)', a Gothorita calle Lucy (because of a girl i know), a stunfisk called Derpfish, and on Ruby a Slakoth called Herp. My next Slakoth will be called Douche.

At some point i intend to use the double zz sign but i don't know for what yet.

My flatmate has a shelmet called 'Sir Dafuq' and an Absol on emerald called 'Lady Gaga'

When we get to capture Dittos... well, all bets are off for that one.

I caught a Abra and named it Alakazam, then I realized that I couldn't trade it. That poor Abra lived the rest of its life with a constant reminder of what it could never become :(

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom