• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Style Thread (New Style: Christmas 2020)

Excuse me, but how do I create a style for the Bulbagarden Forums? I'm really confused.

You can't make your own styles, the ones listed are the only ones we currently have available. But, please do feel free to make suggestions for new ideas for styles, or changes that should be made to existing ones.

Excuse me, but how do I create a style for the Bulbagarden Forums? I'm really confused.
Indeed, only our artists can create styles for the forums. If you'd like to give it a spin send me a PM and we'll see what we can do ;)

I've been playing around the different site styles. My favorites are the Eevee's Pride, Misty's Cerulean Blue's, the LG Dark ver, and I am just trying out the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Team style. They're very easy on the eyes and give a nice personalized experience for each member on this forums.

Summer Break has come!
Hello everyone!

Many of you may have realized that already, but we have introduced a new seasonal style to the forums: Summer Break, our own style dedicated to summer-time and summer holidays. It was supposed to be uploaded much earlier, but there have been a few roadblocks in the way. Sorry everyone for the delay.

Anyway, as usual, here's a preview of the new style.

unknown.png

The banner has been brought to you by our former Artist @NyxNebby, the Bulbacicle icons have been designed by our Artist Valentine and the palette has been brought by me, @Cresselia92.

You can choose this style by clicking here.

We hope you all are enjoying your vacations and spending a pleasant time with your families and friends. ^^

The whole theme is just so beautiful! I love the banner, the colors, the icons, everything ahshff. thank you to everyone who worked on it <3 <3

I have a suggestion for a dark mode style, like an ultra-dark version. While I've used Bulbapedia's more darker toned styles such as Distortion World or Bulbagarden Default Alternative, they aren't dark enough during the night. Something in line with reddit's dark mode, where the background is black instead of dark grey, would be nice in my opinion.

Also, was one of the forum skins removed? I could have sworn there was one that was navy with sleeping Houndoom/Houndour.

Also, was one of the forum skins removed? I could have sworn there was one that was navy with sleeping Houndoom/Houndour.
Correct, I used that one myself. However, it has been taken down due to a clash with the author of the skin.
We're looking into making a replacement though.

Last edited:
How do I remove the snow flakes from the style? I’m using Bulbagarden classic. I like the snow accents but the constant snow falling is distracting while reading posts, I appreciate the style and it’s one of the few events I actually like, but maybe the falling snow reduces and disappears after a minute?

How do I remove the snow flakes from the style? I’m using Bulbagarden classic. I like the snow accents but the constant snow falling is distracting while reading posts, I appreciate the style and it’s one of the few events I actually like, but maybe the falling snow reduces and disappears after a minute?
If you go into account settings and then to preferences, you should see an option to disable the holiday styling.

Disabling the holiday style does not disable the snowflake effect. Unless I'm missing something.

It disabled everything for me (including the snowflake effect).
I'd like to give a feedback for these holiday filters. I usually don’t like to switch my current style (Bulbagarden Classic), so these filters are a new way of enjoying the festivities while retaining the colours I love. I’d love to keep them on, but the snow flakes are really distracting, to the point that they hinder my ability to even read the posts, but I really liked the snow accents on everything.

So it’ll be nice if the future holiday filters didn’t have lots of moving elements like the snow, or they can be disabled separately while still keeping some part of the holiday style.
In short, I loved everything except the snow flakes but disabling the snow flakes removes everything so that might be something to consider for future styles.

I still think it’s a great concept, and thanks to all the style team for this! Just thought to give my 2 cents...

It disabled everything for me (including the snowflake effect).
I'd like to give a feedback for these holiday filters. I usually don’t like to switch my current style (Bulbagarden Classic), so these filters are a new way of enjoying the festivities while retaining the colours I love. I’d love to keep them on, but the snow flakes are really distracting, to the point that they hinder my ability to even read the posts, but I really liked the snow accents on everything.

So it’ll be nice if the future holiday filters didn’t have lots of moving elements like the snow, or they can be disabled separately while still keeping some part of the holiday style.
Seconded. I like the snowy flourishes, but the actual moving flakes were too distracting for me. I was actually wondering if they could allow users to disable the two separately as well.

Thirded.

Snow flourishes: lovely, especially combined with my current avatar. Falling snow: Distracting as hell.

Back
Top Bottom