• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Style Thread (New Style: Christmas 2020)

@BackSet
To clarify, if you go to your preferences, you'll see an item under "Content options" saying "Disable holiday styling". Clicking this is what will turn off the snow effects. Changing your skin is entirely separate from this.

@PkmnTrainerV @SpinyShell
We use this Xenforo extension to apply the seasonal effects to the forum. I'll pass your feedback on to the developers of that, perhaps they'll be able to update the extension at some point.

For now, given all the feedback I've seen on this snowflake effect, I'm manually disabling that globally. You should still have all the other static snow effects showing if you have holiday styling enabled.

Yeah, to add onto this better late than never: I disliked the falling snow so much that I spent half an hour adding it to my adblock filters. While you may be able to disable it through your settings, if you're private browsing on mobile or whatever otherwise not logged in, you can't do that. It was way, way worse on mobile with the flakes having the same size. They even appeared to occasionally block taps.

I don't care for this snow filter on my pfp. Is there there a way I can disable or remove this feature?
It's ruining my beautiful Emperor Zurg pfp

Last edited by a moderator:
On a completely off topic note:

I don't care for this snow filter on my pfp. Is there there a way I can disable or remove this feature?
It's ruining my beautiful Emperor Zurg pfp
Go to Preferences and check Disable holiday styling.

Back
Top Bottom