• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

For the love of god please change the stat colors back to the way they used to be. I've created an account just to voice this complaint and I'm suprised that it wasn't brought up yet. It's unnerving and as far as I can tell there is no canonically reasoning for this change. Red will always be HP. Orange will always be Attack. Yellow will always be Defense. Blue will always be Sp.Attack. Green will always be Sp.Def. Pink will always be Speed. Do not let them psyop and gaslight you into remembering otherwise.

For the love of god please change the stat colors back to the way they used to be. I've created an account just to voice this complaint and I'm suprised that it wasn't brought up yet. It's unnerving and as far as I can tell there is no canonically reasoning for this change. Red will always be HP. Orange will always be Attack. Yellow will always be Defense. Blue will always be Sp.Attack. Green will always be Sp.Def. Pink will always be Speed. Do not let them psyop and gaslight you into remembering otherwise.

Red as HP colour was something we made up a long time ago, otherwise the old scheme's colours were loosely based on proxy connections to flavours, but it is a stretch to connect these colours to the type itself.

The new colours reference the Stat screen in Pokémon XY, but these are also found in XY/ORAS during super training, in SMUSUM when levelling up a Pokémon, in the Emeras in Super Mystery dungeon and are used to represent the types in Masters EX. As these are the only colours we can definitively associate with these stats the decision to switch them was made - also putting us in line with other EP wikis (except the German Pokéwiki for now). That being said if you have any specific concerns with the template we are happy to look and evaluate them.

Red as HP colour was something we made up a long time ago, otherwise the old scheme's colours were loosely based on proxy connections to flavours, but it is a stretch to connect these colours to the type itself.

The new colours reference the Stat screen in Pokémon XY, but these are also found in XY/ORAS during super training, in SMUSUM when levelling up a Pokémon, in the Emeras in Super Mystery dungeon and are used to represent the types in Masters EX. As these are the only colours we can definitively associate with these stats the decision to switch them was made - also putting us in line with other EP wikis (except the German Pokéwiki for now). That being said if you have any specific concerns with the template we are happy to look and evaluate them.
The colors are awful. If you want to stick to the basic theme of the official colors, that's one thing, but the specific colors used are extremely washed out and indistinct. If you pull up a colorblindness checker(which you should do for any color changes anyways), SDef and Speed are usually indistinguishable, and HP and SAtk are sometimes indistinguishable. That matches with my personal opinion, which is that the new colors are too similar and too faded, making them hard to recognize and remember.

Now, I recognize it's not always possible to make colors completely distinct for everyone(there's 20 types now, some of them will look similar no matter what), but there's really no excuse for 6 colors to be this bad.

The colors are awful. If you want to stick to the basic theme of the official colors, that's one thing, but the specific colors used are extremely washed out and indistinct. If you pull up a colorblindness checker(which you should do for any color changes anyways), SDef and Speed are usually indistinguishable, and HP and SAtk are sometimes indistinguishable. That matches with my personal opinion, which is that the new colors are too similar and too faded, making them hard to recognize and remember.

Now, I recognize it's not always possible to make colors completely distinct for everyone(there's 20 types now, some of them will look similar no matter what), but there's really no excuse for 6 colors to be this bad.
We hear you! we were actually in the process of tweaking them to address these complaints, and that change should be live now.

Back
Top Bottom