• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Noting here that Zhen Lin has found and fixed the issue, so the wiki has been unlocked. Since this is the first time the new servers has been unlocked, there potentially could be some bugs or lag until the load is properly balanced. If there's anything major (i.e. not just slight lag) then please report it in the site issues thread.

Thank you for your patience during this past week.

[h=1]Confirm e-mail address[/h]

Bulbapedia could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your e-mail address for invalid characters.
Mailer returned: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.

Can't edit anything because I can't confirm my email because I can't get the confirmation email. And it is written correctly.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of images on the wiki aren't working. Problem related to the recent server move?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

On Bulbapedia, alot of the images and sprites won't load, I tried refreshing, but it still isn't working. Can someone help me with this?

I still can't confirm my email, not even with other email accounts.

Let me repeat: I have the synopses of BW080 and BW081 already written in full. Do not do them.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of images on the wiki aren't working. Problem related to the recent server move?

I still can't confirm my email, not even with other email accounts.

Let me repeat: I have the synopses of BW080 and BW081 already written in full. Do not do them.

We aware of both the issues and trying to fix them, in the mean time we apologise for the inconvenience.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

On Bulbapedia, alot of the images and sprites won't load, I tried refreshing, but it still isn't working. Can someone help me with this?

Just letting you know I've moved your post to the correct area for Bulbapedia questions, incase you wonder where it went from the VG section.

Some months ago I gave a description of the "negotiations trade" process on the Global Terminal Bulbapedia article. Since then I've realized that this is not a feature of the GTS but instead of Generation V as a whole (as the same process is also used for local WiFi and Pal Pad trades). I put a split tag on the section but there's been almost no feedback on it since. What is the best thing to do with this information?

Best Sprites of Each Pokémon: 351-365 - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums

I just got through fixing all of the broken image links I had to TCG card images, and then I see that all of the sprites are too?! I have hundreds of sprites in my blog posts! if is this is due to ongoing changes, please make sure that the URLs of the images stay the same as they were before...

For example, the new URL for Castform's DP sprite is http://cdn2.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/ea/Spr_4d_351.png, whereas before there was no "2" after "cdn"

Please don't make me go back and fix 365 Pokémon's sprites.

EDIT: Okay good, they display now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Oh, for the love of... someone went ahead and wrote BW081... which I was waiting to paste my already-written text into, but still cannot confirm my email to be able to do.

Now I'm either gonna totally replace that person's work with mine out of rage or somehow find the patience to spend even more time meticulously merging the two. My text is twice as long as what's there now.

I don't get it. I tried two gmail accounts and a hotmail, but still cannot be confirmed. It says that it has sent the email and then the text right below that says a PHP error prevented it from doing so. If you guys are kicking me out of Bulbapedia, just say so! ARGH!

Oh, for the love of... someone went ahead and wrote BW081... which I was waiting to paste my already-written text into, but still cannot confirm my email to be able to do.

Now I'm either gonna totally replace that person's work with mine out of rage or somehow find the patience to spend even more time meticulously merging the two. My text is twice as long as what's there now.

I don't get it. I tried two gmail accounts and a hotmail, but still cannot be confirmed. It says that it has sent the email and then the text right below that says a PHP error prevented it from doing so. If you guys are kicking me out of Bulbapedia, just say so! ARGH!

Dude, calm down. It's an error, we don't know why it's happening. If we did, it'd be fixed already. You're going to have to be patient.

S'all right, I was kidding in that last sentence. I'll let you guys have the time you need. It's just that it's been nearly two weeks.

I won't complain anymore.

So that this isn't seen as a pointless post, I have one thing to add: In BW081, there is an error when everyone is gathered on the third floor of Ferroseed Research at the end of the episode. Cilan calls Dr. Malveaux "Professor!!" just before he captures the three Ferroseed in his electricity-draining machines. The doctor was never called Professor before or thereafter, so it is an error in my judgement.

P.S. Please post here (or pm me? whatever) when it is working so that I don't keep trying every day to get it confirmed. Good luck and know that I appreciate all you guys and gals are doing.

Hey guys, I'm at the tail end of Challenge Mode in BW2, and I've noticed that many nominal, but non-Leader/Elite trainers, such as Morimoto, Nishino, and Zinzolin, simply have Pokémon with buffed levels and higher money yields; no new movesets or Pokémon. To save space, I propose related party templates be fused. The money yields and levels displayed would be the default, while the [BP=Template:tt]"tt" template[/BP] would be used to notate Challenge Mode values.

See: Zinzolin and Shadow on [BP]Opelucid City[/BP]'s page.

In Nimbasa City, Nursery Aide June from the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel is a man who crossdresses as a woman to keep his job in the Japanese version of the game... But also in the French version of the game. Now I wonder if that's the case in other European localisations of the game or not.

I'll be honest though, this caught me off-guard, as I expected that line to be toned down in other localisations than in Japan.

I think you need a page of Pokemon name pronunciations, so that people that don't watch the anime or are new to Pokemon know that (for example) 'Bidoof' is pronounced 'BEE-doof'

(I wondered about that for over a year until I pronounced it wrong in front of a friend and he said 'BEE-doof not BIH-doof'...)

I think you need a page of Pokemon name pronunciations, so that people that don't watch the anime or are new to Pokemon know that (for example) 'Bidoof' is pronounced 'BEE-doof'

(I wondered about that for over a year until I pronounced it wrong in front of a friend and he said 'BEE-doof not BIH-doof'...)

Pronounciations proved too contentious. Even the official sources can't agree on a single pronounciation for some species, so they just led to arguments.

Typing in Nancy currently brings you to this minor anime character page, while most people who are typing that in are probably looking for Yancy (who is also known as Nancy) from B2W2 instead. I have no idea how to create a redirect page, so if someone could do that then that would probably be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom