• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Download Firefox, install Adblock Plus, block all images with the rule [noparse]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/*/Spr_*_s.png[/noparse] :)
Hmm. Good idea :yahoo:, I can use Opera's integrated content blocker for it.
But you have to add http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/*/Spr_*_s.gif also because some sprites are .gif

And what about these??? (I saw them in http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Pikachu)
025_s.png
025_f_s.png
Ani025ODS.png

I believe the latter is what is currently used. Don't take my word on it, though.
Actually I changed a lot articles to the first option I've show you because I didn't knew that the latter existed, so don't go on a random article and tell me how it's.

BTW I'm organizing the languages alphabetically also, that I believe it's sure the right thing to do, right?

Last edited:

Got this several times

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 786432) (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/DefaultSettings.php on line 2625

Server's been under really heavy load all weekend, it may be throwing bugs here and there.

I have a small question. Say I had the free time to go and update all the Gen IV backsprites to the ones used in HGSS. Well, ones that were changed anyway. Would that be okay? It might take a while, but still.

We'll be uploading them separately, actually. Spr b g4 ### (abbrev).png. (abbrev) is either Pt or HS, depending on when the backsprite was introduced. Same for Gen III backsprite changes and Gen II backsprite changes. Also, the shiny notation goes before the abbreviation.

Why the Template:User Opera is the only browser tag which can't be edited?

I discovered this when trying to change [[wp:Opera (Internet suite)|Opera]] to [[wp:Opera (web browser)|Opera]] so the text "(Redirected from Opera (Internet suite))" wouldn't appear in the Wikipedia page.

I've looked at the wiki a lot, and I noticed you really don't have a topic about hacking or modifying the games. Could this become a topic on the wiki sometime in the future?

I've looked at the wiki a lot, and I noticed you really don't have a topic about hacking or modifying the games. Could this become a topic on the wiki sometime in the future?

No, because Bulbapedia does not condone such things as hacking or modifying a game.

Why the Template:User Opera is the only browser tag which can't be edited?

I discovered this when trying to change [[wp:Opera (Internet suite)|Opera]] to [[wp:Opera (web browser)|Opera]] so the text "(Redirected from Opera (Internet suite))" wouldn't appear in the Wikipedia page.

Have fun. It's done.

CoolPika is right, we do not condone hacking of any kind, but we do have some pages to note some notable things, like some specific hack games, Pokesav, and articles on Gameshark and Action Replay.

Have fun. It's done.
Well, you edited it but it still the only "browser tag" that can't be edited by normal users. Why?
You should block the editing of the other browser tags also or unblock the editing of Opera template... Shouldn't you?

IT'S NOT LIGHT BLUE, IT'S LAVENDER.

Can we please have some sort of policy or rule or guideline or something asking that people not question hair/eye colors unless it's something really outrageous, like Ash's infobox stating that his hair is blond but changes color depending on his mood? :|

Moving breaks things. We don't want stupid people or vandals breaking things.

Especially when the template in question is transcluded on a heap of pages. There isn't really any need to rename that template now, is there?

Especially when the template in question is transcluded on a heap of pages. There isn't really any need to rename that template now, is there?
Of course there's no need to move the template now. Firefox template need to be moved now? So why isn't it moving-blocked? What about all other web browsers tags?
And, if the intention is to prevent vandalism, I wanna go back in my requisition for unblocking Opera's template editing, now I suggest you to block all browser tags, don't let a single one be edited by anyone.

Back
Top Bottom