• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

MDGarchomp

Pokémon 4 life
Reaction score
Is there any reason for my suggestion to be ignored? Nothing important for me but I think that you want that all your information are correct, so I don't understand why suggestions or error correction for the main page are getting ignored. The fact I mentioned two posts above is not the first correction which is getting ignored. Or am I in the wrong place here? Doesn't look like it.

Tiddlywinks

Reaction score
Is there any reason for my suggestion to be ignored? Nothing important for me but I think that you want that all your information are correct, so I don't understand why suggestions or error correction for the main page are getting ignored. The fact I mentioned two posts above is not the first correction which is getting ignored. Or am I in the wrong place here? Doesn't look like it.
Ignored (IDK why), unnoticed (the forums aren't the most frequented place for BP, especially since the Discord), and forgotten (none of this is anyone's day job exactly) are all reasonable possibilities, not just the one option.

Fixed

RandomRowlet77

Reaction score
Suggestion regarding moves pages
I was wanting to get Psycho Cut for my Absol in X and so I looked on the article for it here on Bulbapedia. However, the page did not have the locations of the TMs on it. It would be a good idea for scenarios like this to add that section.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Suggestion regarding moves pages
I was wanting to get Psycho Cut for my Absol in X and so I looked on the article for it here on Bulbapedia. However, the page did not have the locations of the TMs on it. It would be a good idea for scenarios like this to add that section.
Psycho Cut isn't a TM, so that's why you didn't see it.

For moves that are TMs, you'll have to click on their TM name and go to the TM's page, where their locations are listed.

Burakki

Reaction score

BittersweetNSour

Reaction score
About how long-running would a fandom thing have to be before it warrants a Project Fandom page on the wiki? Using the Fizzy Bubbles page as a reference, it couldn't have been around for more than six years when it got its page, so based on that metric alone, a page for We Are All Pokemon Trainers (similarly a play-by-post RP, but on the TVTropes forums) would be valid, seeing as it's been around for almost 8 years, over a third of the franchise's lifespan. However, I also recognize that there was probably some bias in making Fizzy Bubbles a page, since it was (1) a Bulbagarden forum RP, and (2) added when Bulbapedia was significantly less heavily moderated, and thus may have been grandfather-claused in.

Thoughts?

Hyperbola

Reaction score
I noticed that for some route and city wiki pages the items for different games seemed to be grouped separately, like a Pikachu/Eevee item, then a FRLG item, then a RBY item, then a GSC item, making it hard to follow in order which items you should be looking for if you're following along for just one game. Wouldn't it be easier to rearrange the items based on game, and then the order they are found in that particular game? Take Route 4's itemlist for example, the order of the games goes PE FRLG PE PE RBY FRLG PE FRLG RBY FRLG GSC HGSS HGSS GSC/HGSS. This was kind of annoying to follow once I got to Route 4 in Let's Go Pikachu because when I was reading the list, I had to skip FRLG & RBY items in the list for the ones in Let's Go Pikachu. Is this ordering intentional or can I change it, because it seems that an order like RBY RBY FRLG FRLG FRLG FRLG GSC HGSS HGSS GSC/HGSS PE PE PE PE is easier to follow.

LDEJRuff

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
I know that this is more than a month since the last post here, but I wrote a news article about the upcoming Twin Miracle and Detective Pikachu sets for the TCG. When is the article going to be out of draft form?

Shadao

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
So I looked at the requirements to upload images for Bulbagarden Archives, and I do not know how to help out on the To-Do List in order to get my account auto-confirmed. It's not exactly clear as to what needs to be or how I, someone rarely edits on Bulbapedia, could do anything.

Xanthipos

Reaction score
I have noticed that the wiki, just like this forum requires all accounts to have a valid email address specified, which seems like a good thing if a login is required to edit.

Anyway, how about unifying logins between the forums and the wiki. All this would need, as far as I know, is an interface to bridge the two sites.

SoaringDylan

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Anyway, how about unifying logins between the forums and the wiki. All this would need, as far as I know, is an interface to bridge the two sites.
Unifying the logins would be a quite challenging from a technical point of view, however we may be able to look into it. However due to our recent forum update and us still working out some of the smaller issues regarding the update this won't be for another few months.

Macromind101

Reaction score
Just an idea I'm throwing out. In the cross-canon references page, could the Red/Blue/Green starters in LGPE, as well as Green's appearance+personality, be considered a reference to Pokemon Adventures? There does not seem to be any (accepted) game-to-manga references so far.

Unown Seer

Silktree?
Reaction score
Just an idea I'm throwing out. In the cross-canon references page, could the Red/Blue/Green starters in LGPE, as well as Green's appearance+personality, be considered a reference to Pokemon Adventures? There does not seem to be any (accepted) game-to-manga references so far.
Adventures used the old Sugimori artwork as an inspiration for Green's design and the starter distribution. So that one definitely doesn't count as a game to manga reference.

Neither Green's personality (they're eccentric in different ways) nor her team is a carbon copy of the manga counterpart's. The influence is ambiguous.

MegaGreninga

Reaction score
I was curious why doesn’t pokemon like Gladion Lycanroc And Umbreon have their own pages they appearance multi times

Also Pokémon Ash Like Infernape shouldn’t it be noted to be his most powerful Pokémon even Paul had noted that it can his strongest fire Pokémon in Paul team

You know this not about Ash
Bewear I’m surprised she wasn’t looking for her baby could it be possible that Stuffle was the age to leave her baby to start her/him own life or separated I was quite surprised

I’m just assuming

Ereshkigal

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
Staff title change idea
Change the mod titles to say "Bulbaguard." They would be the protectors of Bulbagarden, thus they would be the Bulbaguard. They can even have a standard of a Bulbasaur in knight armor.

Westonboy88

Reaction score
I was looking at the home video releases and with the exception of the region 2 section I cant help but notice that there are not as many Blu-ray movies as single releases is there a reason?

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I think that on articles for Rescue Team dungeons, friend areas should be listed next to the recruitment rates.

crownedclown

Reaction score
Galar Region Etymology Suggestion

I was on the Galar page and saw that the etymology section is empty. I wanted to note that Gal may come from the lead ore Galena, which was mined extensively in Great Britain when the Romans first conquered there and is the most significant source of lead today.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of suggestion.

Edit: Considering that in the release trailer for Pokemon Sword and Shield there was a mine, and the industrialization design of the region, it seems like a plausible connection.