• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
I've suggested in this article's talk page that the altered moves used by Gates to Infinity's Gigantic sized bosses should be added to that list of moves or given their own list in the article, but I haven't gotten a response to my query in two months now.

The moves in question that I know about after scouring Bulbapedia are:
Dragon Rush, which requires a turn to charge and hits targets in the user's line of sight (unsure how far, will need to check).
Extrasensory, which hits all targets in the room.
Fly, which aims at a target anywhere in the room.
Slash, which targets all tiles surrounding the user.

If there are any others I've missed, add them on.

Reaction score
Thailand has recently issued promos with different numbers than anyone else. I think that it should have its own page.

Reaction score
This has been posted on the category's main talk page but I thought I'd post it here too as it's going to have to be addressed soon.

Under the category 'Episodes in which a Champion appears', all of the episodes of Sun and Moon since SM139 (Satoshi's victory over Gladion) have been counted... are we really counting a league champion like Satoshi along the likes of Shirona or Adeku? Because if we are, then the whole category becomes meaningless from this point on as Satoshi will be in every episode and it might as well be retired.

Thing in, the category has never counted league champions before. None of Alan's post-league XY episodes count. I do think there's a significant difference between a League Champion and a Pokemon Champion/Champion Master, so Satoshi's episodes shouldn't really be counted in this IMO.

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
There's a similar problem with "episodes in which an alternatively-colored Pokémon appears", because about half of the time it refers to Ash's Noctowl.

ボイタさん
Reaction score
Subject: Broken link on Archaic's Bulbapedia talk page

Hi! There is an issue in the settings because Geodude's trademarked romaji isn't Ishitsubute, but Isitsubute. I just wanted to PM Archaic on the forums, but the link is broken. So, is it still possible here to PM staff members?

Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
Subject: Broken link on Archaic's Bulbapedia talk page

Hi! There is an issue in the settings because Geodude's trademarked romaji isn't Ishitsubute, but Isitsubute. I just wanted to PM Archaic on the forums, but the link is broken. So, is it still possible here to PM staff members?
See this thread

ボイタさん
Reaction score
OK, Force Fire, but change your status text to "Bulbapedia Senior Administrator".

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
I'm having problems editing articles with the mobile version of Bulbapedia. Whenever I hit submit, it gives me this error:

Error, edit not saved.
Can someone fix this, please?

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
That is a very non-specific error. Not the first time it's been reported either, I've never been able to replicate it though. What sort of phone/browser are you using?

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this is a known issue or a purposeful choice by the site but when calculating the max stats for different pokemon 252 EVs are used to determine the max value possible for a stat. However, given a positive nature 255 EVs actually yields a higher max stat, albeit by 1.
For example, take a Blastoise with perfect IVs and 252 EVs in special defense and a +SpD nature, given a base SpD stat of 105 this results in a "max" special defense of 339 (as stated by the site). With the same IVs and nature but with 255 EVs in SpD instead you get a max SpD of 340.
Again, this may be a purposeful choice but I just figured I would point it out. Thanks!

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
I'll pass your comment on to people that are more knowledgeable on the matter see if we can't work out what's up

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
To pass on from my message "EVs are divided and rounded down before the nature modifier is considered, and EVs are capped at 252 starting in XY anyways"